PDA

View Full Version : First ever and most recent ride.

Giggy
07-19-2009, 01:25 PM
First off, this will give me 200 posts! :party:

What was the first ride you ever went on at Disney? If you can't remember what was the first one you remember? Also what is the ride you went on most recently?

My first ever ride was the Walt Disney Railroad. I was 8 at the time, first time I had been out of the UK and though I'd been on fair rides I'd never been to a proper park before. We went to Mickey's Toontown Fair and met Mickey, Donald, Goofy and the others. After visiting the houses and running around on Donald's boat we went to Goofy's Barnstormer, my first ever roller coaster. Then after a spin on the Teacups we went to Tomorrowland. Since then it has been tradition for us that when we go we catch the Walt Disney World Railroad for Mickey's Toontown Fair. I find it a great nostalgic start to the day. If Toontown does go like some people are saying it will I'm going to be lost as to where we start! :drama:

Most recent ride was Stich's Great Escape. It was our last day and we had to leave for the airport soon. It was early November 2004 so Stich wasn't officially open but they had been doing trial runs as it was opening soon. A castmember heard that we had to leave soon and let us go in to see it. I know a lot of people knock this one on here but I enjoyed it. Possibly helped that we were riding it as an added bonus. :mickey:

nicster
07-19-2009, 02:10 PM
My first was November 1971 on my honeymoon trip. DH had lived in the area of DL as a child & had been many times, so he was anxious to share the magic with his new wife:blush: We walked thru main street with my eyes wide & my face could have cracked from all the smiling I was doing (we both were). We went into Adventure Land and stopped at the first venue Tiki Room (that's a ride, right?). I had seen this featured on the Wonderful World of Color as a child, with Walt explaining about the animatronics, so I had special appreciation for it. I am sure we went to POTC next, and it is a favorite ride of mine, but the wonder I felt in the Tiki room is something that I will never forget.

Most recent? Toy Story Mania - I used to score well above DH, now he has it down. So, I make him do it over & over until our arms are about to fall off.

AdventurerKim
07-19-2009, 02:20 PM
I don't remember the first ride I went on in WDW which was only MK, but I'd have to guess Dumbo or Small World.

Last ride was The Jungle Cruise last month.

Simba's Mom
07-19-2009, 02:27 PM
My first ride ever was also the WDW Railroad. I was a parent the first time I went to WDW, but I'd read a tip somewhere that riding the railroad was a good way to get started and get somewhat oriented around the park. The most recent ride, I think, was Soarin in May.

wdwfansince75
07-19-2009, 02:27 PM
On most trips, our first ride was PoTC, and our last is CoP....remembering the "left hand rule", and being married to a lefty, we turned left into Adventureland on our first trip (1975), and every trip since then....On that first trip, we bypassed the long line (pre-FP) for Jungle Cruise, and did PoTC first....Establishing a long time tradition...

Of course, I personally consider the Monorail a ride. If it counted, and since we stayed at the Concourse that first trip, I would have said "Monorail", both for the first, and for the last.

nicster
07-19-2009, 02:31 PM
I don't remember the first ride I went on in WDW which was only MK, but I'd have to guess Dumbo or Small World.

Last ride was The Jungle Cruise last month.
Hey AdventurerKim-
Picture this:
I am putting my right hand, and placing it above my bellybutton, fingers out, and gaving it a few little fishy waves.
Now my right hand is making a gesture of slamming back a drink.
Now I am throwing my right hand into the air and saying, "Kungaloosh!" :bow:

Pirate Granny
07-19-2009, 04:52 PM
Our honeymoon...the Materhorn at Disneyland. Although we went to DW the following year, I can't remember what our first ride was...hummm...too many years and trips ago. I remember taking our 2nd DD on POC for her first ride...big mistake...she was frightened for all dark rides the rest of the trip. I know we took my 1st DD on IASW first...and the last DD...I can't remeber what ride. OK...she's 27 now so it was a long time ago...SMILE
:pirate:

elmjimmlm
07-19-2009, 06:04 PM
I don't know the exact ride but I do remember 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea...My most recent ride was Test Track and TSM...I have never tried TT before and I did in Dec. and I can honestly say that I felt a little fear on the ride outside...I hope it won't make me not want to ride it again...I am hoping next month that my most recent will be EE...I already have the fear and haven't gotten there yet...:blush:

badkitty
07-19-2009, 07:20 PM
POTC and POTC. It is a family tradition.

tjstrike
07-20-2009, 01:13 AM
My 1st trip to DL as a kid I can remember riding the DL train, 20,000 leagues, POTC, etc... Not sure which was 1st. All of our trips now are to WDW and we always hit Buzz 1st and POTC is always the last ride we ride, then we say good-bye to MK until next time. :sob:

Marceline
07-20-2009, 01:30 AM
The first ride that I can remember is Spaceship Earth......not completely sure it was my very first but it very well could have been considering my obsession with it.

