PDA

View Full Version : What happens to unused days on the dining plan?

Grim Grinning Marathon Runner
07-15-2009, 08:57 PM
We were at the World in June, and we left on Saturday with at least one counter service meal left over on our dining plan that we just couldn't use. We still have our room key/card.

Is this meal just lost, or is there any way it could carry over to a future stay?

I have a feeling as to what the answer is, but you never know until you ask, right?

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-15-2009, 09:13 PM
All credits expire at midnight on the day you check out, and cannot be saved or carried over.

magicofdisney
07-15-2009, 11:36 PM
Although, a "no expiration" option would be a neat idea for the meal plan.

mainemajor
07-17-2009, 09:23 PM
All credits expire at midnight on the day you check out, and cannot be saved or carried over.

It's a use it or loose it deal, sorry

mouseneer
07-18-2009, 12:41 AM
Don't expect 'no expiration' on unused meals.

Marceline
07-19-2009, 08:50 AM
Disney says..." Thank you very much for your generous donation!" :D

Disney Nutt
07-19-2009, 10:42 AM
Or you could always make someone's day by buying them a meal for free if you have an option left over and are not planning on using it? I mean what a way to brighten someone's day!

gerald72
07-19-2009, 12:53 PM
Or you could always make someone's day by buying them a meal for free if you have an option left over and are not planning on using it? I mean what a way to brighten someone's day!

This would be against the rules, as the credits are non-transferable.

ransam
07-19-2009, 03:56 PM
we left several snacks on our dining plan...we ended up just getting some mickey mouse ear rice crispies and taking them home...

and i know the dining plan's meal are not transferable, but not sure why they wouldn't be?
i mean you paid for them. you should be able to use them anyway you want....

ElenitaB
07-19-2009, 10:15 PM
I did exactly that at Boardwalk Bakery the day we were leaving, and simply turned around to the next person in line and asked them what they were planning on getting for breakfast. I ordered it, paid for it, received the tray, passed it off to them, and wished them a magical day before we went our merry way on our cruise. The credit wasn't transferred; the meal was.

magicofdisney
07-20-2009, 09:17 AM
Last summer there was this family ahead of me in line. They had extra credits and turned around to offer the woman behind them a free meal. She turned them down.

TheRustyScupper
07-20-2009, 10:40 AM
Is this meal just lost, or is there any way it could carry over to a future stay?

1) They are not lost completely.
2) They are credited to Ogre's, (er, Iger's) bonus.
3) In other words, he gets them, not you.

nicster
07-20-2009, 10:49 AM
In the future, get something to go. You could even pack a couple of ziptop bags, just in case. Having something yummy from WDW to eat on the plane would be a nice farewellseeyanexttime thing to do.

Disney Nutt
07-22-2009, 12:00 AM
This would be against the rules, as the credits are non-transferable.

Is this really against the rules to offer your meal to someone else? I am just asking so that I know better in the future...I just thought it was more of a nice gesture??

thrillme
07-22-2009, 12:59 AM
They travel to "Never Never Land" and feed the Pirates.

To prevent this from happening...if you have any credits left over and you're about to board the bus to the airport...buy LOTS of rice krispy mouse ears. If you don't eat them they make great souvineers for the people back home.

momofdisneyprincess
07-22-2009, 09:17 AM
When we were there last year staying at POFQ, we had a lot of snack credits left. To my surprise, they gave us all a lanyard with a pin. We also bought a lot of treats to bring home to my DD6 friends.