PDA

View Full Version : Columbus Day Crowds

bwk99
07-21-2009, 11:48 AM
I've never been during Columbus Day before, and didn't realize it was going this year until 3 months after I made reservations. Is Columbus Day and the weekend prior busy?

spinnerf
07-21-2009, 12:50 PM
I dont think Columbus day will be too bad. Im sure its more crowded than a regular October weekend, but it will be nothing like spring break time or early summer. Some years Columbus day can be crowded when the Jewish Holidays coincide, parlaying it into a 5 day weekend for us in the North East. That doesnt happen this year. I think youll have a great time!

thrillme
07-22-2009, 01:26 AM
When we went it was fine on Thursday...Packed Friday-Sunday...Monday we went home. Epcot was impossible to navigate Saturday evening with the Wine and Food festival going on.

Animal Kingdom was our most peaceful park. Everything went smoothly there. Magic Kingdom was OK...Loved the fireworks...My hubby still sings the little Halloween song...it got majorly stuck in his head.

This "free for all resort guests" EMH in the evening has got to go. Bring back the $12 charge!!!

MGM was OK except someone was having a wedding in the Great Movie Ride so it was shut down...:(. Even though we had fast passes they were having some sort of problem with Toy Story and the wait was quite lenghty. Fast passes ran out by about 11:30.

We usually go in July...I'll stick to having a full week in the summer even though it's HOT. The weather in October was mild which DID make it really nice. Make sure you get your ADR's. It seems like there were LOTS of locals there.

spinnerf
07-22-2009, 08:40 AM
I agree that the food and wine festival was insanely crowded and overrun with locals at night that weekend, but in the day it was fine. I found that weekend nights with the food and wine festival was a little too much of a "party" atmosphere for those of us with little ones. But again in the day its one of my favorite events at Epcot.