Most recently, the last Disney ride I stepped off of was the Storybook Land Canal boats in DL this May.

:mickey::thumbsup: Good times.

antngoof89
07-20-2009, 01:38 AM
I don't remember my first ride exactly but I think it may have been Peter Pan. I loved Peter Pan as a kid and it's still one of my Disney favorites.

The most recent ride I went on would be the Buzz Lightyear Ride in MK. For some reason I just love that ride.

WVParkfan
07-20-2009, 11:07 AM
I don't know if this qualifies as a "ride" or not, but the first thing we ever did was go on the Voyage of the Little Mermaid.

The most recent would have either been Kilaminjaro Safari, or (again if you count it), the closing ceremony at the Animal Kingdom.

LauraF
07-20-2009, 11:09 AM
1st ride - Pirates of the Carribean
Most recent - Tower of Terror (Sept 2007)

Imagineer1981
07-20-2009, 11:31 AM
My first ride...hmm...my parents think it was IASW, and my most recent is POTC

bruin1344
07-20-2009, 01:03 PM
First one - cant remember but earliest ride i can remember is mr. toads wild ride, i loved to pretend to drive as a kid since that ride had the fake old fashion cars

Last one - rockin rollercoaster

KAJUNKING
07-20-2009, 01:15 PM
dont remember first but i think it was potc, and most recent is thunder mountain

TikiLounger
07-20-2009, 05:01 PM
My first ride was Thunder Mountain

My last ride was Mission Space

joonyer
07-21-2009, 11:13 AM
The first ride for me was 20K leagues under the Sea, in late October, 1971 (I was 15). The MK was brand new and the 20K attraction had just opened. We went straight to Fantasyland to ride it first. (We had read about it opening the week before). That attraction still brings back the strongest memories for me of any attraction on that trip. I can still remember the smell. I hated to see it go; my kids never got to ride it.

The last ride on our last trip was Space Mountain, during our visit to MNSSHP last October. It was just before closing time and there was no wait, walked right on and rode it twice in a row, without having to leave the building.

ransam
07-21-2009, 11:17 AM
i'm sure it wasn't the first, but the first i remember is space mountain or 20,000 leagues under the sea at disneyland back in 1970. the first of MANY trips to disney.
and the most recent was last december and my last ride was small world!

bdbandit
07-21-2009, 12:22 PM
My first ride was on my first trip, Space Mountain. My last ride was on my second and last trip, Soarin

DisneyCrazyET
07-21-2009, 10:58 PM
First ride was either PP or I's a small world.
Last was POTC

Kathy Jetson
07-22-2009, 12:42 AM
I don't remember my first ride. It was Nov. 1989. It was probably something in fantasyland since that is where we head first. I loved all of them. My last ride was Dec. 2008 tricera top spin right befor animal kingdom closed for the day.

SandmanGStefani24
07-23-2009, 04:04 PM
ok, so mom tells me (as she often does when looking at photo albums) that my first ride was on the Train around MK. My memory is good, but not that good...the first one I can remember was Big Thunder Mountain. Nothing like seeing a group of heavy metal loving, bad-boy type teens turining into a bunch of smiling joyful kids to help you remember. (and I have the pics to prove it!)

The last ride I rode was Test Track. I always end my trip at Epcot since it's by far my favorite park, and I had already spent the whole day there. Since I had already done everything I wanted to do, it was like "glory time" for extreme sports, or "penalty time" in soccer. I still had some time to go do anything I wanted one more time, so I hopped on Test Track and took one more ride. That's one ride I don't get tired of!

Greenlawler
07-23-2009, 04:33 PM
The first ride I can remember is Mr Toad's Wild Ride, although I can remember the Monorail vividly and Mickey's Muscial Review.

The last ride was It's a Small World, our family tradition.

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-23-2009, 05:20 PM
The first trip for me we went to MGM (DHS) the first day and I believe the first thing we did was go to the Indiana Jones show.

LibertyTreeGal
07-23-2009, 05:25 PM
First ride I remember was POTC in DL back in the early 70's, the last ride was Indiana Jones in DL this past summer

IloveDisney71
07-23-2009, 09:12 PM
I honestly have no idea which ride I rode first, but the ride that sticks out in my mind the most is the HM. I remember being so scared of this ride. I would hide my face against my mom's legs in the stretch room. HA I love this ride now!