PDA

View Full Version : What Ride/Attraction Would You Not Miss If It Were Closed During Your Trip?

mickeys_princess_mom
07-23-2009, 08:56 AM
DH and I were talking about upcoming trip, and he was teasing me about my favorite rides possibly being closed (I haven't even checked yet, cause we just changed our dates). I grieved when Pirates :sob: and Small World were closed, and DD really missed Haunted Mansion when it was down. He then asked me, "Well, what would be OK if it were closed when we go?" :shrug:...My first response was Stitch---never cared for Alien Encounter, and not lovin' Stitch, either...My second thought was Mission Space (that's never gonna happen for me!). What are your thoughts?

It'sWDW4me
07-23-2009, 09:32 AM
MK = Stitch (going on once was way more than enough for me)
HS = Sounds Dangerous (even worse than Stitch!)
EPCOT = Mission: Space (never did it, have no intentions of ever trying it)
AK = anything in Dinoland

ibrowse17
07-23-2009, 10:10 AM
It would have to be Stitch for me as well.

dml
07-23-2009, 10:20 AM
I would agree with Stich as well!

:mickey::mickey:

afowl1017
07-23-2009, 10:26 AM
Stitch for me too! I never ride this attraction when I visit...rode it once and I despised it. I never thought I would have a reaction like that at WDW and live rides too! It was just not my thing I guess.

DisneyAndRedSox
07-23-2009, 10:39 AM
Has to be Stitch! I was so excited when it was no longer Alien Encounter and couldn't believe it was even worse after I went on it!

As for Mission Space... my GF's and I rode it summer 2003 before it opened, when they had it open a few hours a day for preview. It was before they 'toned it down' several times. Oh, did I mention we had nachos and several frozen margaritas in Mexico before we got on? That was enough for me on that ride! We were so sick we sat on a bench for about 45 minutes, finally we decided we needed some ginger ale to settle our stomachs and went to the Coca-Cola tasting exhibit to find some! Never, ever, ever, ever again!

Imagineer1981
07-23-2009, 10:40 AM
awe poor Stitch, i don't think its that bad honestly. Its not great, but not bad. here's my list

MK: Winnie the Pooh
Epcot: Living with the Land
DHS: Backlot Tour
AK: Conservation Station

betteratmk
07-23-2009, 10:41 AM
Stitch, Mission Space and Dino land:D

cajunprincess
07-23-2009, 11:00 AM
Stitch and Sounds Dangerous. Both of them are attractions that I can DEFINATLEY live without!!!

Mousemates
07-23-2009, 11:40 AM
The Magic Carpets of alladin---just a county fair carnival ride that lacks any of the sentimental appeal of Dumbo.

MushuGrl
07-23-2009, 11:46 AM
LOL@betteratmk! I concur. Whole thing. Rope it off.

DisneyFanaticDargon
07-23-2009, 11:47 AM
awe poor Stitch, i don't think its that bad honestly. Its not great, but not bad. here's my list

You wouldn't be saying that if MK had the version of Winnie the Pooh that they have at Tokyo Disneyland (A.K.A. Pooh's Hunny Hunt). This ride BLEW me away and I can't believe Tokyo is the only one that has it. All the other Pooh rides pale in comparison...the people who've only been on the ones in Cali and Florida don't know what they're missing.

KronkHere
07-23-2009, 12:26 PM
MK = Stitch, Jungle Cruise
HS = Sounds Dangerous, Backlot Tour
EPCOT = Mission Space, Journey Into The Imagination
AK = Dinoland ( The Whole Thing )

:thumbsup:

Imagineer1981
07-23-2009, 12:45 PM
You wouldn't be saying that if MK had the version of Winnie the Pooh that they have at Tokyo Disneyland (A.K.A. Pooh's Hunny Hunt). This ride BLEW me away and I can't believe Tokyo is the only one that has it. All the other Pooh rides pale in comparison...the people who've only been on the ones in Cali and Florida don't know what they're missing.

