PDA

View Full Version : Double-deck buses @ World Showcase

Neo Fender
07-20-2009, 02:58 PM
Aren't these history? I don't recall ever seeing them during our last trip (2006). Maybe not even during our 2002 trip.

faline
07-20-2009, 03:00 PM
They haven't used those for passenger transportation in a number of years now.

They've used a couple here and there to transport characters but I'm not even sure they use any for this purpose any more.

KAJUNKING
07-20-2009, 03:14 PM
ive seen pictures of them but ive never had chance to get on one, they look cool but i dont think theyve used these in some time

DVC2004
07-20-2009, 04:07 PM
I remember years ago when I was there as a teen with my mom and older teen sister during spring break. We were so tired and our feet hurt, and we waited and waited on one of these buses when we were at the far side of the world showcase back there around America. We must have waited for an hour and 3 or4 buses came but nobody would get off! We just had to walk back exhausted. LOL.I remember us both complaining the whole time.

I haven't seen these in a while other than being used for the character caravan.

barbiegirl314
07-20-2009, 04:50 PM
They were using them for a while for a character caravan but that has been discontinued.

mainemajor
07-21-2009, 09:26 PM
Rode them years ago at MK down Main Street. It was a lot of fun. Have not seen them anywhere in the parks the past two+ years and then they were used for charater caravans.
I wish they would use then again, they were fun to ride and see charaters in them.

madi47
07-22-2009, 07:42 AM
I just remember the characters going around ws on them...I never got to ride them! of course they discontinued them now

passholderryan
07-22-2009, 11:32 AM
As a kid, my brothers and sister would sit on the top level and take a lap around world showcase. Our parents would watch the movie in China while we did this. You could always count on the lap around = the time of the movie.

Imagineer1981
07-22-2009, 12:05 PM
They haven't been used in years now unfortunately, they were very cool, but maybe they felt they were just too big and dangerous

joelkfla
07-23-2009, 02:14 AM
One of the many nice litle "pluses" that were cut years ago.

SandmanGStefani24
07-23-2009, 03:31 PM
me and the mrs saw them in '05.

It was driving right by Mexico and since it was so crowded being July, it brought the whole road to a stop. There was music, and the characters were waving to everyone like a mini parade. Funny thing was though, everyone seemed to just stare at it and then quickly got moving again once it got by. It was kinda weird, really. lol...

afowl1017
07-23-2009, 04:21 PM
I believe the last time I saw them was in the winter of 02 at the World Showcase. It was a very special moment it was the only time we ran into Mickey Mouse! It was a magical moment for me, my husband and our 18 mo. son! I will never forget it...it wasn't very crowded at that time so it almost became a personal party with all the characters who were dancing, waving, taking photos, and giving hugs. Awesome! I love the song they would play with them....something about "holiday". Does anyone know the actual name of the song used with the Bus and characters at the WS?

ThanxForNoticin
07-23-2009, 07:55 PM
It was kind of fun when they were used for guest transportation, but I think it was just too impractical to drive them where so many people were walking. And as mentioned, you could wait at one of the bus stops for quite awhile if the bus was full and no one was getting off.

xoHelloKittyox
07-23-2009, 08:18 PM
I was in elementary school when I saw it (so a good 14 years ago) That was the last time I saw it too. It was used for the characters. Totaly awesome. They should bring it back :number1:

jiifigment
07-24-2009, 10:20 AM
Does anyone know the actual name of the song used with the Bus and characters at the WS?

I think it's "A World Full of Holiday Cheer." It's like the 12 days of Christmas, EPCOT style! I haven't watched our video of that in a while. May have to go pull that out! :cloud9:

EPCOT84
07-24-2009, 10:12 PM
I miss them too. They added that "Main Street" feel to World Showcase. It was fun and when you're tired it helped if you weren't in a rush. Anyway, yes, navigating a bus through the crowds would be tricky and risky these days.