PDA

View Full Version : Halloween at the parks...

EpcotFanatic
07-19-2009, 01:46 PM
Well not Halloween per se, but when does Disney start decorating the parks?

I'm heading down September 2-8. I've never seen holiday theming before at Disney, so it could be something fun. If it's even done during my trip.

Do they still touch up Haunted Mansion? I'm going with someone who's never been, so I hope nothing is "out of place" like pumpkins in every ride. Then again I could be way off.

Strmchsr
07-19-2009, 02:53 PM
There's very, very little Halloween decorations up during regular park hours. They transform everything late in the afternoon on MNSSHP days (those start mid-September), but it's not like Christmas where stuff is up all over the place. The HM overlay is done at DLR, not WDW. So, you won't notice much difference.

DizneyRox
07-19-2009, 06:28 PM
Correct, not much is done for Halloween... Youl'' notice a few things in MK they leave up between parties, but I don't recall any of the other parks really do anything.

There might be some stuff at the resorts, like carved pumpkin contests on display for voting, etc, but if you want to celebrate Halloween, get a ticket (or two) to the MNSSHP! MNSSHP is one of the best events Disney puts on, better than MVMCP IMHO.

EpcotFanatic
07-19-2009, 07:05 PM
So I take it all those pics on Google are from MNSSHP?

TheVBs
07-19-2009, 08:47 PM
We were there mid-Sept. a couple years ago and just caught some of the decorations in MK. There was the change to the floral arrangement in front of the entrance, with Mickey jack-o-lanterns added. And, there were Mickey scarecrow decorations and other pumpkin/fall themed decorations on the lamp posts on Main St.

steamboat willy
07-19-2009, 09:31 PM
Well not
I'm heading down September 2-8. I've never seen holiday theming before at Disney, so it could be something fun. If it's even done during my trip.

Your in Luck! There will be (2) MNSSHP during your stay. One on September 4 and the other on September 6. :mpumpkin:

When we went last in 2007 and our FIRST MNSSHP, the MK remained decorated during the week we were there. :bat:

Soon as we got off the Monorail at MK, we were greeted with elaborate and festive MNSSHP decorations in one of the planters. Great Photo Opt. :pumpkin:

We never really so any change in decorations, lamp post on Main Street and window treatments in the Emporium were all decorated for Halloween and remained that way,

both day and night. :ghost::blackcat::ghost:

You should be able to enjoy the Halloween Decorations and even attend a MNSSHP if you wish. :pumpkin:

BOO TO YOU!

Strmchsr
07-20-2009, 08:57 AM
So I take it all those pics on Google are from MNSSHP?

For the most part, yes. Like we've said, there are some minor things (as VBs noted, the pumpkins at the Main Entrance and the scarecrows just as you come in to Main St) but very little and only at MK.

DisneyWizard
07-20-2009, 10:43 AM
they definitely don't go all out for Halloween other than the party. Haunted Mansion stays the same...

Strmchsr
07-20-2009, 11:05 AM
they definitely don't go all out for Halloween other than the party. Haunted Mansion stays the same...

Correct. Now, during the MNSSHP there are some additions at the HM but not during the day and there's not a complete overlay like at DLR.

Imagineer1981
07-20-2009, 11:33 AM
I think the lack of decorations is what helps make MNSSHP even more magically, it truely does transform the park