PDA

View Full Version : tony's town square or liberty tree tavern

disneypk
07-23-2009, 11:25 AM
wondering which is better tony's town square or liberty tree tavern. Never been to either one.

afowl1017
07-23-2009, 11:34 AM
I must say I would choose Liberty Tree Tavern. However I am a little biased...ate there on my honeymoon for the first time, worked there when I was a CP, and I just love the pilgrim's feast! I have tried Tony's but had a bad experience with a really rude waiter and I didn't really think the food was amazing or anything ( I like Olive garden much better).

It'sWDW4me
07-23-2009, 11:55 AM
I've never been to Tony's but DS and I love LTT - we've been there twice.

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-23-2009, 12:23 PM
We've been to both, and without the characters at LTT it is a real toss-up.

We had good experiences at both, good service and decent food. The food isn't awesome at either, so I would decide which meal you would prefer, italian or thanksgiving dinner.

Either way, you'll enjoy it.

renecat
07-23-2009, 12:28 PM
L.T.T. for sure ate at Tonys and also had a rude server. Thought it was not worth the money we paid.

Seasonscraps
07-23-2009, 12:51 PM
For lunch I would go to LTT.

For dinner I would go to Tonys.

NJGIRL
07-23-2009, 03:36 PM
We eat lunch at the Liberty Tree at least once every visit to Disney and love it. Tony's is the only place in Disney in all of our visits that I can say we had a truely bad meal. Sauce tasted like Ragu, pasta was way overcooked and it was overpriced for what we had.

readytogo2
07-23-2009, 03:43 PM
after our last two meals at LTT i would go to Tonys. our meat was dried out ,terrible service and our mac and cheese tasted like Stouffers frozen-MMM. plus all our meals at Tonys have been very good and has a nice atmosphere

japhilli
07-23-2009, 04:41 PM
We ate at LTT twice last week and it was WONDERFUL. We also ate at Tony's and it was okay...will most likely not go back there. The food was not that great and our waiter was rude and rushed us thru our meal...on the other hand our waitress at LTT (we had the same one both times) was great and the food was delicious.

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-23-2009, 05:13 PM
We did not like Tony's, if I had to choose I would say LTT. We thought LTT was good but not great, any chance you could eat at one of the nearby resorts instead?

Mom2princesses
07-28-2009, 06:08 PM
We had dinner at Tony's in June and we had a very good meal. No complaints at all our waiter was nice as well! I would not go to LTT for dinner without the characters.

I agree with one poster if you want Thanksgiving go to LTT if you want Italian go to Tony's.

Enjoy!

AllDisney
07-28-2009, 06:27 PM
They are both OK. Nothing to write home about.

LandFan
07-29-2009, 02:16 PM
They are both OK. Nothing to write home about.

I agree. Now that the characters are gone from LTT, I wouldn't pay the $$ or use the TS credit for a meal at either one. I would take the monorail to Chef Mickey's, Kona or O'hana first!

SuzieN
07-30-2009, 11:57 AM
I like The Plaza better than either of those 2! Crystal Palace buffet is excellent also!!:mickey:

PlutoPlanet
07-30-2009, 12:08 PM
We tried Tony's once and we vowed never again. The food was too bland.

fmahan
07-31-2009, 06:57 PM
Liberty Tree Tavern has great food and characters stop by often while you are eating! Tony's food was just "OK" and the selection is so-so.:mickey:

SBETigg
07-31-2009, 07:05 PM
after our last two meals at LTT i would go to Tonys. our meat was dried out ,terrible service and our mac and cheese tasted like Stouffers frozen-MMM. plus all our meals at Tonys have been very good and has a nice atmosphere

The mac n cheese at LTT is Stouffers. It's a Stouffers-sponsored venue. I would skip both, do counter service in the MK, and have a good meal at a nearby resort later or another time. Grand Floridian Cafe, 'Ohana, or Kona are all far better than Tony's and LTT, Narcoossee's and California Grill incredibly better if you don't mind spending more.

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-31-2009, 07:09 PM
Liberty Tree Tavern has great food and characters stop by often while you are eating! Tony's food was just "OK" and the selection is so-so.:mickey:

LTT no longer has characters :( We really enjoyed the character interaction, and haven't been back since they left.