PDA

View Full Version : Crowds In Mid Nov

Ksmith75
07-23-2009, 12:21 PM
Hello. Can someone give me a heads up on crowds in mid-nov ......we are hoping to get a little weekend in before our april trip. We are going Nov 13-15th? Any thoughts?

Strmchsr
07-23-2009, 01:55 PM
Any weekend Nov-Dec is fairly crowded because a lot of the local folks come out to see the Christmas decorations. However, the week you chose shouldn't be as bad this year since Super Soap Weekend won't be going at the same time. So, expect moderate crowds, but not wall-to-wall.

ryels
07-23-2009, 04:19 PM
We were there last year during the same time frame. Crowds were very manageable. We didn't have standy lines longer than 20-30 minutes for any rides (except TSM and Soarin of course). Several days you could walk right on many rides.

Restaurants seemed to be taking walk ins most of the time as well.

I would go back during that part of November in a heartbeat. :thumbsup:

IloveDisney71
07-23-2009, 09:16 PM
I've been the week before Tkg. and the crowds were light to moderate. It was wonderful. I'd go back during that time if I could ever arrange it!

Disnamic Duo
07-24-2009, 02:32 PM
Any weekend Nov-Dec is fairly crowded because a lot of the local folks come out to see the Christmas decorations. However, the week you chose shouldn't be as bad this year since Super Soap Weekend won't be going at the same time. So, expect moderate crowds, but not wall-to-wall.

No Super Soap that weekend? Have you seen a schedule for it? This would be great if true. That weekend will be the beginning of our trip, and we have zero interest in soaps...

...soap itself isn't a bad thing though...;)

epceddie
07-24-2009, 02:57 PM
For what it's worth, Touring Plans has set the following crowd levels for your trip:
Nov. 13 - 4 with Mickey's Verry Merry Christmas Party at the MK.
Nov. 14 - 9.
Nov. 15 - 5.

I don't know why Friday and Saturday are so low.

Hope this helps.

Pigtunia
07-24-2009, 04:24 PM
We went mid November last year, and will be going again at that same time next year. The only "crowds" we saw were at DHS during the Super Soaps, and really those folks were more focused on the soap stars than on riding...although we had a longer line than normal at Starring Rolls.

The weather was cool-ish, but last year they did havev record lows.

We had no ADR issues to speak of, either.

I highly recommend that time frame.

KAT1811
07-24-2009, 07:04 PM
Last year the crowds were great. After the end of F&W the crowds really seem to lessen. We love November. And no insane heat! :fan:

P.S. We'll be there too!

BelleBeauty
07-24-2009, 10:07 PM
I haven't been at Thanksgiving recently, but we went just about a week before Thanksgiving. The first half of the trip was perfect, no lines or crowds. The closer you get to the actual holiday and when schools start getting out, the more crowded it gets. It was a bit chilly, but a great time to visit.