PDA

View Full Version : can you use TS/CS credits for snacks?

Live4WDW
07-20-2009, 08:14 PM
:mickey: Hey all can you use TS, or CS dining credits for snacks if they are not used for a meal? Just curious as we might not handle all the meals. Any info will be appreciated. Thank you.:mickey:

Cinderella's mom
07-20-2009, 09:07 PM
I called Disney and asked if we could use table service for counter service and they told me no. I know I have heard of people doing it, but not sure how.

Strmchsr
07-20-2009, 09:16 PM
If you think that's even a little possibility I would suggest you not doing the DDP. The DDP is a dubious value as it is and not using your credits, or using TS/CS for snack credits (even if possible) would mean you were losing a lot of money. If you won't eat that much just pay for your food OOP.

egospotter
07-20-2009, 09:16 PM
I don't know when you are going but, last year during free dining they had a deal where you could trade a table service credit for counter service and you also got either a voucher for 2 snacks or a mesh bag.

They seem to be repeating everything from last year, like opening up more restaurants for free dining and all so they might do the TS for CS trade to. :mickey:

Live4WDW
07-20-2009, 09:40 PM
:mickey: A clarification here. We are on the free dining plan as we our going in Aug, we have opted to upgrade to the dluxe plan for $256.00, so we have choice of three meals a day, so some signature dining, and breakfast too, so that is why I asked about the use of snacks. Either way the oop cost for the upgrade is still quite small considering all of the options. Thanks:mickey:

dyin tago
07-21-2009, 12:16 AM
I sure hope they gave you the wrong info cinderella`s mom.

we use some table service credits for counter service every year on the free dining plan.
there is still availability for the free dining offer this september and it is near impossible to get a lot of table service choices this late so where would these people eat?
some days we prefer to have a nice rotisserie chicken dinner to eat outside at caribbean beach and don`t mind giving up a table service credit for it.

goofysbabe
07-21-2009, 09:37 AM
To answer your question - we went one year during free dining. We did not use all of our CS credits, we asked one of the CM's and were able to use them to purchase snacks before we left the resort to head home. We stayed at POP and at that time we could use them on boxes of donuts, rice crispy treats, various chips. Now having said that I would call Disney and ask them if this is still true. Can't hurt to ask and you'll know before you go. Have fun

Cinderella's mom
07-21-2009, 10:08 PM
I surely hope they gave me the wrong info also! We are going Thanksgiving week, but checking in while it is not that week and got free dining for the whole week with a pin code. I am so excited! My family of four will not have a problem eating all of our meals wheather it will be counter service or table service, but my parents do not want to be held to having to keep a schedule. Thanks again! :mickey: