PDA

View Full Version : Child Swap

TTA Metroliner
07-22-2009, 08:35 AM
Me and DW will be going to Disney Sept for the first time with our 2 year old and 5 year old (we've been TONS before, but never with the kids) and my mom. Please explain to me how kid swap works. My 5 year old wants to ride most rides (and is tall enough too) but the two year old isn't. Do we wait in line together, and then one waits to swap the kids, or is it done another way. Not sure as we have never done this (or noticed it happening) before.

momofdisneyprincess
07-22-2009, 09:04 AM
I LOVE child swap. I have a 1 1/2 DS and a 6 1/2 DD so they cannot ride a lot of the same rides. You all go to the line together and see the cast member there. Let him/her know you want to do child swap. They will give you what is essentially a fast pass for immediate entry good for 3 people. That means that your daughter can go on the ride with your husband and your mom while you wait with the younger one. When they come out, you can then go on the ride with (2) other people. My daughter loved it because she was able to ride twice in a row that way. We loved it because we were each able to enjoy the ride with her.:thumbsup:

Imagineer1981
07-22-2009, 12:25 PM
I LOVE child swap. I have a 1 1/2 DS and a 6 1/2 DD so they cannot ride a lot of the same rides. You all go to the line together and see the cast member there. Let him/her know you want to do child swap. They will give you what is essentially a fast pass for immediate entry good for 3 people. That means that your daughter can go on the ride with your husband and your mom while you wait with the younger one. When they come out, you can then go on the ride with (2) other people. My daughter loved it because she was able to ride twice in a row that way. We loved it because we were each able to enjoy the ride with her.:thumbsup:

Just to be clear though, the first group must wait in the normal stand-by line and ride unless they have FP tickets, while the others wait OUTSIDE of the attraction. Then when they get off the ride, the person who waited behind can take the child swap ticket through the FP line with up to two additonal guests and ride again. The key point is the first group has to wait in either standby or FP first.