PDA

View Full Version : Nervous about ADR's for end of Halloween week....

Dsnygirl
07-22-2009, 10:03 AM
So, here's my question -- and it's really for those of you who were down at Disney for Halloween last year, as the ADR timeline for my question hasn't hit yet for those of us going this year.

(But it does in 2 days -- thus the question... :blush:)

Normally, we do a "one resort stay" and can book our ADR's for our entire stay when we're 90 days out.

This year, we've split our stay, so we can't make ADR's for the last 5 days of our stay when we make them Friday for the first 5 days.

Here is my concern -- my last 5 days go over Halloween, and those 5 days also have some "hopeful ADR's" planned that are at some of the more popular spots people like to go to, like Cali Grill on a Friday night for Wishes, Le Cellier, 'Ohana, Chef Mickey's.

I guess I'm just assuming that crowds, etc., will ramp up just a bit this year, seeing as Halloween is on a weekend. So, I'm a bit concerned that by the time I'm able to call for our ADR's for those days, the folks who are able to call at the 90+10 threshhold may get the best picks of times and that the stuff we're hoping for may not be available when it becomes our turn to call.

This would have probably held true last year, as well, as H'ween was on a Friday... so, did anyone have any great problems last year getting dining ressies at some of the "nicer" spots over the last few days of October??

I'm probably just worrying too much -- but that's me, I'm the inveterate planner of the family, so it's my job to do the planning AND the worrying -- so if anyone can set my mind at ease a bit, that'd be great!! ;) :thumbsup:

:thanks:

Christine
07-22-2009, 10:21 AM
Don't worry, Blythe, if you can't get ADRs where you want yall can come to my house! I'll cook dinner for ya! :D

No wait, you better worry! :blush:

seriously though, why can't you do the 90+10 just because you're splitting your stay? I don't guess I understand the ADR process well enough.

Dsnygirl
07-22-2009, 11:42 AM
Don't worry, seriously though, why can't you do the 90+10 just because you're splitting your stay? I don't guess I understand the ADR process well enough.
From what I understand, your ADR's are tied to your reservations, so they'll see that I check in on the 22nd & out on the 27th, thus only allowing me to do 5 days of ADR's. Then, b/c I'm checking back in on the 27th elsewhere, I have to wait until 90 days out from the 27th to do the next 5 days.

Really is a poor system, in my mind -- if a CM can see both ressies and that you're actually there for 10 concurrent days, I think you should be able to do the 90+10. :(

Nice new location, btw.... :thumbsup:

Aggie97
07-22-2009, 12:14 PM
We were there Oct. 23-31, 2008. We did not have a problem getting ADRs at 'Ohana or Narcoossee's on a Saturday night during Wishes. We were unable to get a breakfast ADR at Chef Mickey's. But -- we booked the trip in late June, so we were not making ADRs at the beginning of the 180-day window. I would guess you would have better luck with Chef Mickey's, as you are booking at the beginning of your window. Good luck! :mickey:

Christine
07-22-2009, 12:22 PM
From what I understand, your ADR's are tied to your reservations, so they'll see that I check in on the 22nd & out on the 27th, thus only allowing me to do 5 days of ADR's. Then, b/c I'm checking back in on the 27th elsewhere, I have to wait until 90 days out from the 27th to do the next 5 days.

Really is a poor system, in my mind -- if a CM can see both ressies and that you're actually there for 10 concurrent days, I think you should be able to do the 90+10. :(

But what about locals or people offsite? Not everyone is gonna have a resort reservation, right? I don't get that system at all! :confused:

I think you'll be fine. Here it is, July / peak vacation time, and I am noticing the board in front of City Hall in MK are showing dining availity at CP, LTT, Tony's, and the Plaza still at 5pm!

I hope it all works out well!

NJGIRL
07-23-2009, 11:25 AM
I had no problem and didn't get plus anything, just the regular 180.