PDA

View Full Version : DDP: Out of Pocket Choices?

SorcererJim
07-19-2009, 04:07 PM
Ok, so we finally have all our ADRs set for our trip (9 days and counting!) and I am trying to figure out what's the best course of action and needs some help from my intercot friends.

Overall Stats: 2 Adults, 2 Children on the DDP

We have a dinner planned at the California Grill for me and the wife, which leaves two diner credits each for the kids left over, however we have the following ADRs scheduled, and I figure it would be better for us to pay OOP for two of the other ressies for us instead of paying OOP for California Grill (or am I mistaken):

Breakfast: Akershus, Chef Mickey
Lunch: Crystal Palace, SciFi DriveIn
Dinners: Grand Floridian Cafe, Whispering Canyon Cafe, Liberty Tree, Le Cellier

My first reaction is to pay OOP for the two breakfast buffets and use the 2 Credits at CG.

Thoughts?

gaffz70
07-19-2009, 04:54 PM
We're doing the same thing...using 2 TS for Hoop d Doo, and paying OOP for BF. The BF's are 22.99 for adults and 12.99 for kids 3-9. It seems more cost effective to use the DDP for the more expensive meals.

magicofdisney
07-19-2009, 04:57 PM
I believe 2 adult breakfast buffets will run you around $45, plus tax x2. If you'll spend more than that at CG, then OOP for breakfast is the way to go. :mickey:

We're using the DDP for dinner at CRT and paying OOP for 2 breakfast meals.

Pirate Granny
07-19-2009, 04:57 PM
IMO the SciFi DriveIn will be the cheapest meal. It surely won't cost you $22 for lunch. The Character Buffets are pricey...regardless if it's breakfast, lunch or dinner. Check out the menu for SciFi for prices.
:pirate:

TheDuckRocks
07-20-2009, 11:47 AM
I believe 2 adult breakfast buffets will run you around $45, plus tax x2.

The following is a list of Breakfast Buffet prices:

$18.99 - Donald's @ Tusker House AK, CP @ MK, Boma @ AKL, & Cape May @ BC
$22.99 - H&V @ DHS, Chef Mickey's @ CR, & Ohana @ Poly
$24.99 - 1900 Park Fare @ GF
$28.99 - Akershus @ Epcot
$47.23 - CRT @ MK (includes tax and tip)

nicster
07-20-2009, 11:53 AM
IMO the SciFi DriveIn will be the cheapest meal. It surely won't cost you $22 for lunch. The Character Buffets are pricey...regardless if it's breakfast, lunch or dinner. Check out the menu for SciFi for prices.
:pirate:
Spot on. DH & I have split some meals too. I know you can't do that at a buffet, but it might stretch your dollar at the SciFi.