PDA

View Full Version : All 3 kids have double ear infections

Gooftroop5
07-23-2009, 01:35 PM
If you could send a ton of pixie dust our way it would be appreciated.

Really worried if they are going to be over it before we leave for the World next week. We are driving luckily. However just took DD to have her ears checked as she was the 1st one to get it. It's been just short of 2 weeks since she first went. Her one ear has improved but still red & the other is still just as infected. Now I wonder if the boys are going to be the same way. They just went this week. They are on the same antibiotic.

Also the new antibiotic they gave DD there is a 10% chance she can have an allergic reaction to because she is allergic to penicillin. If she is anything like me then she will have a reaction (very few antibiotics i am not allergic to). I am not excited about that. Not much else to give her since the zithromax didn't work. I also know that not necessarily she will be like me. She can take sulfa drugs where I can't.

Thanks for reading this. Good news is we will be in Disney :mickey: soon but I dont' want them to be miserable while we are there. :(

TheVBs
07-23-2009, 01:42 PM
Sinding lots of pixie dust your way! :( I'll bet they're all feeling a lot better by the time you arrive. Kids bounce back quickly. :mickey:

disneymom15
07-23-2009, 02:02 PM
Here you go:magic::magic::magic:one for each of your kids. I'm sure they'll be fine.

azdisneymom
07-23-2009, 03:15 PM
:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie: Here is some pixie dust - one for each child and one for you, it never is easy when our kids aren't feeling 100%.

I hope all feel better by the time you get to Disney.

Scott C
07-23-2009, 05:59 PM
They should be fine in time --- BTW if this is chronic and the doc recommends tubes -- go for it -- it made all of the difference in our son.

Thanks
Scott C

AuntKari
07-23-2009, 08:24 PM
Sending prayers your way. It is tough-we all spend a year planning our big special trips and we cannot control our health or the weather. I hope it all comes together for your family. Keep them in bed with lots of fluids until you go. Hope it turns out to be wonderful! Aunt Kari

Gooftroop5
07-24-2009, 10:35 AM
Thanks everybody it must have helped 2 of the 3 woke up this am saying their ears don't hurt. Ds#1 says his still hurts alittle but it's only one. He just finished his5 days of antibiotics. If it hasn't stopped by Monday I will have to take him back. If you looked at them you would never guess they are sick except they tend to be a little more whiney. They still play like there are 100%

:fingers: that dd doesn't have an allergic reaction to the antibiotic. So far so good but I also know it can take a couple of days for it to kick in.

Less then a week until we leave so we are excited not matter what! :mickey:

Gooftroop5
07-24-2009, 10:42 AM
They should be fine in time --- BTW if this is chronic and the doc recommends tubes -- go for it -- it made all of the difference in our son.

Thanks
Scott C

My brother had to have tubes when he was younger. No recommendation as to that yet. Actually it isn't cronic this is only the 2nd ear infection for ds#1 & he is 5, 3rd or 4th one for ds#2 & he is 4. Dd has had a few more usually averages 1-2 a year. She is 10 & usually 1 round of antibiotics & she is fine. This one just seems to be a tough strain this year.

Also want to add that i just asked ds#1 & he said his ear has stopped hurting too.

So please keep the pixie dust coming. Ds#2 ended up sick last year from his allergy to blue dye (not sure how he got it we thought everything he ate was safe :confused:) so we are really hoping for healthy kids this trip.

azdisneymom
07-24-2009, 12:06 PM
So glad things are looking up. Just a suggestion - ask your pediatrition about taking drops for swimmer's ear to WDW. My dr. actually recommended drops made of 50% white vinegar and 50% rubbing alcohol. We would put 2 or 3 drops in each ear after swimming and it worked like a charm. I would ask your dr. first since your kids are just getting over their ear infections.

Have a fun trip!