I may agree with you there, I have heard its amazing

IloveDisney71
07-23-2009, 09:29 PM
I wouldn't miss the following rides/attractions if they were closed:

MK - Stitch, Tomorrowland Speedway
Epcot - Mission Space
Disney Studios - Star Tours, Sounds Dangerous, ToT
AK - the Kali river rapids (I think that's what it's called)

RAIDER
07-24-2009, 03:41 AM
Another vote for Stich

attaction wise ..Sounds Dangerous and Tikki Show :ack:

antngoof89
07-25-2009, 02:30 AM
MK - tiki show, it's terrible under new management
Epcot - living with the land
HS - Great Movie Ride
AK - The train

DisneyFanaticDargon
07-25-2009, 06:30 AM
HS - Great Movie Ride

BLASPHEMY! It may not be new or technologically advanced, but the entire premise of the park was built around that ride. I ride it for the sheer nostalgia of it!

coneygoil
07-25-2009, 10:09 AM
There's a lot of rides I wouldn't miss. Yes, Stitch is one of them. It literally made me sick for half the day when the chili dog thing happened.

bruin1344
07-25-2009, 11:06 AM
MK - Stitch
DHS - Sounds Dangerous
Epcot - Universe of Energy
AK - anything in the dino carnival area

KAJUNKING
07-25-2009, 11:19 AM
mk: swiss family tree house, magic carpets, indy speedway, pooh

epcot: o'canada, movie in china (mainly because you have to stand)

ak: dinoland except for the dinosaur ride itself

studios: sounds dangerous, narnia walk through

DisneyDINK
07-25-2009, 11:26 AM
Yep, Sounds Dangerous, big snooze.

jonasbrotherslvr15
08-18-2009, 08:27 AM
here is what i think!!
MK- stitch
EPCOT- mission space
HS- fantasmic ( i doubt they would ever shut that down, but just in case)
AK- dino land

DigitalDaredevil
08-19-2009, 12:52 AM
MK: Too many to pick from. I guess it would be TTA or HM. Oh wait, Pirates too.
Epcot: Spaceship Earth
AK: Can't say anything would really make me unhappy if it were closed. Maybe the Safari.
Disney Studios: ToT

jnfr2424
08-19-2009, 08:37 AM
BLASPHEMY! It may not be new or technologically advanced, but the entire premise of the park was built around that ride. I ride it for the sheer nostalgia of it!

ditto!!!
MK- Stitch
EC-Space - I rode it I just did not get it
AK- Conservation Station
HS - Sounds Dangerous

CaptainSad
08-19-2009, 09:20 AM
You can see "Pooh's Honey Hunt" on YouTube. It would blow DL and WDW versions out of the water. Just one thing though. I would have to hear it in English. Japanese is not the way I'd like to hear Tigger speaking. To Goofy.. No pun intended.

My choices are:

MK: Stitch, Teacups, Aladdin
DHS: Sounds Dangerous, American Idol--(Just to much of it. Jammed down our throats.
AK: Dinoland
Epcot: Can't think of any.

CaptainSad
08-19-2009, 09:42 AM
AK: Can't say anything would really make me unhappy if it were closed. Maybe the Safari.

lol

Stu29573
08-19-2009, 09:51 AM
MK- Stitch: I finally saw it this summer and wow...what a horrible attraction! I was even trying to give it a chance! There was no point to it AT ALL.

Epcot- The CIrcle of Life: Stupid, preachy movie that hasn't aged well. By the way, we went on Mission Space Green and it was COOL! It's now a "don't miss!"

DHS- Sounds Dangerous followed by the chopped down backlot tour. SD was closed when we were there. I was glad. BT is a shadow of it's former self. I used to like it, but now there's a huge "what's the point?" factor there.

