PDA

View Full Version : september crowds vs late april question

dyin tago
07-16-2009, 09:58 PM
dw and I usually go in september for the great waterpark weather and free dining plan.
we are considering trying last week in april in 2010 for something different.
would parks be much busier in late april than september with free dining? apparently it is great waterpark weather in april as well.:mickey:

jonahbear2006
07-17-2009, 02:35 AM
I think that April is busier but if you go the last week in April its not bad at all. It's very much comparable to September.

Imagineer1981
07-17-2009, 11:38 AM
April is usually busy because of Spring Break, lots of young adults tearing it up!

DisneyFanaticDargon
07-17-2009, 01:11 PM
Actually, most college spring breaks tend to occur in March (mine is in the first week of March actually), and not many of them want to or can even afford to go to WDW. Elementary - High School spring break is a different matter. It usually coincides with Easter. Some schools do it the week before, some the week after.

Because of this, Easter busy season is a 2 week period at WDW instead of 1. And since Easter falls at different times every year, but usually in April, if you happen to be there during one of those 2 weeks it will be VERY busy.

So my advice before booking for next April is to figure out when Easter is, and if your trip would not fall within the week before or after Easter I'd say you're fine.

Also be aware that Grad Nites usually fall on Friday and Saturday nights in April so you may get kicked out of DHS earlier than normal as they set up for it.

dmallan
07-17-2009, 07:07 PM
Easter is on April 4th in 2010.

Giselle
07-18-2009, 07:07 PM
I think April is more crowded. Schools have breaks throughout April, plus Easter. September is hurricane season though!

Seasonscraps
07-19-2009, 12:12 AM
It looks like you'll be in the clear with regards to Spring or Easter break. Based on previous trips, I think the parks will be a little more crowded (but not unmanagable) in April but the weather is much more pleasant too.

the other micki
07-19-2009, 01:09 AM
I LOVE to go to DW at the end of April. You won't have any trouble with Spring Break crowds. It may be a bit more crowded than Sept., but very managable. The F&G Festival at Epcot is so beautiful! The grad nites had just ended when we arrived. That said, I'm looking to book in Sept. for our next trip just for the free dining. We haven't been at this time before. I'm expecting hotter weather than usual. However, it did get up to about 90 degrees during the last couple days of our stay (by then, it was beg. of May).

Have fun planning your trip!!!:mickey:

pcoleman
07-19-2009, 09:28 PM
I love the end of April. Weather is great, no humidity and the crowds are very mandible. Flower and garden festival makes for some beautiful pictures.

CaptSmee
07-19-2009, 11:10 PM
April is usually busy because of Spring Break, lots of young adults tearing it up!

we went the last week of April this year and it was great! better than it was in Jan!