PDA

View Full Version : Diamond Horseshoe

elmjimmlm
07-18-2009, 12:45 PM
I read that this was going to be open Aug. 16-Oct.3 and it is a CS...I looked on the Disney website and on there you can book a reservation...So is it a CS or a TS?
It said that lunch sandwiches are available but dinner is more or less what LTT has...
If anyone has any information about this I would appreciate it...

r4kids
07-18-2009, 03:57 PM
In March it was a CS with decent sandwiches. It was cute to eat in. I am not sure why they have ressies available.:confused:

redleg96
07-18-2009, 05:09 PM
The food is definitely CS quality (premade sandwiches)...but they charge TS credits on DDP - thought this was odd but verified it so with guest services at MK, resort concierge, and the ADR phone line as well. I didn't think it was worth it, but that's just me.

BluewaterBrad
07-19-2009, 05:13 PM
Anyone remember the old "Diamond Horseshoe Revue"? It was basically a free hoop de doo revue at MK. You usually needed ressies. They served soft drinks and chips.:mickey:

shortcake311
07-20-2009, 12:25 PM
Anyone remember the old "Diamond Horseshoe Revue"? It was basically a free hoop de doo revue at MK. You usually needed ressies. They served soft drinks and chips.:mickey:

This is actually the only way I remember it. I was only there once with my parents when I was a kid and was upset when I went back with my husband in October to find it gone.

PittFan
07-26-2009, 04:01 PM
I just booked an ADR for the Diamond Horseshoe for my upcoming trip. It is a TS buffet with carved beef, smoked pork and other old west favorites from what I was told. I'm guessing this dinner option has been recently added because the only place I could find any info was the WDW site itself. :number1: :mickey:

biodtl
07-15-2010, 11:13 AM
Anyone remember the old "Diamond Horseshoe Revue"? It was basically a free hoop de doo revue at MK. You usually needed ressies. They served soft drinks and chips
We used to go there when i was a kid. I remember once we had the seats on the side of the stage and one of the CMs in the show (a cute cowboy - I was just old enough to notice the "cute") kept squirting me with a water gun.

tomatoe pie
07-15-2010, 12:12 PM
where is this located??? :confused:i don't remember ever seeing it or hearing about it before. :eat: i hope it is good. is it inside the park or not?

Figment!
07-15-2010, 01:17 PM
It said that lunch sandwiches are available but dinner is more or less what LTT has...
If anyone has any information about this I would appreciate it...

Previously, during periods of high dining demand, The Diamond Horseshoe Saloon has served a Counter Service Lunch and a Family Style Dinner. It appears that this is the type of operation planned for the August 16- October 3 period.

where is this located??? :confused:i don't remember ever seeing it or hearing about it before. :eat: i hope it is good. is it inside the park or not? The Diamond Horseshoe Saloon is located in the Frontierland section of the Magic Kingdom. It is in the same strip of buildings where the Country Bear Jamboree is located.

It only is open during Peak Holiday Periods or other times when Dining Demand is high.

beksy
07-15-2010, 09:47 PM

I loved this! I used to drag my parents and sister to it at least twice a trip. I too was upset when it ended.

CaptSmee
07-16-2010, 12:14 AM
I loved this! I used to drag my parents and sister to it at least twice a trip. I too was upset when it ended.

Yup...I don't get it. The Disneyland version still operates to packed houses. You'd think they'd learn

garthbarth1
07-17-2010, 09:01 PM
Can anyone tell me the type of menu items they offer? We might like to do this the night of the halloween party :mickey: