PDA

View Full Version : California Grill during Fireworks...

daisyhead
07-19-2009, 09:50 PM
I am hoping to book California Grill during Fireworks for my DD birthday. My question is, what is the restaraunt like...

Are only a few tables able to really see the fireworks?

What time ressie should I make to ensure we get to see the Fireworks?

If you've eaten there, I'd love to hear what you thought about it! THANKS!

DreamFinder2
07-19-2009, 11:43 PM
The restaurant is great. My DW and I eat there on the first night of each trip...definitely a tradition for us. It has a contemporary "feel", warm (but cool) lighting and the menu has yet to disappoint us. My wife's a dare-devil when it comes to food variety and will eat anything...I'm a little more conservative. We both always find something and LOVE it.

As for the fireworks, you have a few choices...

ask for a table by the window when you check-in...your wait may be longer, but you'll have a good view
sit at any table you're given and watch the fireworks from there...most have an OK view
when the fireworks begin, go out onto the observation deck to watch (your waiter will be OK with this)
Whichever you choose, they "pipe in" the music and dim the lights, so you'll have that experience as well. My DW and I always go outside to watch.

To catch the fireworks while you eat, I'd make your ADR for about an hour prior to the fireworks time. If you want to finish your meal prior the fireworks beginning, make your ADR for 2 hours before.