PDA

View Full Version : Need advice about dining on short notice

shadowcat60
07-18-2009, 01:09 PM
Hello Everyone,

To explain myself, my mother booked a trip to Disney for herself and for 3 adult daughters. However, my mother is an idiot in that she booked at the last second: I know this means that it is going to be tricky booking for dinner (it is now July 18th and we are due in Disney World on August 25th.)

The restaurants that we all want to visit are: Les Chefs de France, The Garden Grill (the one inside the Land) Jiko, and the Liberty Tree Tavern. I know these places are popular with or without reservations, so I try to push Mom into hopping to it: she just gets nasty and tells me to mind my beeswax. Sooo, what do I do now? Is there any way I can get my family into any of these four places at this point or is it a lost cause? How do I deal with a mother who thinks this is all going to happen by a Disney appointed fairy godmother coming to the house and singing bippidiboppidiboo?

Help me out, folks!!! I am all ears!!

gerald72
07-18-2009, 01:44 PM
Guess you could book your own trip?

JPL
07-18-2009, 02:08 PM
Since that is during the Free Dining Promotion the only suggestion I can make is be as flexible as possible when choosing your times and days you want to dine at these places. I would also get it done ASAP! The longer you wait the less chance you have getting into any of them. I would also have a plan B with other places you want eat just in case you can't get into any of them.

FriendsofMickey
07-18-2009, 02:11 PM
Is there anything that stops you from booking the dining now? It is within the 90 day window for all of your dates, so could you not just call in and book the dining in your name for the correct number of people?

It is 90 days for those staying off site, correct? I really am not sure. Not sure if you are staying on site or off; however, I would assume that if a resident of Florida, just wanted to stop in and eat, that they could have the 90 day window also???

Good luck!

FWIW: I only wish my mom would book a trip for her family, last minute or not!

nicster
07-18-2009, 02:14 PM
It sounds like this is her 'show'. If food was all that it was about, we have food at home. My advice... chill:freeze:

... unless you are an adult daughter with her own credit card that can make her own reservations, of course. Actually, if each daughter made a reservation and treated their mother on alternate days for meals, it would be a wonderful way of showing appreciation for her taking you all to WDW.:thumbsup:

DisneyFr33k
07-18-2009, 02:16 PM
First of all :welcome:

Secondly, about your mom. Maybe you could take the approach of: "I really appreciate you booking this for us. How about I help out too and handle the dining ressies?". Then divert her attention to a cool project she would enjoy and focus on. I don't know your mom, but it was the first thing to came to mind.

It will be extremely hard to get in to these places if you all wait.

Figment78
07-18-2009, 11:23 PM
Maybe you could pull up the disneyworld website and show her how dining ressies can now be made online.

In the meantime, you are not completely out of luck I just booked dining for an august 13th trip on july 16. Since it doesn't sound like you have too much planned yet, you can be a little fleixble on the times.

Good luck!

gerald72
07-19-2009, 12:57 PM
It sounds like this is her 'show'. If food was all that it was about, we have food at home. My advice... chill:freeze:

... unless you are an adult daughter with her own credit card that can make her own reservations, of course. Actually, if each daughter made a reservation and treated their mother on alternate days for meals, it would be a wonderful way of showing appreciation for her taking you all to WDW.:thumbsup:

Great idea. She is treating you to Disney. Treat her to dinner every day.