PDA

View Full Version : My 1000th post.

PetefromRI
07-17-2009, 07:59 PM
I used to love Main Street U.S.A. years ago when they had the arcade and the Magic Shop.Do you guys think that we could get a grassroots effort to bring Main Street back to it's glorious old self?I like it but it's become one huge Mall with the same thing year after year.I'd love to see Disney become creative again.I also miss the cinema that showed old Disney cartoons.Lets see if we can get enough people to let the powers that be know that we want our old Disney Main Street back.

Daisy'sMom
07-17-2009, 08:32 PM
Wow, 1,000 posts!
I love the old Main Street. Remember the magic shop? If only the powers that be cared.
I noticed you are in Westerly. I worked for years in Mystic and lived in East Lyme. This time of year is really crowded where you are. We used to go to Westerly during our lunch hour. It brings back memories.

Belle_0717
07-17-2009, 08:38 PM
The family really misses the old Main Street. Remember when they used squares of ice cream in the nestle cookie sandwich. Loved the Penny Arcade - you could never get us out of there.

mainemajor
07-17-2009, 08:57 PM
Congratulations on #1,000. posts:congrats: I'm with you. I used to love Main Street for more than the view. It was an experiene strolling down Main St. entering the different shops and attractions. I always slid into the theater to catch a bit of Steam Boat Willie and the other old classics showing in the airconditioning.
Now, like you said it's just one bit mall - not even different stores. I still love Main Street, but now it's only because of the view outside, not because what lies inside all the different doors.
I say bring back the Magic and Movies

Briansmom
07-17-2009, 10:06 PM
Does anyone remember when they changed it? I remember it from my childhood the old way but can't remember if my daughter ever saw it on any of our visits when she was young. She says she doesn't recall it. Just trying to figure out if it even existed that way after she was born.

Bring it back! It was such a cool place!

PixieMagic
07-18-2009, 12:25 AM
I am 24 and still remember all that - I used to love the magic shoppe and catching bits of classic movies....when exactly did that change??

gueli
07-18-2009, 02:00 AM
:congrats:
As far as them changing it rumour has it that they will- but moving foward.
I miss the old theatre...
:mickey:
:beer:

KAJUNKING
07-18-2009, 10:54 AM
i loved the penny arcade, unfortunately Disney isn't interested in pennies anymore now its all about the dollar, and grass roots efforts don't make dollars and in the business world if it don't make dollars it don't make sense

nicster
07-18-2009, 11:35 AM
i loved the penny arcade, unfortunately Disney isn't interested in pennies anymore now its all about the dollar, and grass roots efforts don't make dollars and in the business world if it don't make dollars it don't make sense
:exactly:

indytraveler
07-18-2009, 04:33 PM
The sound of cash registers opening and closing is the only noise you will hear from Main St. USA. They don't want to give that up. I can't quite remember all the happenings up and down Main St. but the penny arcade was one where we always rushed by. Congrats on 1000 posts. By the way nice avatar.

PetefromRI
07-19-2009, 10:40 AM
The sound of cash registers opening and closing is the only noise you will hear from Main St. USA. They don't want to give that up. I can't quite remember all the happenings up and down Main St. but the penny arcade was one where we always rushed by. Congrats on 1000 posts. By the way nice avatar.
Right back at you.Nive Avatar!

mrsgaribaldi
07-19-2009, 11:00 AM
Congratulations on 1000 posts :thumbsup:
Don't they still show the cartoons? I remember in May we went into an area with cutouts for pics and there was a little theater area with seats and cartoons. Hardly anyone was there though:mickey:

BluewaterBrad
07-19-2009, 11:50 AM
Yes, I miss the old Main Street!:mickey: