PDA

View Full Version : ADRs made, now the wait begins!!!

DizneyFreak2002
07-20-2009, 07:27 PM
Finished my ADRS today... Now, the countdown to the trip begins.. here is my list.. Feel free to rate the choices:

October 11: Boma
October 12: California Grill
October 13: Le Cellier
October 14: Lunch With An Astronaut (KSC)
October 15: Rose and Crown Pub
October 16: Kona Cafe (breakfast!!!)
October 17: Miami
October 18: Cape May Cafe
October 19: Lunch With An Imagineer (Holly Brown Derby)
October 20: Sanaa
October 21: Les Chefs de France
October 22: Chef Mickey's
October 23: Parasido37

Pally
07-20-2009, 07:43 PM
We have very similar choices and are looking forward to getting to Disney.

We also did the lunch with an astronaut at KSC.(Sam Gremnar) He was fantastic, very entertaining. It was very memorable. He was a very good speaker. He also visited each table. Very personable man. I am sure you will enjoy this. If you have not been to KSC it is huge and spread out. Because you are doing the lunch I would recommend you get there early in order to do some things prior and after.

Final word- Space Dots - Yummy and refreshing.:mickey:

Leighler
07-20-2009, 07:46 PM
All look fantastic to me. I LOVE Cali Grill and I'm eating at 4 of the same places in September. I'm so excited and hope you have a great trip as well. :mickey:

DizneyFreak2002
07-20-2009, 08:06 PM
We have very similar choices and are looking forward to getting to Disney.

We also did the lunch with an astronaut at KSC.(Sam Gremnar) He was fantastic, very entertaining. It was very memorable. He was a very good speaker. He also visited each table. Very personable man. I am sure you will enjoy this. If you have not been to KSC it is huge and spread out. Because you are doing the lunch I would recommend you get there early in order to do some things prior and after.

Final word- Space Dots - Yummy and refreshing.:mickey:

yes, this is my first time going to KSC and having the lunch... What did the lunch entail? I mean, did he sit and talk and answer questions??? Did he sign things?? take pictures with the guests??

I am also trying to find out more information on the Imagineer lunch.. Like, will the Imagineer autograph something (I assume within reason), and do they take pictures, answer questions, tell stories, how long it lasts...

I am really psyched!!!

Pally
07-20-2009, 08:29 PM
We did this in Dec 2006. At that time the meal was a buffet which consisted of a main dish of chicken and some other items and various other vegies and a large dessert buffet. The buffet was okay.

You may be seated with another party. We are a family of four, myself, DH and two DS then 12and 13. We were seated with a family of three from LasVegas. We did not mind. Actually, it was neat to talk to somebody that lives in a place so different from our own.

Each person recieved an autographed picture of Sam Gremnar. At the end you can get an individual group picture with him. He did do a Q&A. He talked about the space program in general,to some personal info to what it takes to become an astronaut. He told us some very funny take-off stories to other tidbits. The lunch was about two hours but it went so fast. I could have listened to him for several more hours. One of our best experiences.:mickey:

DizneyFreak2002
07-20-2009, 10:30 PM
Pally, thanks for sharing that information... If anyone here has done the lunch with an Imagineer, how was it?? can anyone tell me about it??

AmBo
07-21-2009, 09:00 AM
Congrats on snagging Le Cellier (aka the most difficult ADR to get) :thumbsup::number1: