PDA

View Full Version : MK Opening Ceremony

PixieMagic
07-17-2009, 06:38 PM
In all my trips to Disney I have never experienced this! I just saw a video on another site that was posted a couple days ago and it looks really neat! Do they do the whole song and dance routine with the characters on the train every morning?

What about extra magic hours mornings?

Is it typically extremely crowded?

Do people push and shove to get in like Target on black friday? (That would pretty much cause me to avoid it all together)

Thanks in advance for any opinions and advice!:mickey:

chefmickey3
07-17-2009, 08:14 PM
Every time we have been there before rope drop they have done it. EMH has an abrievated version. This is a must do at least once or twice on vacation. Brings tears to my eyes everytime! The crowds are not bad. I like to stand in the middle right where the action is and let everyone else fight for position along the sides where the crowds enter the park. Definitely worth seeing...

DisneyWFan
07-18-2009, 08:02 AM
when I did the opening ceremony last trip it wasn't to crowded personally I think most people sleep in because they are on vacation and come later in the morning as far as I understand it they do the full version everyday except on EMH mornings

EmmMOM2
07-18-2009, 09:11 AM
We saw it last September after the halloween decorations had been put up and it wasn't crowded at all, we got a lot of good pictures and my kids enjoyed the show while waiting for the gates to open up!!
We did NOT go on an EMH morning though so i cannot comment on that.

KAJUNKING
07-18-2009, 10:47 AM
weve been once and we really enjoyed it, its a great primer for the rest of your day, gets you excited, we plan to go early a couple of mornings this trip if we can get our butts out of the bed

vws_and_disney
07-18-2009, 05:46 PM
the ceremony is awesome absolutley a must see. my favorite is the AK one though. leave it up to disney to not dissapoint even when waiting for the rope drop.:thumbsup:

PixieMagic
07-19-2009, 01:39 PM
wait! Do they do this at all the parks??? If so what are they like?

Also from my understanding the MK one is ten minutes before park open???

IDreamofEeyore
07-19-2009, 06:15 PM
We have seen opening shows at MK & AK. Both are a lot of fun. The MK one is neat because it's elevated up on the train tracks so everyone can see it. They pick a family to help them open the park.

Not sure about EPCOT or DS...it seems like I've seen opening shows at these parks at some point over the years...but I can't say for sure.