PDA

View Full Version : San Angel VS Le Cellier

nyobabe2
07-13-2009, 11:47 PM
I've wanted to try both of these restaurants and in all my times there I've never gotten to go. In your opinion...which one? Keep in mind we have a 7 and 9 yr old going if that helps in deciding at all...Thanks!

Harkleroad
07-14-2009, 12:16 AM
They are two totally different types of meals so the type of food isn't really something that can be compared. However, my husband and I both love le Cellier. We have been twice - once for lunch and once for dinner. Both were great. We would go again but couldn't get a ressie during free dining. It is a little cramped and doesn't seem that exciting to kids. DS went at 1 and 2 so it isn't a place that you couldn't take kids. San Angel looks really cool but in our opinion the food was awful. I have been a few times in order to give it the opportunity to redeem itself but when my husband and I went a few years back we vowed never again. I can't even remember what we got just that it was bad. So if you can get le Cellier that would be my choice.

nyobabe2
07-14-2009, 12:18 AM
that is not the first time that I've heard that about San Angel's food...thanks for the info...

so far
Le Cellier 1 San Angel 0

GoldenDreams
07-14-2009, 08:11 AM
In my opinion, San Angel Inn is a nicer atmosphere and more fun to dine in, but the food is better at Le Cellier. I had one really good meal at San Angel, but often the food is ho-hum. I think you do better there if you order "real" dishes and not the Americanized combo plates. Everything we've had at Le Cellier has always been good. The breadsticks are fun and tasty, and everyone raves about the cheddar cheese soup. The beef is excellent.

My final vote goes to Le Cellier. My entire family prefers Le Cellier and I would have to convince them to give San Angel another try.

DVC2004
07-14-2009, 08:49 AM
Like the previous poster said, it's food vs. atmosphere. LeCellier has excellent food. Atmosphere, not so great. Cramped and close tables, no windows, etc. San Angel has an awesome theme but I have found the food to be so-so. I love Mexican food but I have never had anything memorable here. Maybe go for lunch and split an app and margaritas.

elmjimmlm
07-14-2009, 12:23 PM
One word for San Angel Inn...YUCK!!!

#1donaldfan
07-14-2009, 12:50 PM
I refuse to even spell out the one that is HORRIBLE, but it has a mexican theme to it.....the atmosphere is GREAT, but the food and service is WAY WAY WAY WAY sub-par...:thedolls:

DisneyFr33k
07-14-2009, 12:57 PM

:ditto: And the service was the worst we've had, ever!

nyobabe2
07-14-2009, 02:35 PM

LOL! Love it, I was leaning towards Le Cellier because of all of your comments, but this one finalized it for me!
It's a shame cause I love mexican food, but I prefer good food vs good atmosphere!

Thanks everyone for all of the input!:thumbsup:

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-14-2009, 02:44 PM
I have to agree with previous posters....the atmosphere at San Angel is very nice but the food at LeCellier is far superior.....we usually stick to the CS and get our Mexican fix at the Cantina

AdventurerKim
07-14-2009, 03:25 PM
We went to San Angel in June and were very disappointed by the menu changes. There's less "mexican" food, like no more enchiladas and taco plates. What we did eat wasn't that great at all.

Le Cellier has much better food which I would pick over SA's atmosphere. We never miss Le Cellier!

Giselle
07-14-2009, 05:42 PM
The food at San Angel is not your typical mexican, but I liked it. I think the atmosphere would be best for kids. Donald's boat goes floating by, a mariachi band, shops in the lobby and the ride as a treat when you're done oe before you're seated. :sombrero:

TheVBs
07-14-2009, 05:46 PM
We haven't eaten at San Angel in years, but the couple times we did the food was good, great atmosphere and we had great service.

We ate at Le Cellier our last two trips, great food, cozy atmosphere, great service.

NJGIRL
07-15-2009, 11:05 AM
I personally like the San Angel better. We have always had good service there. They have always gone above and beyond to make sure everyone is enjoying their meals. The food has always been good also. The atmosphere is fun!

LeCellier IMO is an OK restaurant but I don't feel it's any thing special.

megustamex
07-15-2009, 12:57 PM
I haven't been to Le Cellier, but I have to comment about San Angel. We had the chicken mole and loved it. Maybe it's one of those restaurants where there is only one good thing on the menu!

PopeCharming
07-15-2009, 01:03 PM
I've been to San Angel Inn, but not Le Cellier. (well, scratch that...I went to Le Cellier, but back when it was a really bad cafeteria, in the early 90s).

So...having been unimpressed with San Angel Inn's food and service, I'm not voting for Le Cellier so much as I'm voting against San Angel Inn.