PDA

View Full Version : Ride restriction ?

gaffz70
07-20-2009, 09:05 AM
My dh does not go on most of the "thrill" rides b/c of a bad back, so that leaves me riding w/ 2 kids ages 5 and 7. Will they require an adult to be with each of them or can the three of us go on together...this would mean that the 7yr old would have to sit by himself.

I realize this is crazy but I get completely anxious feeling responsible for both of them on these rides...who will I save first?? Uggh, parenthood has turned me into a nut!!

chefmickey3
07-20-2009, 09:56 AM
Disney required children to be 7 to ride alone. Actually, the age to enter the park alone is 7 which I think is a bit young! We are a family of 5 so there is always one riding alone on many rides - my son was just 7 last year so he was able to ride alone. I hope that helps answer your question. I also put the one riding alone in front of me on things like BTMR.

It'sWDW4me
07-20-2009, 10:28 AM
This suggestion may ease your anxiety or increase it - let me know which it is...

Most rides have a singe rider line or, if not, there will probably be another odd-numbered group somewhere close in line around you. Maybe you could ask the CM loading the ride to pull someone from the single rider line or to ask if there's someone who could ride with your 7 yr old?

I did this the other year - DS (then 11) and I went to Sea World. There was a party of 5 in front of us in line to ride Journey to Atlantis. There is just a single lap bar for the car and, since I'm a big gal, DS wanted the bar to be snug for him. He and the other group's 13 yr old rode in the front car. He loved it and both the other mom and I felt a little more at ease knowing they weren't by "themselves"

Again - maybe this would relieve some anxiety knowing there was someone riding with your child or maybe this would increase your anxiety because you don't know said other (although we are talking a 2-3 minute fast-motion ride).

cheeky monkey
07-20-2009, 09:25 PM
I wonder if you could use the "baby swap" option and ride 2X -one with each boy?

Bamf1000
07-20-2009, 09:32 PM
Last time i went to Disney i saw a mother with two little ones that looked to be about your kids ages and were in line for Splash Mountain, they all rode in the same seat. May work for you as well on some rides.:mickey:

DisneyAndRedSox
07-21-2009, 10:53 AM
One time my group was in the Single Rider line for RnR. There was a family in the regular line and one daughter needed someone to sit next to and looked very anxious about it. A male friend of mine was next in the single rider line (early 50's), but the CM's asked the girl if she was ok with sitting next to me (mid 30's female) and had me go next instead. She seemed much happier she was not sitting next to a man and the CM's were very aware of the situation.