PDA

View Full Version : Country Bear Jamboree

Giselle
07-18-2009, 07:05 PM
I saw a few people using the avatar from CBJ and I was wondering if people ever go to this anymore? The couple of times I've been only a few people were in there and we were just wanting out of the heat. DD 5 yo was bored to tears. Its a classic, but isn't it time to update or replace this attraction?

beksy
07-18-2009, 07:20 PM
We always go at least once (usually more) each trip. We enjoy the show and it makes a nice break to rest the feet and cool off. It could use some freshening up, since the last time we were there some of the audio was kind of hard to hear, but it is a classic and must-do! :mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-18-2009, 07:21 PM
We go every couple of trips. It is super-cute, and we always enjoy it, but we sometimes run out of time.

It would be nice to give it a bit of a refresh, but I wouldn't want themt o change too much!

SFTrny
07-18-2009, 08:31 PM
We go every time, and every time it is near to full. Yes, it is campy and silly. But it is really fun!

"There was...blood on the saddle. There was....blood on the trail."

Where else can you get that at WDW?!?!?:thumbsup:

Grim Grinning Marathon Runner
07-18-2009, 10:21 PM
The 35mm type slides are so faded it isn't even funny. Do you know what I'm talking about - when the girl bears are singing? I think this slide show is the same one that was used when the attraction opened.

Imagineer1981
07-19-2009, 12:40 AM
Classic attraction that could use some updating, but definitely a keeper

Kathy Jetson
07-19-2009, 01:51 AM
We saw it for the first time last Nov. Ds5 loved it, dh thought it was boring. I'm glad we saw it I love the original things there. We will only do it next trip if ds wants to.

antngoof89
07-19-2009, 02:02 AM
Eh.. I've never been a fan of the Country Bears. It's full everytime I've seen it though. I usually get awfully bored during this show though and there is nothing that bores me at WDW other than this and Ellen's Energy.

It definitely needs updating!

ransam
07-19-2009, 05:18 AM
it's ok....my sister loves it. so we go every year.
i don't mind it...and it's nice to get out of the heat...

Snow's Mom
07-19-2009, 11:01 AM
We skipped it last time. I agree, it should go. We may stop in this time, just to get a break from the heat and see if it's better than I remember.

BluewaterBrad
07-19-2009, 11:47 AM
I like it. We usually see it every other trip.:mickey:

TheVBs
07-19-2009, 12:00 PM
I took my DD4 in May while DH and DD8 went on SM & BTMRR. It was packed while we were there. DD4 really enjoyed it, and I hadn't seen it in about 6 years so it was kind of fun for me too.

bruin1344
07-19-2009, 01:36 PM
I like it even if its considered dated and corny. Its a nice upbeat show. Its really relaxing during those hot days.

nicster
07-19-2009, 01:41 PM
A must do:number1:

tjstrike
07-20-2009, 01:29 AM
We've done it once in the last 5 or 6 trips, too out dated for us. It could be done up really nice with some new animatronics and 3d imaging.

mermaidmarian
07-20-2009, 06:40 AM
We never visited this attraction until a visit about 3x back. We all loved it! It is so over the top campy that I find it extremely entertaining and frankly, it is unlike anything else remaining at WDW. :thumbsup:

Jeniflower
07-20-2009, 07:19 AM
we only discovered it a few years ago, but now we always make a point of going. it's corny but i love it

FriendsofMickey
07-20-2009, 08:45 AM
We always stop once a trip. It is just simple fun. I think the faded and outdated is part of the attraction. I personally wouldn't want it changed.

(Except, I want the Christmas version at Christmas.)

JPL
07-20-2009, 09:57 AM
I go at least once every trip some trips more than once. This show is one of my earliest WDW memories from my very first trip. I love the show and it's a great walk down memory lane. I do agree I would love to see the Christmas show back I really miss that :(

They have fixed the audio problems and some of the lighting issues so the show looked freat in June :thumbsup:

indytraveler
07-20-2009, 10:23 AM
I couldn't pass up this topic. I see CBJ everytime. This has to do with my earliest memories of visiting WDW in the early years of the park. (Back when there were lines to this and Hall of Presidents) I do think they need a refurb with this attraction. The bears look a little worn and everything else that goes with it. Musically, re- record with fresh voices from today's stars but the songs can remain the same.

DisneyWizard
07-20-2009, 10:35 AM
would be awesome if they could update it, but otherwise I still visit every trip.

pluto 77
07-20-2009, 11:39 AM
We have to stop in at least once a trip. It is one of my favorite memories of Disney as a child, besides Kitchen Kabaret. I agree that it needs some updating, but I wouldn't want them to change the show.

Mammabruski
07-20-2009, 11:47 AM
The blood on the saddle thing is really creepy if you ask me. We saw it in 2008, and I have no plans on going back for a long, long time.

KAJUNKING
07-20-2009, 12:50 PM
its kind of worn and dated but i think that helps with the nostalgia, as pp have said, i remember this attraction from when i was young so i try to make it at least every other trip

Goes4FastPass
07-20-2009, 02:20 PM
There was...
Blood on the saddle and...
Blood on the ground.
And a big, big, puddle of...
Blood on the ground.