AK- Probably Dinoland stuff (other than Dinasaur) I really don't care enough to get too passionate about it, though...

mousetrapper
08-19-2009, 11:44 AM
As for Mission Space... my GF's and I rode it summer 2003 before it opened, when they had it open a few hours a day for preview. It was before they 'toned it down' several times. Oh, did I mention we had nachos and several frozen margaritas in Mexico before we got on?

:sick:

brownie
08-20-2009, 09:11 AM
Dumbo!

Ms. Mode
08-20-2009, 02:13 PM
Stitch :ack:
Mission Space..did it once and gave all three of us a headache.
It's a Small World....never again :mickey:

Gator
08-20-2009, 04:46 PM
The Universe of Energy. At one time, it was decent. But now, it's boring and the comedy is nauseating.

Loweschevy
08-21-2009, 03:07 PM
I have to say Stitches Great Escape, Tiki Room and Sounds Dangerous

emmetlovesmaleficent
08-21-2009, 03:51 PM

Epcot: Living with the Land
DHS: Backlot Tour
AK: Conservation Station

u like stich and not WtP!!! heartbroken <___3

emmetlovesmaleficent
08-21-2009, 03:52 PM
Stitch :ack:
Mission Space..did it once and gave all three of us a headache.
It's a Small World....never again :mickey:

ITS A SMALL WORLD AFTER ALL ITS A SMALL WORLD AFTER ALL ITS A SMALL WORLD AFTER ALL ITS A SMALL WORLD AFTER ALL!!! say that in japanese 10 times fast!

mickeys_princess_mom
08-21-2009, 08:00 PM

:boxing:

olla86
08-22-2009, 10:08 AM
Conservation Station is the best for me! It is my favourite attraction!

Septbride2002
08-22-2009, 10:28 AM
Pretty much anything in tomorrow land being closed doesn't bother me.

MGM - Sounds Dangerous
EPCOT - Soarin - I know, I'm probably the only one that feels this way.
AK - Dinosaur or Flights of Wonder (since I'm afraid of birds)

~Amanda

Giggy
08-23-2009, 11:58 AM
(Originally Posted by DigitalDaredevil)
"MK: Too many to pick from. I guess it would be TTA or HM. Oh wait, Pirates too.
Disney Studios: ToT"

:boxing:

The answer to AK and the way it is worded would suggest the poster misread the question and answered what rides they would miss if closed during their trip. No need to panic! :mickey:

ChipNDale79
08-27-2009, 12:04 PM
Stich, this is the single worst attraction in the history of the earth :)

barbiegirl314
08-27-2009, 01:53 PM
MK - Swiss Family Tree House (does that count as an attraction), the Snow White Ride

Epcot - Universe of Energy, Mission Space (I will NEVER be going on that)

HS - Sounds Dangerous

Animal Kingdom - The train rid

PETE FROM NYC
08-27-2009, 03:39 PM
I realize that I am in a minority when I say I would not miss any of the roller coaster type rides. I have never been a fan of coasters.
Other WDW attractions I would not care if they disappeared:
Swiss Family Treehouse
Stitch,or any ride ever housed in that building
Sounds Dangerous
Alladin
Any wheel and spoke type of ride
Probably some others. I just can't think straight right now.
ONLY FOUR MORE DAYS TIL WE LEAVE.

crltkcagle
08-29-2009, 12:42 PM
Epcot - Ellens Universe of Energy :sick:
MK- Goofys Barnstormer, Swiss Family treehouse
HS- Star Tours
AK- Conservation Station

diz_girl
08-29-2009, 10:50 PM
Here mine:

MK - Stitch
EPCOT - Mission:SPACE
DHS - Narnia & Star Tours
AK - Can't think of anything

mickeys_princess_mom
08-30-2009, 07:22 AM
;)
The answer to AK and the way it is worded would suggest the poster misread the question and answered what rides they would miss if closed during their trip. No need to panic! :mickey:

