PDA

View Full Version : Periwig's Beauty Salon

broadway315
07-21-2009, 10:04 AM
Does anyone have any experience with Periwig's Beauty Salon at the Yacht & Beach Club? We will be at WDW in August for our honeymoon, and after growing out my hair for the wedding, I am dying to go back to my normal short haircut. The prices seemed similar to what I would pay at home, but I can't seem to find any reviews of the salon. Has anyone used them or the GF Salon? Which would you recommend? We will be eating at California Grill our first night, and I would love to get my haircut and styled that afternoon.

mouseketeer mom
07-21-2009, 11:14 AM
I've never been to Periwigs, but I have been to Ivy Trellis at the GF twice. I have had my hair cut and blown out. I've been really happy with my experiences there. Make an appointment! There is usually just one stylist at a time working at Ivy Trellis and many people walk up for appts. The times I've been there, she has had to stop doing my hair to talk to walk ins and schedule them for later!

Rosanne
07-21-2009, 03:43 PM
Hi! First of all, congratulations on your upcoming wedding! I'm engaged and I am trying to push the Disney honeymoon!

When I lived in Orlando, I went to the Disney salons because it was reputable, close and gave a cast member discount. I loved both Ivy Trellis and Periwigs. I tried to make more appointments at Periwigs because, as the previous poster mentioned, Ivy is very tiny.

You will get the same service at both places because they are outsourced to the same company. They are the same people assigned to different salons.

I hope this helps! Good luck and congrats!

AuntLaura
07-21-2009, 08:44 PM
I never had my hair done - just manicure and pedicure. They were quite busy doing hair braiding for younger girls. I was always very happy with the service I received.

iheartdisney
07-21-2009, 10:05 PM
Both my mother and my daughter have used Periwigs when we stay at Beach and Yacht and have always raved about the experience. :thumbsup: