PDA

View Full Version : I'm employed again!

LauraF
07-17-2009, 10:31 AM
I'm so excited, I just had to share! :cloud9:

I've been laid off since November of last year, and today I just got offered a full-time job! I've been temping at various positions to keep home and heart together, but it's been stressful not knowing if I'd be working again at the end of each week. (I actually stopped liking Fridays because of that.) One of the places I've been temping liked me so much they asked me to stay, permanently. Woo hoo!

WDW here we come!!
Do we have things to celebrate . . . oh yes. Much revelry will ensue. :D

laprana
07-17-2009, 10:39 AM
:congrats: That's excellent news! Best wishes to you on your new job, and have fun planning your celebratory WDW trip! :mickey:

FriendsofMickey
07-17-2009, 10:46 AM
Congratulations on the new job! Enjoy your celebration visit to Disney! :mickey:

DizNee143
07-17-2009, 10:54 AM
that is such wonderful news!!!! congrats!!!!!:mickey:

TysMomTink
07-17-2009, 10:57 AM
Congratulations! All the best of luck to you!

Ed
07-17-2009, 10:58 AM
:congrats: Laura!

Your experience presents a very valuable tip for job-seekers, specifically "temping". A lot of people I've talked to tend to turn their nose up at working temporary jobs, as if it is beneath their dignity or something. But, as you've just proved, doing a good job at a temp assignment can lead to good things. I know that first-hand. I worked a temp job for a year, totally enjoyed the work and the people, and I too was offered (and accepted) a permanent position, which I stayed in for over five years.

I hope your permanent position proves to be fulfilling, and that you enjoy many good years there!

:thumbsup:

MarkC
07-17-2009, 11:00 AM
Congrats Laura! I went through that about 2 years ago and it's both frustrating and concerning. I'm sure your persistence and work ethic served you well, and I hope this job gives you lots of opportunities in the future. Good luck. Mark

tazlikesrobots
07-17-2009, 11:26 AM
Congrats! Welcome back to the world of the fully employed! :party:

Plan that Disney vacation :mickey: You deserve it :)

VWL Mom
07-17-2009, 11:32 AM
Great news :thumbsup:

eam
07-17-2009, 12:12 PM
Congratulations, Laura!! I, and many others, are so happy for you. What a relief, plus knowing that you can plan that next wonderful vacation. Do you find that you don't take as many things for granted, and appreciate all things a little more? Enjoy the day!

snuggs30
07-17-2009, 12:55 PM
:congrats:wooohoooo!:party::party2::joy::woohoo: Great going! Enjoy

Dragongirlx
07-17-2009, 01:08 PM
:congrats: good luck in your new job

It'sWDW4me
07-17-2009, 01:25 PM
Congratulations!!! I've been there and done that. My experience was in another horrible time for the unemployed - late 2002/early 2003. Temp position led to permanent position that I stayed in until 2006 when I found an even better job within the same field.

So heave that sigh of relief - you've made it through! :party:

Disney Doll
07-17-2009, 01:25 PM
That's awesome! Congratulations. :yay:

RedSoxFan
07-17-2009, 07:39 PM
Congrats Laura.:thumbsup:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-17-2009, 08:20 PM
Congrats Laura. Hopefully they'll treat you well and pay you better! Enjoy planning the next WDW trip.

LibertyTreeGal
07-17-2009, 08:36 PM
Wonderful news!! :mickey:

Magic Smiles
07-17-2009, 09:03 PM
:congrats: Laura!

Your experience presents a very valuable tip for job-seekers, specifically "temping". A lot of people I've talked to tend to turn their nose up at working temporary jobs, as if it is beneath their dignity or something. But, as you've just proved, doing a good job at a temp assignment can lead to good things. I know that first-hand. I worked a temp job for a year, totally enjoyed the work and the people, and I too was offered (and accepted) a permanent position, which I stayed in for over five years.

I hope your permanent position proves to be fulfilling, and that you enjoy many good years there!

:thumbsup:
My step daughter had a similiar experience. She was temping at a law firm and when her term ended there, they were not able to offer her a permanent position, but as they liked her so much they sent her resume around to other law firms and she got hired on Full Time Permanent with another law firm. Started a couple of weeks ago.

Congratutions on your new job!

KEYONNAH
07-17-2009, 09:08 PM
:congrats: on your job.

Tinksalot
07-17-2009, 09:31 PM
Congratulations!!!! My husband just went back to work a few weeks ago after being laid off the week before Christmas. :congrats:

LauraF
07-20-2009, 10:45 AM
Thanks everybody for all your well wishes!

I'm very happy about this new opportunity (though DBF is more excited that NOW we can finally go back to WDW. Just put down my deposit this morning.) Patience and hard work really do pay off!

nicster
07-20-2009, 10:46 AM
:congrats:Happily ever afters are good to hear!