PDA

View Full Version : Oct. Crowds

DisneyDINK
07-21-2009, 10:48 AM
DW and are are headed to WDW Oct 17-24. I'm wondering what kind of crowds to expect. Are the ride lines really long then?

Gregandmel
07-21-2009, 10:56 AM
We were there the first week in October last year and the lines were really good. We made it to the parks at opening each day and many rides were walk ons. I have a membership to the touring plans website which shows crowd levels and the levels for the week you are going are mostly 4's & 5's - I think you'll have a great time with weather and crowds. Have a wonderful time!!:mickey:

Polynesian Dweller
07-21-2009, 11:11 AM
We're going the same time and usually pick this week because the crowds are usually manageable and the weather good. Lines at popular attractions (Soarn, TSMM) can be long. Saturday night at MK will be very busy and evenings and weekends at Epcot during Food and Wine tend to be quite busy as well. But you will enjoy the week and nothing will be overwhelming.

spinnerf
07-21-2009, 12:51 PM
I agree, having been many times in October, it is in my opinion the best weather and very minimal crowds. You picked a great time to go!

Disney Doll
07-21-2009, 02:03 PM
We went that same exact week last year and crowds were fine. It was pretty crowded at EPCOT on evenings and weekends due to F&WF, but you can hit the food booths during the day and miss the crowds entirely. Overall, it was more crowded than what we are used to seeing in Jan/Feb which is when we usually go, but not bad at all. We loved the weather and the extra events like F&WF and MNSSHP. It's a great time to go IMHO.

Imagineer1981
07-21-2009, 02:15 PM
October is perfect timing, great weather and light crowds, love October in Florida

BluewaterBrad
07-21-2009, 03:18 PM
We will be there the week after. Medium crowds all the way!!:thumbsup::mickey:

Grim Grinning Marathon Runner
07-21-2009, 04:13 PM
The Tower of Terror 13K race is Saturday night, 10/24. I have no idea what the crowd impact might be, but I'm running that race!!

Weather then is GREAT!!

thrillme
07-22-2009, 01:17 AM
Stay away Columbus Day weekend and you'll probalby do GREAT.

pook@wdw
07-22-2009, 10:27 PM
We use to go during summer, but for the last 8-9 yrs, we've gone in Oct. due to our DD fall break from school. Better weather, less crowds, and best of all, The Epcot Food & Wine Fest....YUMMY!! :thumbsup: