PDA

View Full Version : Quickest way from HS to DTD?

TripPlanner09
07-14-2009, 03:32 PM
We'll be at HS for EMH the morning of September 29th, with an ADR for Wolfgang Puck's Cafe at 1:30...what would be the fastest way for us to get from HS to DTD? and about how long would it take? would we be better off driving? Thanks for any help! :mickey:

Strmchsr
07-14-2009, 04:25 PM
Hands down the "fastest" would be driving or taxi. There are taxis at every park as well and you could do that. Otherwise you have to take a bus to a resort then go to DTD. There is no direct transportation (outside of a taxi or driving yourself) from any park to DTD.

Gusgus
07-14-2009, 05:21 PM
Others will probably disagree, but my experience is it is rarely "fast" to get to DTD especially from another park. I dread taking the Disney buses to and from DTD. I also suggest driving or a taxi.

If you are going to take the bus I would plan on it taking 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 hours to get there to be safe.

Gusgus

Imagineer1981
07-14-2009, 05:23 PM
If you have a car, drive for sure. If not, take a cab. Its a short 5 minute drive if that to DTD from DHS.

JPL
07-14-2009, 11:10 PM
You can also take the bus to Saratoga Springs Resort and then either walk the path around the lake over to DTD or take the boat across the lake :thumbsup:

Imagineer1981
07-15-2009, 02:50 PM
You can also take the bus to Saratoga Springs Resort and then either walk the path around the lake over to DTD or take the boat across the lake :thumbsup:

just remember the boat ride is around 20 minutes or so

HiHoKermitTheFrogHere
07-15-2009, 02:56 PM
You can also walk (or take the Friendship boats) from the Studios to the Boardwalk or any of the other EPCOT area resorts, then take the bus from the resort to DTD. (Again, not the quickest option, but an option nonetheless if you want to stay on Disney transportation rather than driving. The prior poster's option of taking the bus from the Studios to Saratoga, then walking from there to DTD or taking the boat is probably a slightly faster option.)

RBrooksC
07-15-2009, 03:51 PM
I will never stay at Disney and not have a car. So, if you can rent a car, I would say do that. Then you always have transportation to where you want to go and don't have to rely on Disney Transportation to get you where you need to go.

Disney_Barbie
07-16-2009, 10:01 AM
You can also walk from the Studios to the Boardwalk or any of the other EPCOT area resorts, then take the bus from the resort to DTD.

This would be my choice, but it's not based on time at all, it would just be the option I would prefer, I love the walkways of the Epcot Area resorts (to each other, to epoct & to HS) so we make them part of our voyage whenever possible. Even when traveling from Epcot area to MK we go a very round about way to get a nice relaxing walk in (Epcot resorts to the international gateway, thru the world showcase to the front of epcot, then monorail to MK) The beautiful scenic walks are part of our vacation experience :mickey: But as others mentioned, car our taxi would be the fastest way

DizNee143
07-16-2009, 10:16 AM
drive or get a taxi...
no other way is faster!

TripPlanner09
07-16-2009, 03:31 PM
Thanks so much! We will have our car there so it looks like we'll be driving to HS for EMH then heading over to DTD for lunch :) :cloud9:

jonahbear2006
07-17-2009, 02:40 AM
I agree with never go to Disney without a car. I would drive but if you cant drive, shell out the money for a taxi. It's only like $13 and who cares. Thats nothing. IF you don't want to do that, I would take a boat to boardwalk or beach club and then ride the bus to downtown disney. That is actually not that hard to do.

CleveRocks
07-17-2009, 04:31 AM
For someone who doesn't have a car and doesn't want to take a taxi, by far the fastest way (with the least walking) would be a bus from Disney's Hollywood Studios to Saratoga Springs Resort (like JPL already suggested) ... get off at the Congress Park stop and then take an 8-10 minute walk to DTD.

I never ever rent a car during my WDW vacations and I never will. For me, a big part of a WDW vacation is not even possessing a car key for a week. I LOVE not driving for an entire week.

Disney_Barbie
07-17-2009, 08:22 AM
I never ever rent a car during my WDW vacations and I never will. For me, a big part of a WDW vacation is not even possessing a car key for a week. I LOVE not driving for an entire week.

I feel the same, different strokes for differnt folks I guess. To me, a disney trip is not haveing to worry about any of that (finding my car in the lot, getting directions,ect) even if a free rental came w/ our room I'd turn it down. And I don't care for Taxis. I guess I stay on property so I never have to loose that disney-magic and steping into a dirty old taxi doesn't all fit in

DizNee143
07-17-2009, 10:00 AM

I feel the same, different strokes for differnt folks I guess. To me, a disney trip is not haveing to worry about any of that (finding my car in the lot, getting directions,ect) even if a free rental came w/ our room I'd turn it down. And I don't care for Taxis. I guess I stay on property so I never have to loose that disney-magic and steping into a dirty old taxi doesn't all fit in

but its sooo nice to have a car..or to have to take a taxi if you have to instead of wasting so much time to get to where you wanna go..for the OP if they were to rely on disney..it could take about 45 minutes to an hour just to get to dtd..if you jsut hop in your car your there in like what 15 minutes...

when i was younger..my parents always always rented a car..its just so much easier..to get to where you wanna go..and dealing with me and my sister..its nice to just have a car there..and we never ever felt yipped or not on vacation just because we were still in a car driving places..last few times i have been to disney i have had to rely on disney transportation..its sooo annoying wasting so much time to get to where i wanna go cuz i have to keep waiting on a bus..boat..monorail..or whatever..to get me where i wanna go..
but to each his own!

RBrooksC
07-17-2009, 10:42 AM
To me, having the car adds just that much more freedom to the trip. You never have to wait on a bus or, during crowded times, hope you get a seat on a bus.

There is no having to take a bus that may share its route with another resort.

If you have a car, you can come and go as you please. If you want to have dinner at AK, you can just drive directly there and not have to figure which bus route to take.

The last time we went to Disney we decided to take the Monorail to get to and from Epcot. The amount of time it took to get back to the Wilderness Lodge was insane.

If we had just used our car, we would have exited the park, and be back in our hotel in about a 1/4 of the time it took to use Disney Transportation.

CleveRocks
07-18-2009, 08:34 AM
The last time we went to Disney we decided to take the Monorail to get to and from Epcot. The amount of time it took to get back to the Wilderness Lodge was insane.

If we had just used our car, we would have exited the park, and be back in our hotel in about a 1/4 of the time it took to use Disney Transportation.I'm not trying to change your opinion ... I just want to point something out.

You took a very circuitous and unnecessarily slow route to get from WL to Epcot. You took a boat from WL to Magic KIngdom, then walked to the monorail platform, then waited for a monorail, then took a monorail to the TTC, then had to get off the monorail and leave the platform and get onto another platform and wait for another monorail to take you to Epcot.

You could have simply taken a direct bus from WL to Epcot.

Waiting for 3 different modes of transportation (boat, 1st monorail, 2nd monorail) is a recipe for long waits, as compared with waiting for only one mode of transportation (bus).

I understand you prefer driving, and that's great. But to complain about how long it took you to get from WL to Epcot using the route you took is unfair ... it would be like complaining how long it took to drive from WL to Epcot because you made stops at Downtown Disney and Blizzard Beach along the way ... both methods include totally unnecessary delays.