PDA

View Full Version : Besides Cali Grill, best restaurant to see Wishes??

Dsnygirl
07-20-2009, 12:30 AM
We're considering the Cali Grill for dinner, but my DH and DD's aren't as "experimental" as I am with new foods, esp. at dinner time. ;) If we want to see Wishes during dinner, are there other resort dinners that have a view that would be worth it? I think I heard you can see from 'Ohana, but not sure about some of the other spots... thanks!

griffinmom
07-20-2009, 09:04 AM
I must say that one of my must do's for our trip in September is to see Wishes from the California Grill. Maybe you try Narcoossee's. My sister and I "accidentally" ended up here one night for dinner during Wishes. The menu is safe and the view is beautiful.

:mickey:

threeh
07-20-2009, 02:25 PM
You can also see wishes from Ohana's in the Poly. I have also seen people reuquest a table on the outside area of Tony's in MK to get a good view of spectromagic..wonder how the wishes view would be??
Happy planning:mickey:

elmjimmlm
07-20-2009, 02:35 PM
We saw them from Ohana...not a great view but a view...

Polynesian Dweller
07-20-2009, 02:57 PM
Narcoosee's has a better view from the restaurant than Ohana. You can also go out on the deck during the show it you want. Food selections are not adventurous so it will be fine.

Aggie97
07-20-2009, 06:53 PM
I'd go with Narcoossee's. The menu is less adventurous than CA Grill, but you'll still get delicious food, wonderful service, and a beautiful view of Wishes. :mickey:

Hammer
07-20-2009, 07:37 PM
We're considering the Cali Grill for dinner, but my DH and DD's aren't as "experimental" as I am with new foods, esp. at dinner time. ;) If we want to see Wishes during dinner, are there other resort dinners that have a view that would be worth it? I think I heard you can see from 'Ohana, but not sure about some of the other spots... thanks!

I personally would keep California Grill. Not sure of your children's ages, but the kids' menu has Mac and cheese, petite steak and grilled chicken, which is pretty basic and should be okay for your kids.

For your husband, I recommend the beef filet and tell them to hold the Teriyaki BBQ sauce (or put it on the side). Comes with cheese mashed potatoes and asparagus. If he does not like asparagus, they should substitute another vegetable if you ask. I do not like brussel sprouts and they were the side one time I ate there and did not get the pork. I did not have any problem with substitutions (asparagus that was offered as the veggie for another entree). I just transcribed a new California Grill menu for Intercot which should be on the site shortly and the beef filet was still there.

Kairi_7378
07-20-2009, 08:49 PM
I agree with Christine, but if you need another choice, Narcoose's would be a great one. :)

Dsnygirl
07-21-2009, 12:56 AM
I personally would keep California Grill. Not sure of your children's ages, but the kids' menu has Mac and cheese, petite steak and grilled chicken, which is pretty basic and should be okay for your kids.

For your husband, I recommend the beef filet and tell them to hold the Teriyaki BBQ sauce (or put it on the side). Comes with cheese mashed potatoes and asparagus. If he does not like asparagus, they should substitute another vegetable if you ask. I do not like brussel sprouts and they were the side one time I ate there and did not get the pork. I did not have any problem with substitutions (asparagus that was offered as the veggie for another entree). I just transcribed a new California Grill menu for Intercot which should be on the site shortly and the beef filet was still there.
Thanks for the ideas! I had actually printed out the menu last night and figured that we (the girls and I.... I love the funky stuff on it... ;)) could get by pretty easily, it's my DH that's the "foodie" while we're at Disney. :D And you seem to have him pretty well pegged -- thanks for the suggestions, I bet I could get him to go for steak and mashed potatoes just about anywhere!! :thumbsup:

LibertyTreeGal
07-21-2009, 02:38 PM
Get a table at Casey's at the end of Main Street and enjoy the hot dogs :)

princessesmom
07-21-2009, 03:54 PM
Narcoosee's in the GF also has a view and pipes in the music. There is a deck right on the water that most people went out to when Wishes started. The food is not as adventurous as CG, but it is very good. And the restaurant is beautiful. I personally liked it better than CG. I found it less of a formal feel, though we didn't bring our children to either restaurant.

TheMartellFamily
07-21-2009, 04:41 PM
O'hana's, great time and can see everything. The music is pumped into the dining area.