;)

goofygirl67
08-30-2009, 08:42 AM
MK---Stitch, bring back AE
EPCOT---Ellen's Energy, good place for a nap though
DHS--Sounds Dangerous
AK--Prime evil whirl:ack::ack::sick::ill:

EpcotFan182
08-30-2009, 10:37 AM
If they were closed, I wouldn't miss Rockin' Roller Coaster (I never go on it), Stitch's Great Escape (I don't like it), and Kilimanjaro Safaris (not a fan)

Mickey91
08-31-2009, 12:38 AM
Stitch

TikiLounger
08-31-2009, 01:40 PM
MK...Stitch, Hall of Presidents, Small World

HS...Backlot Tour

AK...Primeval Whirl

Epcot...Living with the Land

4ubie1
08-31-2009, 01:53 PM
MK = Stitch (going on once was way more than enough for me)
HS = Sounds Dangerous (even worse than Stitch!)
EPCOT = Mission: Space (never did it, have no intentions of ever trying it)
AK = anything in Dinoland

:ditto: for me!

redlegwife96
08-31-2009, 02:47 PM
Definitely the Kali River Rapids in AK. On a hot steamy July morning, I was the unfortunate person to get completely soaked from head to toe. We had to head back to our hotel so I could get dry clothes on. The kids had a great laugh...but this is the one ride I will never go on again and wouldn't mind if it was closed every time we visit.

:wave:

cmshelton1979
08-31-2009, 07:20 PM
I don't know if there is any that I'd be actually happy that they were closed. Tom Sawyer is one that I wouldn't miss though. I've done it a few times and probably wouldn't miss it.

There are some rides that might be borderline boring, but I like them. My wife said I like some of the lame rides, but I believe they have to be there because these rides are what makes Disney what it is....I do not mean boring, but some of the classic rides COP, I love this ride.....Hall of Presidents, I have not done this probably since my first trip back in 95, but I want to do it again. We just seem to always have other rides/attractions that get pushed ahead of this.

I don't mind Stitch, I've done it every time I've been there. I will probably keep that trend going.

Some of the rides at Epcot such as the Living Land, that is boring to me because its too much like learning LOL. It is very nice to take a break and just sit though.

Oh and how can you not love The Great Movie Ride???? It does need some updating, but it is one of my fav's at MGM (DHS).

I think the Affection Section is one I can do without, its just like going to the Zoo here in Indianapolis. TriceraTop Spin is another that I can do with out here...Its like Aladdin or Dumbo, just alot more carnival like.......

kemps@wdw
08-31-2009, 10:59 PM
As parents of a 16 yr old, there are several of the "kiddie" attractions that we normally don't do anyway...Snow White, Pooh, and ToonTown, so we wouldn't mind down time on those, and the Teacups :ack: either!

BelleandtheBeast
09-10-2009, 11:13 PM
astro orbiter or stitch.

joonyer
09-11-2009, 12:30 PM
No question, It's hands down the TomorrowLand Speedway. I wouldn't miss it if it was gone forever, and neither would my kids. They never want to ride it, not since they did it the first time when they were only six. They think the local amusement center go-karts are much more fun, and they are right. I don't care if this was an original MK attraction, it is hopelessly out-dated and out classed by local amusement park go-kart rides.

beksy
09-12-2009, 12:31 PM
There's a lot of rides I wouldn't miss. Yes, Stitch is one of them. It literally made me sick for half the day when the chili dog thing happened.

Same thing happened to me!

For me it would be:
MK: Stitch, Speedway
EC: Honey I Shrunk the Audience (scared of snakes!)
DHS: Star Tours
AK: Its Tough to Be a Bug (scared of spiders and not a fan of bugs)

kemps@wdw
09-12-2009, 10:46 PM
Stitch would be my first choice too. But now that our DD is older, there are some of the atttractions that she feels she's simply too old for! Frankly, I'm always sad to see any of them out of order, but I'm all for the safety maintenance, and the refurbs and upgrades.