PDA

View Full Version : For all of us Space Shuttle Fans

Itchy
07-16-2009, 02:14 PM
For those of us who are going to be at DW the Week of August 16th we will have a rare treat.

The next shuttle launch is scheduled for August 18th at around 4:25 am. For me I plan on being up to see the launch. I can only imagine how great it will look that early in the morning.

Just hope there are no delays. One of last times I was down at DW they had a launch scheduled it was cancelled due to weather.:(

29 days and counting:mickey:

bretski99
07-16-2009, 03:15 PM
We are going to be there that week!! It sounds like you are saying we may actually be able to see it from DW. Where would be the best place to view that, in your opinion? We won't have a car so we won't be able to go anywhere to see it other than our hotel (Boardwalk).

Itchy
07-17-2009, 07:44 AM
From what I have seen from posters who have witnessed a launch you would just need to have a good view of the east from your resort.

That early in the morning and with very little light is should look like a big sky rocket.

I don't know that you will hear any sound but just to see it will be memorable.

Heres hoping that we can see it this time and no delays.

28 days and counting till the next visit.:mickey:

MomTo3Tiggers
07-17-2009, 09:20 AM
We arrive the 19th. I wonder if I should feel guilty if I wish for a delay... Just 2 days. You'd still get to see it, right?

steamboat willy
07-17-2009, 10:10 AM
For those at Disney the week before Itchy, there's a Rocket launch scheduled for
August 12th @ 4:55 p.m. that should also be visable to the east if it's a clear day.

For Space Shuttle Discovery updates as well as other Kennedy Space Center Info the update information is recorded at 1-800-572-4636.

Only 7 more space shuttle launches before the end of that program.

Itchy
07-17-2009, 08:04 PM
steamboat willy

For those at Disney the week before Itchy, there's a Rocket launch scheduled for
August 12th @ 4:55 p.m. that should also be visable to the east if it's a clear day.

For Space Shuttle Discovery updates as well as other Kennedy Space Center Info the update information is recorded at 1-800-572-4636.

You can also go to their web site and see all of the launch dateshttp://www.nasa.gov/missions/highlights/schedule.html

MomTo3Tiggers

We arrive the 19th. I wonder if I should feel guilty if I wish for a delay... Just 2 days. You'd still get to see it, right?

With weather issues always in Florida the chance is good that it could be delayed. And yes I will still be there enjoying the Mouse.

I will be happy to share the experience.:mickey:

DisneyLuver91
07-17-2009, 10:40 PM
I saw a rocket launch at the Magic Kingdom Monorail Station back in 2007. It was WONDERFUL! The cast members were in complete awe and we all shared a nice experience.

The view from the stations are PERFECT, so if you have the chance, get to the platform to watch. We looked from the Resort line over towards the park. I think they launch everything from about the same area, but don't quote me on that.

I will be arriving on the 13th and leaving on the 16th, so I miss BOTH this year. WICKED LAME. :(

At least I've gotten to see one.