PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in the Greenville/Simpsonville SC area?

Stich8818
07-16-2009, 11:54 AM
Hello fellow Intercote's..

I was looking for some help and what is the first place I think of to ask?..Intercot. There might be an job opprotunity coming my way soon, as you can see I live in NE Ohio. The relocation would be to the Greenville SC area..but mostly towards Simpsonville area. I could really use some help on.

1. Good or Bad neighborhoods

2. Is it very crowded?

3. The weather- Still have seasons?

And honestly any other information will be great.

thanks

Jimenyfan
07-16-2009, 12:20 PM
I live right in that area, as with anyplace there are good and bad area's but simpsonville in general is quite nice. We still have seasons, the biggest difference is that winter wont be nearly as cold as what your use to. This area is not crowded at all, we moved from NJ 12 years ago and I have yet to be caught in a real traffic jam. Downtown Greenville is great, great restaurants shopping etc. All is all I think this area is awesome, with the exceptions of the ice storms we can get. They are like nothing you have ever seen before.

youngOx96
07-16-2009, 01:18 PM
I too am from the Greenville area. I actually work in downtown Greenville, but I live in Easley which is west of Greenville.

I have lived almost all of my life in the area and I think it's a pretty fantastic place. Like most cities/towns in the U.S., Greenville has a few negative attributes, but overall it is a great place. Like the previous poster stated, downtown is nice... lots of nice restaurants, as well as being the beneficiary of recent revitilization projects.

I'm familiar with the Simpsonville area as well since my parents live a few miles outside of Simpsonville. I'm not surprised that you have a job opportunity there, because that area is one of the fastest growing parts of Greenville County.

I'll be happy to give you more details... just PM me.

Basket Mommy
07-16-2009, 07:02 PM
I'm an Alabama transplant that lives in the Blue Ridge area of Greenville/Taylors/Greer. Where you choose to live will depend a lot on where you're going to work. We live in a great area, lots of mountain views, but it's about a 20-minute drive from where a lot of the "stuff" is (restaurants, shopping, etc). We like it out here in the "country", though. We're close enough to shopping but far enough out to feel like we're not in the bustle of the city.

Woodruff Road is where you'll find the major shopping areas. It's a congested area (lots of shops have sprung up faster than they can widen the road!), so I wouldn't choose to live anywhere right off of Woodruff. The Hwy 14 area is a nice area close to Woodruff with a lot of nice, upper end subdivisions. A lot of people (many families) like the Sugar Creek & Sugar Mill subdivisions, too. They're older homes (early to mid 80s), but they have large, wooded lots with basements and (I think) are a great investment as far as resale value goes. You can find many of them renovated and updated. I'd say most of the lots in Sugar Creek are at least a 1/2 acre if not more. If you're working over that way then Sugar Creek & Sugar Mill are great neighborhoods. The Pebble Creek area is great as well; it's a golf course community, but it's on the other side of town (Taylors area) That's near Wade Hampton Blvd. and is convenient to Target, Wal Mart, Publix and other shopping areas.

When you start looking for real estate agents, shoot me a PM and I can recommend a couple of superb ones that really go the extra mile. You'll love Greenville. When we were talking about moving here I thought we'd live here a few years and then move back to Alabama (we moved here for hubby's job) but we've been here since 1996 and don't want to leave. We're 45 minutes away from North Carolina, 3 hours from Charleston and 3.5 hours from the Smoky Mountains. There is so much to do here. We have a great library system, theater, art museum, concerts and a great downtown to peruse. The downtown is really a gem. Lots of good restaurants and shops down there. You don't have to go far to experience Southern hospitality in Greenville!