PDA

View Full Version : Transportation Question

MistressGracey
07-21-2009, 12:42 PM
Hello, fellow Disneyphiles!

On our upcoming trip, we are planning to spend an afternoon/evening @ MK, staying until closing @ 8 PM. We have dining ressies @ Ohana for 9:30 (the ONLY available time they had). I'm going to keep trying to get that ressie time bumped up a bit, but if I cannot, here's my dilema:

We want to take Disney transport from Pop Century to MK, if possible, then take the resort monorail over to the Poly for our dinner. But that's going to put us returning to the MK park @ probably 11 PM to get the bus back to Pop. Since the park closes @ 8 PM that night, I'm not even sure if the buses would still be running @ that hour.

Would it be better to drive to the Poly @ noonish or whenever we are ready to go to MK, see if they would let us park there, take the monorail to MK, then take the monorail back to Poly for dinner and thus have our car there @ Poly when we are done with dinner? We're really just trying to avoid the TTC if at all possible.

I will value any input that you may have on this situation, TIA!:thumbsup:

dml
07-21-2009, 01:21 PM
I've been in your same situation before and I believe the easiest way around this is after your dinner, go to Downtown Disney via bus from the Poly and then take your hotel's bus from Downtown Disney. Someone else may have another suggestion, but this is how I've done it. Ohana's is definitely worth the palanning!!
:mickey::mickey:

vicster
07-21-2009, 01:56 PM
I would go with parking at the Polynesian and going to MK. Take the monorail to Poly for dinner and your car's already there.

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-21-2009, 01:58 PM
They might not let you park at the Poly all afternoon. They are especially careful at the MK resorts, since so many people want to park there instead of at the park.

The best plan (so you don't have to worry about getting back or having trouble with your car) is to take the bus from the Poly to DTD, and then a bus from DTD back to the resort. You could also ust get a taxi, which wouldn't cost too much, and would save a lot of time.

tazlikesrobots
07-21-2009, 02:34 PM
The other option is to see what park offers evening EMH on that date and take the bus/monorail to that park instead of connecting trhough DTD.

TheDuckRocks
07-22-2009, 12:28 PM
I believe I have read that the resorts have a 3 hour maximum time limit for people who are not a guest at that resort but are only going there for dinner.

Polynesian Dweller
07-22-2009, 02:17 PM
I believe I have read that the resorts have a 3 hour maximum time limit for people who are not a guest at that resort but are only going there for dinner.

That's right and the Poly is fairly strict about this because of it's location. You could park in the MK parking lot and then at park closing move your car to the Poly lot. As you drive S on World Dr there is a lane near the entrance gate where you can turn around.

Aggie97
07-22-2009, 02:24 PM
:welcome: to Intercot!!!

I would do as previous posters suggested for your return trip: bus from Polynesian to DTD, then bus to Pop Century. The suggestion to use the park with evening EMH as a transfer point would be another option. If you are concerned about time, a taxi would be the way to go; it generally costs less than $15. :mickey:

MistressGracey
07-23-2009, 10:14 PM
Thank you all muchly for all the suggestions! Intercot is the best!:mickey:

mickeys_princess_mom
07-24-2009, 08:33 AM
Welcome aboard! As dml said, O'Hana's is worth the trouble! I'd go with the DTD bus plan.
Enjoy! :wave: :papple:

diz_girl
07-24-2009, 09:47 AM
That's right and the Poly is fairly strict about this because of it's location. You could park in the MK parking lot and then at park closing move your car to the Poly lot. As you drive S on World Dr there is a lane near the entrance gate where you can turn around.

Good idea! Also, you might not even need to move your car, since the TTC is right next to the Poly. They should still have the trams running after you finish your meal. Even though the park closes at 8 p.m., it may take a while to get out of the park and where you want to go, so if you can't move your car, you should still be fine.

MistressGracey
07-25-2009, 02:33 PM
Oh, I certainly agree on Ohana being worth the trouble. We ate here year before last and I'd make 18 bus transfers if I had to to get there again. Thankfully, that won't be the case, thanks to all the great tips from you fine folks here on Intercot! Thanks again, my fellow Disney Dudes and Dudettes!

OogieBoogieMan
07-25-2009, 08:12 PM
Personally, I would rather have a root canal than take a bus to DTD at 11:00 only to get on another bus to my hotel, seems like a huge waste of time. Parking at the Kingdom makes sense or go the taxi route.