PDA

View Full Version : Canceled

MichaelMouse
07-18-2009, 10:38 PM
Unfortunately, I had to cancel my upcoming vacation with my wife and son. We were supposed to arrive on July 21, stay at the Port Orleans for 2 nights, then move on to the GF for 7 nights and then take the Disney Wonder on a spin for the usual 3 nights before heading back home. We were all packed, everything was paid for and we were soo excited. However, we had to put it off for now for personal reasons, my wife is 14 weeks pregnant and the docs dont want her to travel due to a complication. It's all for great reason. Hopefully, when we do return it will be with a second child. However, the Disney Cruise line is being great about it and so is JETBLUE. (both were not insured). They are not charging us cancellation fees., I agreed for them to hold the money until we are ready to book within 1 year. The resort stay was insured since I did that portion through a travel agent. If you have kids or are planning on having more, GET THE INSURANCE. THANK YOU DISNEY & JET BLUE, two great companies that understand.....DISNEY, we will see you soon.:mickey::mickey::mickey:

TennesseeTink
07-18-2009, 11:53 PM
How disappointing that you had to cancel that close to the big day but DEFINITELY better to be cautious. And like you said, next time you go, there will be a new member of the family tagging along!:babyroll:

Hope everything goes well with baby. Many prayers and lots of pixie dust coming your way!:pixie:

disneyboundagain
07-19-2009, 12:01 AM
Gotta have priorities. Disney will be there next year, and the year after that, and...

Good luck. I'm sure everything will turn out fine!

BluewaterBrad
07-19-2009, 02:43 PM
Sorry to hear about the cancellation. Hope you get to WDW soon!!:mickey:

nicster
07-19-2009, 03:05 PM
I want to commend you for making the right decision, your fist priority is the well-being of your family. I also want to commend you for posting your praise for Disney & Jet Blue. Often times ones are quick to post complaints & forget to praise. Well done!!

crazypoohbear
07-21-2009, 08:28 PM
IN a growing world of "ME ME ME" I think it is wonderful that you cancelled your trip to make sure that your baby arrives into the world safe and sound.
I see so many people these day's who put themselves or their wants/needs over that of their children :thedolls:

I hope everything works out for you all and that next year you have a happy, chubby healthy 1 year old celebrating his/her birthday on the wonder!
god bless

Sally_The_Ragdoll
07-21-2009, 08:49 PM
I'm so sorry about the cancel! But, I agree with TennesseeTink, at least the next time you go you can share the joy that is Disney with a brand new member. :) :joy:

Disney Doll
07-22-2009, 11:22 AM
Disappointing I'm sure, but for a good reason. It's great that Disney and Jet Blue worked with you on the cancellation. It's so nice to hear about good customer service.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-23-2009, 10:15 PM
I'm sorry you had to cancel but I'm glad to hear that things have worked out for you. Best wishes on your upcoming new arrival.