PDA

View Full Version : Got all of my reservations, ... here's my secret

wgbuck
07-20-2009, 09:20 AM
Maybe this is a common known fact to everyone else, ... but it just came to me yesterday. Today was my day to call in and book, ... and after preparing my list of reservations yesterday, I started thinking about the online system. I know they open the phone lines at 7AM EST, ... but when do they open the online system? I called yesterday and found out the online system opens up at 6AM EST (1 hour earlier). So I logged on this morning at 6AM and had all of my reservations booked by 6:30AM (before anyone who was calling could even get through)!

VWL Mom
07-20-2009, 09:26 AM
That's my plan for our November trip. I only hope I do as well.:thumbsup:

swampfox28
07-20-2009, 09:35 AM
I've never used the online thing, but I'll be doing it in August -thanks for the tip!

TheRustyScupper
07-20-2009, 10:38 AM
1) You did get lucky.
2) But, the 1-hr difference was not the secret.
3) The secret was that the 90+10 people did not want your choices.
4) If the 90+10 want your eateries, you will not get the ADR's.
5) Unless, you were staying 11-days and went beyond their reach.

wgbuck
07-20-2009, 01:48 PM
I'm staying at a Disney resort, and my check-in day is 90 days away from today. That said, I was able to make reservations for CRT & Chef Mickey's at most anytime I wanted (even 91 days into the trip).

FaithTrustPixieDust
07-20-2009, 02:28 PM
Saturday morning I got up early to make my ADRs. . . .but could not do it online because I did not have my resort reservation number!! Like a total dork, I had left it sitting on my desk at work over the weekend.

I had to wait until the phones opened up at 7 am to get a live person to help me. I was worried that we would not be able to get some of the high-demand places, but I was able to get all our top choices at the time and date we wanted!! (whew! crisis averted!)

SuzieN
07-20-2009, 02:31 PM
I called Disney Dining on Thursday and got everything I wanted too; including Le Cellier and 'Ohana. I think it's a pretty good time to make ADR's, whether online or on the phone, because we are out of the free dining dates!:thumbsup:

Disney Doll
07-20-2009, 02:34 PM
I called Disney Dining on Thursday and got everything I wanted too; including Le Cellier and 'Ohana. I think it's a pretty good time to make ADR's, whether online or on the phone, because we are out of the free dining dates!:thumbsup:

That's what I was thinking. :mickey:

goofysbabe
07-20-2009, 04:00 PM
Was on a mini vacation and I was up and on the phone @ 7:00 got every ADR I wanted then came home today and got on-line (about 10 min ago) and got one for Le Cellier. I think being out of the free dining period helped me out. I am crossing my fingers to get free dining while I'm there though!!!!

daisyhead
07-20-2009, 05:10 PM
Thank YOU for the great tip! I will be using that myself in a couple of months!

:mickey:

Hoping to get CRT for my daughter's birthday. Going to cross my fingers and plan to get up early that morning!

rflorek
07-21-2009, 08:52 AM
I think it's a pretty good time to make ADR's, whether online or on the phone, because we are out of the free dining dates!:thumbsup:

You may be out of the public free dining, but MANY people have received PINS for free dining through December, so it still may be a little busy.

DisneyFr33k
07-21-2009, 09:27 AM
So I logged on this morning at 6AM and had all of my reservations booked by 6:30AM (before anyone who was calling could even get through)!

Except I was told since I booked through a travel agent, I cannot use the on line system. :(
Please someone correct me if I am wrong as Sunday is my day to make my ADR's!

Tink1
07-21-2009, 10:04 AM
Except I was told since I booked through a travel agent, I cannot use the on line system. :(
Please someone correct me if I am wrong as Sunday is my day to make my ADR's!

The glitch is fixed and you CAN use online to book TA and DVC reservations

Nanc

jimsgal05
07-21-2009, 10:58 AM
I am staying in Sept had to do my booking in June before the online thing...and the day i called 2mins before 7am... the computer were down...but calling every 1/2 hour I was able to get all of mine...

breakfast with Cindy and winnie the pooh lunch and 1900 park fare dinner and garden grill dinner and Lilo and stich for breakfast...DD fav...would have gone somewhere else but.

so I feel lucky...my parent just did Coral reef the other day online for Sept 11...dinner...so who really know but I think doing the online at
6am does help..get you what ya want...
I guess I picked places no one wanted...

ransam
07-21-2009, 11:21 AM
so that would be 5am central time? is there a 5am?

DisneyFr33k
07-21-2009, 11:41 AM
The glitch is fixed and you CAN use online to book TA and DVC reservations

Nanc

:thanks:

Also, do you enter your reservation confirmation number when you log in?

I'm nervous about using the online system.

Can you review your ressies once it is over? Or do you then call to be sure it "took"?