PDA

View Full Version : 300th Post

PharmD
07-22-2009, 08:22 PM
While I have been a member of this board for 9 1/2 years I have just now reached 300 posts :number1:. I have been away for a while and just recently came back. For my 300th poll I wanted to do a poll of how many times you have been to WDW. My trip in Oct. of this year will be my 20th trip.:D

KAJUNKING
07-22-2009, 08:26 PM
this year will be my 9th trip to the world

Madame Leona
07-22-2009, 10:08 PM
I'm 31 and I have been just about every year of my life, sometimes twice a year.

Marceline
07-22-2009, 10:13 PM
Although I had to vote in the 1-5 club.......it'll be 6 this Sept. :thumbsup::D

Annnnd once to DL. :mickey:

Belle_0717
07-23-2009, 08:22 AM
Looking forward to my 25th trip to WDW in November along with our first visit to Bay Lake Towers - it was luck that we got in. There are 7 of us - DH, Mom, Dad, Sis, BiL, Nephew plus I am pregnant with twins. This is going to be a very interesting trip.

DisneyOtaku
07-23-2009, 08:32 AM
Been going since I was less than a year old, usually going once every other year, sometimes every year, and sometimes multiple times in a year when I was really little and living 2 hours away. So I really have no idea, but it has to be more than 15.:blush:

CaptainSad
07-23-2009, 09:37 AM
I live on Cape Cod so I can't go to WDW as much as people who live within a few hours driving distance. That being said,. I have been to WDW 25 times since 1983. That is a lot of driving and flights. Can you imagine how much that has cost my family of six over the years? I tried to put a figure on it and came up with a ballpark figure. Around $50,000. My trips were 7-10 days in length. That is including the rooms, be it Disney or off site, Tickets (4-5 day Park Hoppers)to the parks, food, car rentals, flights, gas and what ever it took to get there. That is not including souveneirs. I envy the ones that can get Annual passes. Someday, maybe when I retire I will have that chance to buy a place down in Florida and visit as many times as I would like. Someday:cloud9:

NASCARVW
07-23-2009, 09:53 AM
I've been an annual passholder for the past 10 years...I'm going tomorrow to renew. :)
So, luckily for me, it's been quite a few times...
I can't even imagine putting a number on it.
:thumbsup:

PharmD
07-23-2009, 12:08 PM
Looking forward to my 25th trip to WDW in November along with our first visit to Bay Lake Towers - it was luck that we got in. There are 7 of us - DH, Mom, Dad, Sis, BiL, Nephew plus I am pregnant with twins. This is going to be a very interesting trip.

Interesting to say the least :D. Congrats on the twins. I hope you have a great time.:thumbsup:

PharmD
07-23-2009, 06:18 PM
I live on Cape Cod so I can't go to WDW as much as people who live within a few hours driving distance. That being said,. I have been to WDW 25 times since 1983. That is a lot of driving and flights. Can you imagine how much that has cost my family of six over the years? I tried to put a figure on it and came up with a ballpark figure. Around $50,000. My trips were 7-10 days in length. That is including the rooms, be it Disney or off site, Tickets (4-5 day Park Hoppers)to the parks, food, car rentals, flights, gas and what ever it took to get there. That is not including souveneirs. I envy the ones that can get Annual passes. Someday, maybe when I retire I will have that chance to buy a place down in Florida and visit as many times as I would like. Someday:cloud9:

While I don't live near Disney we're only 7.5 hours away. Man I can imagine it does cost alot coming from Cape Cod. How is Cape Cod? I think it might be nice to visit there someday. Yea I dream about being able to go out with the family on Fri. nights and drop by Epcot for dinner :cloud9:. That would be nice.

IloveDisney71
07-23-2009, 09:06 PM
I've been going since I was about a year old. I grew up close to WDW so I got to go a lot. I don't live there now, but I've been back many times since my move. :mickey:

ibrowse17
07-23-2009, 11:09 PM
I am close to 30 trips, and would love to double that before all is said and done:thumbsup:

Greenlawler
07-23-2009, 11:15 PM
Had about 4 trips as a youngster, but I have made up for lost time since I had kids. I think this will be trip 16.

RAIDER
07-24-2009, 03:38 AM
When i visit in dec this year it will be my 15th time :thumbsup:

Congrats on your 300th post :thumbsup::beer:

Giggy
07-24-2009, 12:11 PM
We've been 3 times before, April/May 1998, May/June 2001 and October/November 2004. I was 8 for the first trip, 11 for the second trip and 15 for the third trip.

First trip we had 3 weeks in Florida and spent the first one at WDW, my parents ended up enjoying this part of the holiday more than they expected to so for our second week (at Cocoa Beach) we travelled back a couple of times to go to parks. Final week we travelled about a bit more but spent the last few days back at WDW again.

Second trip was also for 3 weeks, first and last week both at WDW, the middle week we travelled down to Naples to chill for a bit. Then of course jumped straight back into all the action!

