PDA

View Full Version : hair and humidity question

disneymom15
07-21-2009, 09:38 AM
Wondering if anyone could recommend a hair product that holds a curl in Floridas high humidity. I would prefer something that doesn't leave my hair sticky or stiff. My hair is cut in an inverted bob and I like to put loose spiral curls in it. Thanks for your help.

RedSoxFan
07-21-2009, 09:59 AM
I have wavy hair and flat iron it to make it straight. I use Kendra silkening gloss afterwards and it holds up to the humidity pretty well. Not much frizz at all and my hair can get frizzy. You can find it at a salon for around $18.

nicster
07-21-2009, 10:22 AM
There is a product by Living Proof that is made for curly hair & really does the job for high humidity. Google it, you may have to order it on line. It will leave your hair flexible yet sealed. It was actually developed by scientist at MIT! They featured it on a spot on the Today show about 2 months ago.

Emme&TeddysMommy
07-21-2009, 10:26 AM
I use foxy curls by bead head. You only need a small amout and it works great. Not to mention is smalls awesome! They have a whole product line for curls. I have a smilar and this works great!

coloradowendyl
07-21-2009, 10:44 AM
I have ultra straight hair that goes completely flat in humidity. I have found that the Aussie products hair spray and mousse for high humidity work pretty well to keep my hair set in Florida. It is not very expensive and I can get it at Target!

Wendy

Belle619
07-21-2009, 03:43 PM
Ahh, something I think about non-stop before any trip to Florida! I found that the key to normal looking hair is to start with a good shampoo/conditioner. I don't like to spend too much on shampoo and conditioner, so I use the Suave Professionals Sleek line of products. This helps to calm the hair from the get-go.

Then I use Aveda Be Curly curl cream (the Suave Sleek cream works well too), followed by a light mousse (to make sure I haven't flattened the heck out of my hair). Lastly, I use a diffuser hair dryer because I have found that letting it air-dry in the humid temps is a recipe for disaster.

Granted, I only use this routine in Florida or during the humid NY summers because otherwise in normal/dry weather it will make my hair kinda flat, so I don't recommend it for everyday use.

crazypoohbear
07-21-2009, 04:08 PM
I just go with the additude that my hair is going to look like garbage and I won't know anyone there so I don't care what it looks like because I will never see them again :blush:
I just wash and go and usually put it up in a clip :mickey:

kdbianchini
07-21-2009, 04:23 PM
Aveda products are the best.

It'sWDW4me
07-21-2009, 04:43 PM
I just go with the additude that my hair is going to look like garbage and I won't know anyone there so I don't care what it looks like because I will never see them again :blush:
I just wash and go and usually put it up in a clip :mickey:

:ditto: I have stick straight hair that gets blown mostly dry and then stuck up in a pony. I'm at Disney World - I have no time to dry, mousse, wax, curl, etc, etc. Gotta go, go, go! :mickey:

garymacd
07-21-2009, 08:08 PM
You probably won't like my solution to the bad hair problem: it's called baldness.

:rotfl:

crazypoohbear
07-21-2009, 08:21 PM
You probably won't like my solution to the bad hair problem: it's called baldness.

yeah, but now you have to worry about which sunscreen to use and which hat will match your JORTS :D

garymacd
07-23-2009, 02:50 PM
yeah, but now you have to worry about which sunscreen to use and which hat will match your JORTS :D

Jorts? Never! Not since my lifeguarding days.

However...

There is always the white tee shirt, black knee length, high waisted (up to my chest) shorts, black knee socks and black oxfords.

Gonna look smashing with me bald pate sticking out of my money counter sunshade!

Sure hope Disney doesn't have fashion police!

murphy1
07-23-2009, 07:36 PM
I have long/thicky/wavy curly hair and grew up in Central FL, you have to use gel and Aqua Net, I know your not liking that, but that's it if you want it to hold. If your curl really comes out you could do a scrunching spray like Aussie or John Freida, my hair would stay for a week in curls if I let it, but I had to wash it of course.

No Gary, no fashion police, just tourista police!

crazypoohbear
07-23-2009, 11:31 PM
Oh, Gary you should and will get a ticket dressed like that for sure.
A ticket for what you ask?
DWI
DRESSING
WITHOUT
INSTRUCTIONS

:D:D:D

garymacd
07-24-2009, 11:28 AM
Oh, Gary you should and will get a ticket dressed like that for sure.
A ticket for what you ask?
DWI
DRESSING
WITHOUT
INSTRUCTIONS

:D:D:D

lmao

ChipDale2708
07-24-2009, 12:32 PM
I have super straight baby fine hair with no natural body and the slightest trace of humidity sends my hair into a ponytail. My hair does hold a curl from a curling brush, but the only hairspray that I have found that holds up is Pantene's Texturize formula. Unfortunately it isn't available every where anymore so if I happen to see it, I buy every can in stock. It leaves my hair a tad stiff, but it works.

coloradowendyl
07-25-2009, 05:41 PM
However...

There is always the white tee shirt, black knee length, high waisted (up to my chest) shorts, black knee socks and black oxfords.

Gonna look smashing with me bald pate sticking out of my money counter sunshade!

Gotta think that the other accessory to this stunning outfit is a nice white pocket protector and a large dose of white zinc oxide over just your nose!

Wendy

LauraByTheSea
07-26-2009, 09:13 AM
I use foxy curls by bead head. You only need a small amout and it works great. Not to mention is smalls awesome! They have a whole product line for curls. I have a smilar and this works great!

I live in South Florida and use this too... Works pretty well and my hair is very curly. Usually ends up in a pony tail by the time I get to the car regardless, but at least my pony is curly! :blush:

garymacd
08-06-2009, 10:37 PM
Gotta think that the other accessory to this stunning outfit is a nice white pocket protector and a large dose of white zinc oxide over just your nose!

Wendy