PDA

View Full Version : Cast Member Only Stores

Sweetcheekssz
07-14-2009, 10:56 AM
Does anyone know where the cast member only stores are in the parks and the hours they're open? I only know where one is, but I want to go to them while I'm there.:scratch:

DVC2004
07-14-2009, 11:15 AM
There are a couple Company D stores- one inside Disney University and one inside the casting building. There are also 2 others- Property Control and one I forget the name of. PM me if you want more details. I am not sure what's "allowed" to be posted on this subject.

DizneyRox
07-14-2009, 11:30 AM
I don't think the Company D stores are a big secret. They check IDs prior to allowing purchase, so no harm...

Last I heard, there was one around each park. MK is the one near Property Control/Disney University, Epcot has one behind Test Track, MGM had one near the Animation Tour, and AK's is out closer to 192 than the actual park.

There's one inside the Team Disney building as well. They may have consolidated things since last I was there however.

I liked the one in Disney University the best.

seanyred
07-14-2009, 11:37 AM
I've only been to the one behind the Magic Kingdom. And how I remember it you can only get if your a cast member or with a cast member. If your able to get in you can get some decent deals but selection can be limited.

DizneyRox
07-14-2009, 11:50 AM
I've only been to the one behind the Magic Kingdom. And how I remember it you can only get if your a cast member or with a cast member. If your able to get in you can get some decent deals but selection can be limited.
I believe there is a guard shack back there that will stop casual traffic. The stores also check IDs prior to allowing a purchase.

joanna71985
07-14-2009, 02:26 PM

That is correct. You HAVE to be with a CM to go to Property Control.

DizneyRox
07-14-2009, 03:03 PM
I remember Property Control being different than the Company D.

Company D was a regular store where you could purchase CM exclusive items, TWDC branded items, like backpacks, notebooks, etc. Some artwork, pins, etc.

Propery Control is where they sold off the stuff that doesn't sell in the shops, older dated items (like 2008 t-shirts), damaged items, lost and found items theat were not claimed, etc.

They were in different locations as well, but it's been a long time. I can guess that with the budget cuts, they might staff property control and the Company D store out in back of Magic Kingdom with the same people and consolidate the location.

joanna71985
07-14-2009, 09:22 PM
Nope, Property Control and Company D are still in 2 different locations.