PDA

View Full Version : Worried tall guy and RocknRoller Coaster...help?

scooterca42
07-23-2009, 09:08 AM
Big D comes by his nickname honestly - 6'4" and a very long torso. We went to Cedar Point and had a rotten time with the coasters - none of the over the shoulder restraints would go over, the hinge was generally just below his shoulder and he couldn't slouch far enough for it to close.

We have NEVER ridden R'n'R - it's been in refurb every time we visit! This time, though, it looks like it'll be open...we watched the planning DVD and our hearts sank, there was our old nemesis - the over the shoulder restraint.:unsure:

Taller men - have you ridden? Any advice? Can I give Airwuf some reassurance or should we just not bother?:(

MarkC
07-23-2009, 09:26 AM
Scooter, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. I am also 6'4" but I'm more of the long legged than torso. However, I have plenty of room for my height. I would rate this ride as one of the best for tall people. I know there is a little extra room for legs if you sit in the front portion of the cars, so that might be best for Big D as well.

Imagineer1981
07-23-2009, 10:58 AM
I am 6'2 and have never had a problem, I usually have alot of room,so I think an extra 2 inches won't matter

MickeyandTink
07-23-2009, 03:55 PM
I'm 6' 3" and it wasn't a problem at all fitting in the seats and restraint. However, the speakers are set kind of low, so us tall guys don't really get to hear the music very well. Still a great ride, though! :thumbsup:

littleedie
07-23-2009, 03:57 PM
My friend is also 6'4" and had no problem fitting on that ride. good luck!

CaptSmee
07-23-2009, 09:12 PM
ask for the front row of the car...lots more legroom!

scooterca42
07-24-2009, 08:55 AM
:cloud9:
Excellent news! And good tips, too. Thank you so much, that's a relief! Still, Disney is so good at being inclusive about their rides, why am I surprised? ;)

WDWCrazyKaren
07-24-2009, 09:19 AM
Oh thank you for this info. DH is 6'3" as well, so it's good to know. Wait a minute....as I'm typing this I'm recalling that there is not way in HECK he will get on this ride, so why do I care? ;)

TheRustyScupper
07-24-2009, 01:37 PM
1) Welcome fellow 6'4"er.
2) I am also long torso.
3) My head-banging rides are
. . . Haunted Mansion
4) My leg/knee-banging rides are
. . . Big Thunder Mountain
. . . Space Mountain (not a banger, just tough entry/exit)
. . . River del Tempo (Mexico)
4) RnRC should be OK for you.
5) But, tell the CM you want the front of the car.
6) This gives you a little more legroom.

scooterca42
07-24-2009, 03:14 PM
Big D (Airwuf on this board - when he actually gets on the board:D) thanks you very much!

BluewaterBrad
07-24-2009, 03:22 PM
You wont have a problem!!:mickey::mickey:

HoosierDisneyFan
07-25-2009, 12:49 PM
I am just under 6' 5" and have had not problem with Disney rides (including the RocknRoller Coaster). Like you I have had problems with sitting height at Holiday World (IN), Kings Island (OH) and Kennywood (PA).

You should not have a problem!!!

Seasonscraps
07-25-2009, 03:27 PM
DH is 6'6" the only WDW ride he has a problem with is Space Mountain - he can fit it's just tight. RnRCoaster is no problem!!

EJS-Houston
07-27-2009, 05:58 PM
Big D comes by his nickname honestly - 6'4" and a very long torso. We went to Cedar Point and had a rotten time with the coasters - none of the over the shoulder restraints would go over, the hinge was generally just below his shoulder and he couldn't slouch far enough for it to close.

We have NEVER ridden R'n'R - it's been in refurb every time we visit! This time, though, it looks like it'll be open...we watched the planning DVD and our hearts sank, there was our old nemesis - the over the shoulder restraint.:unsure:

Taller men - have you ridden? Any advice? Can I give Airwuf some reassurance or should we just not bother?:(

I'm 6'2"...most of it in my torso and I'm built like a linebacker to boot. I've had Bid D's problem many time in lesser amusement parks (just this month I had to get off a coaster at a 6 Flags park without riding)...but have never had a problem anywhere in DisneyWorld, including on the Rock'N'Roller Coaster which I've ridden too many times to count. I'd say go for it!

EJS-Houston
07-27-2009, 06:00 PM
:cloud9:
Excellent news! And good tips, too. Thank you so much, that's a relief! Still, Disney is so good at being inclusive about their rides, why am I surprised? ;)

I suspect it's also because Disney invests in better ride technology.

PrincessJadesMom
07-29-2009, 02:05 PM
There is a website that is specifically for tall people and overweight people who will be visiting WDW. It is called WDW at large (allears.net/tp/ridsiz.htm).
It's a great website, it made me feel a lot more comfortable about riding the rides.:mickey:

jnfr2424
07-30-2009, 03:12 PM
Compared to everyone posting I am "short" 6'0 but then again I am a female! I recently went to a Six Flags park and was disappointed I could not go on ANY of the thrill rides- because of my long legs I could not fit.
I have never had this issue in Disney it may take me a minute or two longer to get in and out of rides but for the most part at least I can enjoy myself!

CaptSmee
08-01-2009, 07:38 PM
DH is 6'6" the only WDW ride he has a problem with is Space Mountain - he can fit it's just tight. RnRCoaster is no problem!!

I can get in...but ache so badly when I get out! Why won't they switch to Disneyland's cars?!?