PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving Parade/ Holiday Parade

seanyred
07-16-2009, 01:08 PM
sorry if this seems like dumb question. But isn't there a special Thanksgiving Parade thats taped in MK or I am just confusing it with the Christmas Parade? Either way does WDW ever release the dates when they are recording the parade? If so where do I find them?

Strmchsr
07-16-2009, 01:26 PM
That's the Christmas parade and it's taped the first weekend of December. This year it's Dec 4-6. Usually they tape the music acts in front of the castle on Friday, the parade on Saturday, and re-shoots or make-ups on Sunday.

If you're wanting to avoid the MK those days it's a good idea. If you're wanting to see the taping, don't waste your time. It's a lot of standing around waiting. Plus, the last couple of years, you've had to volunteer for a shift where you stay there the entire 4 hours (minimum) and it's been open only to AP holders. Kind of a pain.

seanyred
07-16-2009, 02:45 PM
good to know thanks for the info. I myself would like to see the taping but I don't think the rest of my family would...I understand why they would want you to stay for the whole four hours....It would be kinda like being an extra in a movie....long hours...no pay...

Strmchsr
07-16-2009, 03:15 PM
If you want to see part of it, you can usually stand behind the crowd and see stuff happening at the castle. As with the parade on Saturday it's a lot of setting up, waiting, standing around, setting up some more, shooting for 60 seconds, then starting over again. However, it does allow you to catch part of the taping and it isn't as crowded as Saturday.