PDA

View Full Version : Exema

StitchFan#1
07-15-2009, 06:23 PM
So the other day i noticed a small rough patch on my chin and its gotten worse. I know i have some mild exema from when i was a kid and I was wondering how to lear it up? Its next to a zit too so i need something to clear them oth up it hurts when i poen my mouth :shrug:

Dragongirlx
07-16-2009, 04:01 AM
I have psoarsis which is similar and I use an intensive moistouriser on the dry patch topped up with some antiseptic cream - like savlon.
That usually works and would help clear up your zit too

DisneyOtaku
07-16-2009, 07:33 AM
If it's a mild case (which I'm sure it is), most kinds of lotion will help. I have exema pretty regularly, so I know it can be a pain to deal with. If it gets worse, put lotion on it then a cool, wet rag on it for a few moments. Helps the itching in no time and helps it heal up faster. :thumbsup:

IamBelle
07-16-2009, 09:37 AM
I used to have really bad exema on my hands last year and it wouldn't go away, so I went to a dermatologist and they gave me a strong cream, it went away in like 2 weeks, so if it doesn't go away, I reccommend seeing a dermatologist.

DisneyDog
07-16-2009, 09:56 AM
The dermatologist recommended a wonderful soap called Cerave. You can get it at Walgreens. It's about $12 and comes with a pump container. It's really wonderful. I use it on my hands (where I have ezcema) and my face and it's very gentle. I also use the moisturizer of the same brand. I used to have painful outbreaks of ezcema on my fingers every winter, but I haven't had an outbreak in over two years since I started using Cerave. I don't ever even need medicine anymore.

Familyof4
07-16-2009, 10:05 AM
My 6 yr old has terrible eczma so I am well versed. There are some great prescriptions that will clear it up, but they are mostly steroids. However, 1% Hydrocortisone will help greatly. You only need a little and I would suggest doing it at night when you are most likely not to touch it. It is inexpensive and effective and mild enough to use on your face. Aquafor is also a nice choice, but a little mroe expensive. If you use this, definitely use at night as you will glisten with this one. Good luck!!

thrillme
07-16-2009, 01:55 PM
I know there are several soaps and creams sold at various bath shops that will probably help. BUT...
To kinda summarize the story...My son an infection on his leg several years ago and his doctor recommended HOT water and bleach. He said as hot as he could comfortably stand it. It was a big bowl or bucket of the hot water and a couple of capfuls of bleach (plain ol clorox). It cleared right up

My friend has an infection on her toe. I recommended the solution to her...but I was trying to find out how much bleach to the bucket. I couldn't remember. I found the mixture of a couple of capfuls...but while I was "searching" I also found several med sites recommending this solution for Eczema. Since most people or children have this on more than just a single body part you could put up to a 1/4 cup of bleach in a "bath". It's being said that these bleach baths (or in my son's case...a CLEAN washcloth because it was on his leg)...are even more effective than creams and antibiotics.

Either way...it won't hurt you and it's a CHEAP solution...just make sure you don't use too much bleach or it will burn.

murphy1
07-23-2009, 09:09 AM
I like Cerave products too. I found a great new one called Vanicream, it's about $12 for a big jar. I have thyroid disease, and my skin is super dry and eczema is horrible, but it has cleared more after they increased my meds. I find I have to just slather a lot of the cream on and I sleep with white cotton gloves if I have a bad flare up on hands. I also got patch testing and I am severely allergic to nickel and formaldehyde. Also make sure you are getting enough linoleic acid in your diet, that is a fatty acid and I believe the Omega fish oil helps with that (can you tell I am taking nursing classes??LOL)

Disneyatic
07-28-2009, 09:53 AM
I know there are several soaps and creams sold at various bath shops that will probably help. BUT...
To kinda summarize the story...My son an infection on his leg several years ago and his doctor recommended HOT water and bleach. He said as hot as he could comfortably stand it. It was a big bowl or bucket of the hot water and a couple of capfuls of bleach (plain ol clorox). It cleared right up

My friend has an infection on her toe. I recommended the solution to her...but I was trying to find out how much bleach to the bucket. I couldn't remember. I found the mixture of a couple of capfuls...but while I was "searching" I also found several med sites recommending this solution for Eczema. Since most people or children have this on more than just a single body part you could put up to a 1/4 cup of bleach in a "bath". It's being said that these bleach baths (or in my son's case...a CLEAN washcloth because it was on his leg)...are even more effective than creams and antibiotics.

Either way...it won't hurt you and it's a CHEAP solution...just make sure you don't use too much bleach or it will burn.

My dermatologist told me that hot water is the absolute worst for dry skin and eczema, that you should always try to use water as cold as you can stand it on sites with eczema because it soothes the inflamation.

Not saying that your method doesn't work, but I just wanted to interject!
I have severe dermatisis/eczema on my scalp and have battled it forever it seems. It is such a pain, so good luck to everyone else in the battle :)

murphy1
07-28-2009, 11:37 AM
I got a staph infection from mine, I had to go on antibiotics and steroids for a week. I agree on the hot hot water, I use lukewarm and it helps. My dr. also told me about the bleach, but I just can't do it. The worst part is there is no cure for eczema.