Now THERE'S a lyric they wouldn't put in a new attraction in 2009!

Today they'd have Big Al singing

There was juice on the saddle,
And juice on the ground.
But we know it was an accident,
So please don't make a frown.

So they shouldn't change the current version, they should just get out their gigantic wallet and bring back the Christmas version.

Imagineer1981
07-20-2009, 02:47 PM
I go at least once every trip some trips more than once. This show is one of my earliest WDW memories from my very first trip. I love the show and it's a great walk down memory lane. I do agree I would love to see the Christmas show back I really miss that :(

They have fixed the audio problems and some of the lighting issues so the show looked freat in June :thumbsup:

Agreed, one thing I can 100% remember from my childhood, and that was the vacation version, not the current one. I think it needs to update again for sure but NEVER remove

EeyoresBestFriend
07-20-2009, 03:33 PM
We go every time and enjoy the nostalgia. :cloud9:

I would mind seeing it slightly updated and I say this VERY hesitantly, because I DO NOT like the upgrade to the Tiki Room(another one that had nostalgia).

I'm of the thought that we can't appreciate the advances in the parks if you don't know where we have come from.

WDW is for everyone ~ from small children to seniors ~ this is one of the few attractions left that anyone can go to. :mickey:

DVC2004
07-20-2009, 04:02 PM
Me and the kids went for the first time in December. We always seem to either pass it without noticing or DH says he is not interested so we keep on going. Anyway, I thought it was a little piece from the past, my oldest son liked it, but my youngest declared it boring.

hubbyofadisneyholic
07-20-2009, 08:55 PM
I put Country Bears in the same category as COP and The Jungle Criuse. They are among the very few links back to the days Walt was still alive.

As others have said, WDW is meant to appeal to ALL AGES. Everything doesn't have to be state-of-the-art, high tech, thrill a second.

There is something warm and human about attractions like this.
Just like traditional animation...computer generated may be splashy, but lacks the human touch.

OK, I admit it...I'm old school. ;)

kemps@wdw
07-20-2009, 09:24 PM
DD is not too thrilled w/it, but DH and I still like to do it, even though it is a little dated! :D

badkitty
07-20-2009, 11:54 PM
I love the Country Bears and I am thrilled to have seen all three versions! What a classic and I don't think the voices should be changed. How could you replace Tex Ritter?!?

BTW... this is my 600th post! :party2::ccat:

Darin M
07-21-2009, 12:16 AM
Leave CBJ alone! I think it's perfect where it is and we should try to preserve our older attractions. I love it and If I don't get the chance to take my future children there, I would be disappointed.

RAIDER
07-21-2009, 03:25 AM
Its gotta go ..Its so outdated :ack:

Mousemates
07-21-2009, 07:36 AM
It could definitely use a bit of freshening up.

BigBaloo
07-21-2009, 09:19 AM
I'm too nostalgic when it comes to attractions like this & the old classic Disney voices like Thurl Ravenscroft (Moose). It would be like taking Paul Frees out of the HM....... Who are the other voices from CBJ?

Disney Doll
07-21-2009, 10:19 AM
It's not a must see, but we like to go every now and then. It is a bit of nostalgia for me because I remember that show from when I visited WDW as a kid. It probably could use a little refreshing, but I wouldn't want to see any drastic changes. The last time we went in Jan '09 there were maybe 10 other people besides my family in the show. Kind of sad.

chefmickey3
07-21-2009, 10:50 AM
Please don't touch it! It is one of our favorites and we do it at least three times in a week trip! My boys (7,5,3) love it too! We even have a Big Al stuffed animal!

Greenlawler
07-21-2009, 11:19 AM
Count me as one of those who replies to every one of these posts! Every few months someone comes along and starts a thread about getting rid of or changing older attractions, CBJ included.

The CBJ is one of the few surviving memories of my childhood visits they have not torn down. Gone are the subs, Mr. Toad, and Mickey's Musical Revue, I even miss the gift shop that sold CBJ albums, and sticker books which has been long gone, replaced by the expansion of Pecos Bills. They even used to have the three stuffed heads on the wall of the gift shop (remember that?).

CBJ was one of Disney's premiere attractions back in the day a little refurb might help but only to replace maybe some tech issues.

rjmdds
07-21-2009, 01:04 PM
I had a Big Al stuffed bear from my first trip to WDW back in 1974 that I loved. So I ake it a point to go every time. It is a classic that I would lament losing.

CaptSmee
07-21-2009, 03:45 PM
I like it when the crowds rowdy...otherwise it's kinda ho hum

LauraByTheSea
07-21-2009, 05:54 PM
Yeah, it can't ever go. Maybe it needs a little freshening, but like someone else said, not every attraction needs to be high-tech, so leave it just the way it is...

Laughin' place
07-22-2009, 01:25 PM
This is a must stay, must do. You can get 3D, thrills, etc anywhere. This is Disneyana and Americana at its finest, and you wouldnt find it anywhere else. I wish they would do some paint, fur cleaning, and brighten up some of the visuals, but the only change Id like to see is the Christmas show restored and DL's Summer version brought to the MK. I love the Bears -- and go rent the movie if you havent seen it -- its very funny