PDA

View Full Version : "No Expiration" option for the dining plan

magicofdisney
07-15-2009, 11:39 PM
Do you think it's doable? Do you think Disney would consider it?

I read all the time that people have finished their vacation with left over credits.

Seasonscraps
07-16-2009, 02:04 AM
I can't imagine that Disney would consider that - it's money in the bank for them.

DizneyRox
07-16-2009, 06:10 AM
I can't imagine that Disney would consider that - it's money in the bank for them.
Exactly... That's the whole point of the DDP, profits... Not a chance they would allow you to carry your meals from one vacation to another. Use it or lose it!

Jeffybob
07-16-2009, 08:35 AM
Right ... unused Dining credits are leaving money on the table for Disney.

I talked to a DVC Sales person the last time we were at WDW and was told that the 3 things that Disney considers most important are Vacation Club sales, Theme Park tickets and merchandise. Food is their highest profit margin ... so if you do not use it, you lose it. :mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-16-2009, 10:42 AM
That would be a nightmare...trying to remember how many credits are on which cards, and how long the credits would last etc.

Nope, Disney will keep the money.

magicofdisney
07-16-2009, 12:29 PM
So you think Disney would not even consider it for a premium, like they do with the no expiration ticket option?

DizneyRox
07-16-2009, 01:06 PM
So you think Disney would not even consider it for a premium, like they do with the no expiration ticket option?
Nope... How much of a premium are you willing to pay to say $40 worth of snacks or counter service meals? Not much I would presume... So, they would probably moke more letting them expire than people would be willing to pay for the carry over. There's so much that can impact food costs that it would be tough to do this I think...

r4kids
07-16-2009, 02:36 PM
I have a hard time understanding how you end up with credits? We always use all of ours :confused:

PetefromRI
07-16-2009, 07:56 PM
It's too much of a money maker for Disney.Great idea though.We make sure that we don't leave even 1 snack.