PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of secrets... (helpful hints)

rain
07-20-2009, 11:40 AM
We are about two weeks away from our trip and know that some restaurants have some unwritten (or unadvertised) opportunities if you just ask for them. For example, I know there are certain key words at WCC like asking for ketchup and I have also heard something about getting milkshakes in place of your drink at WCC (at no extra cost). One of the best they no longer do but I wish they still did the personalized menus at Coral Reef. Here are my ADRs for our trip. Do you know of any secrets that will make this a special trip for DS (5) and DD (9) and even DW as well? I am seen as the guru in my family and do not want to disappoint.

ADRs
Whispering Canyon Cafe
'Ohana
Crystal Place
Chef Mickey's
1900 Park Fare
Sci-fi Dine in Theatre
Coral Reef
Yak & Yeti

Thanks,
Rain

nicster
07-20-2009, 11:42 AM
I have never heard of this. I will be doing research & watching this thread.

Disney_Barbie
07-20-2009, 11:59 AM
One of the best they no longer do but I wish they still did the personalized menus at Coral Reef.

They did this for us last summer even though I had heard rumors at that time that they didn't do it. When I contacted Coral Reef they gave me no indication that doing this was no longer ok or out of the ordinary or anything.
Have you read/heard in the past few months that it is not available? I'd double check either way. (IE - I have heard they will only do a few a nt or that they need you to ask politely, perhaps those that got turned down due to the rudeness of the request or the popularity that nt spread the rumor that it's no longer done at all, just a thought)

FriendsofMickey
07-20-2009, 12:07 PM
I know about the ketchup and also if you ask for a large glass of water (or maybe even soda) at WC . We got my FIL last year with the large glass of water. :mickey:

rain
07-20-2009, 12:20 PM
I know about the ketchup and also if you ask for a large glass of water (or maybe even soda) at WC . We got my FIL last year with the large glass of water. :mickey:

What happens with the large glass of water?

nicster
07-20-2009, 12:26 PM
Yes, I am totally confused, please spell this out for us. You ask for a large glass of water, or ketchup and then...what? wink-wink :confused:

vicster
07-20-2009, 12:28 PM
We ended up with 17 bottles of ketchup on our table! It was pretty funny and our friend's young kids had a lot of fun with it.

Briansmom
07-20-2009, 01:31 PM

Well, we didnt ask for a large glass of anything, but the waiter and my DD22 were giving each other a hard time (he introducted himself as 'Dusty Trails' and then she called him 'Dirty Road' and it was on!!) So when he brought her a refill on her soda, it was in a teeny weenie little pitcher (like creamer size) and he brought me my soda in a GALLON size jug. It was quite funny!

LittleRoosMommy
07-20-2009, 01:41 PM
I would double check about the Coral Reef menus as well. I was able to get them for my family's last trip in Oct 08. My sister also did them for her trip as well. She was also able to get a diver to hold up a sign for her DH and DS. Send me a PM and I can give you more info.

sassafras
07-20-2009, 02:01 PM
When we were at WC, they did the ketchup thing to some people near us. Also, one of the waiters walked by with a HUGE (like a gallon bucket size) of ice tea for someone that had a straw that was like 18 inches long. My dh asked what that was, and the waiter's reply was "oh, he has a drinking problem!" ;) There's also something that happens if you mention other Orlando theme parks and if you ask where you could buy a pack of gum, but I don't know what!

afowl1017
07-20-2009, 02:07 PM
Yeah...at WC if you are a person who "drinks" a lot like my husband who will keep a poor waiter/tress running for drinks....they will bring to your table a huge HUGE glass. It is too funny! However I don't know of many other places that interact with you like WC besides Prime Time Cafe! FUN FUN FUN!