PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Beach?

DisneyDINK
07-16-2009, 05:25 PM
I did some digging on the Disney site and finally found a list of all of the beaches on property.

I was wondering what peoples favorite beaches were.

I also wonder if the beaches are like the pools. For instance: Can a BW guest use the beach at the YC/BC? Can a WL guest use the beach at the Fort Wilderness campgrounds? It looks like the values, PO, OKW, SSR, AKL and BW all don't have beaches. Can any of them use the beach at another resort?

Pirate Granny
07-16-2009, 07:21 PM
You can't swim at most of the beaches...wade is about the best...the one's i've seen had signs posted for no swimming...that's at the CBR, CSR and YC. I can't remember for WL, Poly or GF...
:pirate:

PetefromRI
07-16-2009, 07:45 PM
I would think that you could use any beach at Disney as long as you are a guest at one of their resorts.The pools seem to be the only thing that they limit.

DVC2004
07-16-2009, 09:07 PM
Don't know about beach usage, other than what others have said is they aren't swimmable. I love the beach at the Poly and the beach at the Beach Club. All have nice, soft sand but those 2 have great atmosphere and location. There's lots of nice beach chairs to relax in.

Gaz10
07-17-2009, 09:30 AM
The Poly beach is best , great place to watch the fireworks , they play the music through speakers so you dont miss out. Anyone can use the beach at the poly or BC. whats to stop you.
when I stayed at the Poly anybody could use the pool you just had nowhere to get changed.this annoyed me as you pay all that money and anyone could walk in and use it.At the BC you get a wrist strap at the pool to prove your a guest which is better and prevents it getting over crowded.
Sorry for changing the subject I just got going on that one:thumbsup:

CleveRocks
07-18-2009, 08:57 AM
The beaches are purely cosmetic. They are just something pretty to look at. Some have hammocks, which is a nice touch, but it's still not a beach any more than the Jungle Cruise is in a jungle.

I'm not trying to be negative, I'm trying to helpful ... I'd hate for you to plan a day at a Disney beach and then be very very disappointed and then have to change your plans.

Jillirose
07-18-2009, 02:35 PM
We stayed at WL in February and walked to the beach area on our last day and decided to rent a boat for an hour.

We enjoyed the beach views at the POLY, WL, and GF. A bonus was the view of the MK from the water. We had never ventured out on the water and really enjoyed it. Our kids, ages 10 and 13 gave it the big thumbs up :thumbsup:

Marceline
07-18-2009, 05:06 PM
WL!!! The Bay Lake view is lovely and the toes in the sand is relaxing and the DD loves to play.:number1: ahhhhh!

DisneyDINK
07-19-2009, 01:17 AM
I did know you are not supposed to swim in Bay Lake/7 Seas Lagoon, etc (except for the occasional triathlon). I just wanted an alternative to the pool for sunbathing, I liked the beach at the GF. Is the one at the WL just a piece of themeing or do people lay out and get a tan?

The beaches are purely cosmetic. They are just something pretty to look at. Some have hammocks, which is a nice touch, but it's still not a beach any more than the Jungle Cruise is in a jungle.

...and I suppose you're going to tell me the Jungle Cruise animals aren't real either? Come to think of it, I always wondered why there were no white stains on the benches in the Tiki Room too! My (Disney) world has been turned uside down! What's real! Aaaaaargh! :D

Thanks for the comments, as always. Got more, keep 'em coming!

Marceline
07-19-2009, 08:44 AM
I did know you are not supposed to swim in Bay Lake/7 Seas Lagoon, etc (except for the occasional triathlon). I just wanted an alternative to the pool for sunbathing, I liked the beach at the GF. Is the one at the WL just a piece of themeing or do people lay out and get a tan?

...and I suppose you're going to tell me the Jungle Cruise animals aren't real either? Come to think of it, I always wondered why there were no white stains on the benches in the Tiki Room too! My (Disney) world has been turned uside down! What's real! Aaaaaargh! :D

Thanks for the comments, as always. Got more, keep 'em coming!

hehehe :laughing:

Don't forget the audio-animatronic fish and sharks in the Living Seas aquarium. :D

Yep, the WL beach is very sunbathe-able. Lots of lounger chairs!

:thumbsup::mickey:

goofball
07-21-2009, 06:13 PM
My favorite would be the Poly. Best theming and atmosphere.

The beach at the Grand Floridian is very nice as well. I had my wedding pictures taken there.:cloud9:

Polynesian Dweller
07-21-2009, 07:47 PM
when I stayed at the Poly anybody could use the pool you just had nowhere to get changed.this annoyed me as you pay all that money and anyone could walk in and use it.

Just to be clear on Disney policy, pool hopping is NOT allowed. You can only use the pool at your resort. I don't know how frequently its done, but I did see them check resort keys on once occasion.

Yes, you can use the beach, but there is no swimming from the beaches and the Poly beaches are marked as swimming prohibited.

satchel01
07-22-2009, 12:13 PM
If you just want to sunbathe, the CBR has lots of nice hammocks around the lake there. And the perk is that many of them are a bit solitary, meaning you can have your hammock AND peace and quiet. Also, the little island in the middle(I think it's called Parrot Cay) has a few spots with sand & hammocks...again not all out in the open, kind of nice and private (if nobody gets there before you lol).

Also, you can see the Illuminations fireworks from around the lake at CBR. Depending where you sit some are a tad low, but still was a nice surprise for us one night.

beachezncream
07-22-2009, 12:33 PM
I love the beaches at BC and at WL :thumbsup: I like to watch the water pageant from the WL beach!

Mousemates
07-22-2009, 03:02 PM
My two favorite beaches are

1) the Poly for fireworks watching

2) CBR for napping