Third trip was for 2 weeks which was all in Orlando (except one night away part way through slightly further afield). Normally we had travelled to Orlando from Manchester Airport which is about an hour and a half from our home town of Telford so we'd just set off early that morning. That year due to flight availability we travelled from London Gatwick instead. This is a longer journey (about 3 hours) so instead of getting up at silly o'clock we travelled to London the night before for early check in. Our flight left on October 21st.....my birthday is October 20th, so my birthday was split between a full day at school and then not long after a fairly long car journey. The next couple of weeks more than made up for it though. :number1:

Next visit....don't know yet. We had gone once every 3 years so to continue the pattern should have gone 2007 and then 2010. It's too late for 2007 now obviously but I keep arguing the case for us to go in 2010 for last week of August and first week of September. So far nothing confirmed though. :secret:

KAT1811
07-24-2009, 07:12 PM
I have been so many times I have lost count. I know that we are buying annual passes this year in anticipation of at least one more trip. DH said maybe he'll send the kids and myself down another time too. (We own our own company so DH can't get away too often but the kids and I can! LOL!) :mickey:

I was 5 months pregnant with DS (#4 for us) on our last trip. Navigating the World is fine pregnant and the best part is that you can ride just about everything with only a few exceptions (the mountains, TOT, things like that). Plus everyone love a pregnant woman! LOL! :congrats: on the twins!

Mousemates
07-24-2009, 10:39 PM
15+ times thus far...always looking forward to my next visit

stephntampa
07-25-2009, 09:38 AM
Been going since the park opened, I was 5 years old at the time.. I'm 42 now... WOW, I have been there at least 100 times.. probably more! :D

SandmanGStefani24
07-26-2009, 01:49 AM
planning #6 as we speak!

iluvdumbo
08-05-2009, 07:54 PM
10th trip in October and we are planning 11th for 4/10!!! :mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-05-2009, 07:58 PM
I wish we lived closer, so we could go more often :( The cost of getting there really adds to the cost of the trip!

Still, we've been 5 times now, and hopefully many more to come :mickey:

Darbylew
08-05-2009, 08:00 PM
We have been going to WDW since 1972. We
go at least twice a year. Some years was three
times. So we have been many, many times. I
have lost count........love it! :mickey:
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND GOING BACK IN
NOVEMBER 2009! :D :mickey:

iheartdisney
08-05-2009, 10:07 PM
Have been going since it opened and with relatives in Florida our family has been more times than I can keep track of.....with hopefully many more trips in the future.

PharmD
08-05-2009, 10:32 PM
I wish we lived closer, so we could go more often :( The cost of getting there really adds to the cost of the trip!

Still, we've been 5 times now, and hopefully many more to come :mickey:

Yeah I guess coming from Canada is quite expensive. I only live about 7 hrs away and I wish I lived closer but I have nothing to complain about now:blush:

PharmD
08-05-2009, 10:33 PM
Have been going since it opened and with relatives in Florida our family has been more times than I can keep track of.....with hopefully many more trips in the future.

Hey Iheartdisney thanks for posting. Nice to see a fellow Georgian posting. Where do you live in Ga. I live in Gainesville about 50 miles north of Atlanta.

PharmD
08-05-2009, 10:36 PM
When i visit in dec this year it will be my 15th time :thumbsup:

Congrats on your 300th post :thumbsup::beer:

Thanks RAIDER:thumbsup:. Wow 15 times and you live in the UK. Now that's dedication. Someday I hope to travel in Europe. My wife went when we were in high school but I have never been outside the continental US.

dmosher
08-06-2009, 05:01 AM
This years trip will be #36 at age 36, so I am happy to try to keep that going!!
:pipes:
D

Mickey91
08-06-2009, 10:06 PM
I've been 19 times.:mickey:

GrmGrninGost
08-06-2009, 11:52 PM
I'll be going on my 16th trip next month! :mickey:

AHOTE
08-07-2009, 12:14 AM
I been there at least once a year since WDW opened in 1971 and a couple of years two or three times. This year will be the exception. :(

Tinkerbella16
08-07-2009, 07:36 AM
I am 23 years old and I'll be taking my 18th trip to WDW in November!!! woooohoooo! :mickey:

mickeymousedabomb
08-07-2009, 07:53 AM
So in November we are booked and this will be my 4th trip and the counting won't stop there!:thumbsup:

mikeyrio
08-07-2009, 09:30 AM
It'l be out 6th trip this Oct, not bad considering we're travelling all the way from Ireland!! We've also been to Disneyland in California once and Disneyland Paris 7 times. True Disney fans!!

PharmD
08-11-2009, 07:17 AM
It'l be out 6th trip this Oct, not bad considering we're travelling all the way from Ireland!! We've also been to Disneyland in California once and Disneyland Paris 7 times. True Disney fans!!

True Disney fans for sure :thumbsup:. I'd love to travel to Ireland someday also. Maybe I'll have to get some tips from you on where to stay and what not to miss. I've only been to Disney World but hope to eventually visit all of the Disney parks.