PDA

View Full Version : Attraction Questions

steve5
07-13-2009, 11:03 PM
Just got back and had a few observations.

After doing all the renovations on Small World, Do they ever run the big queue clock? Been back twice since they redid it and it has not run at all. There used to be a sound effect for the clock ticking and it would go off at random times. Now nothing.

What have they done to the sound effects on Splash Mountain. Used to be you would hear the birds and other characters singing on the outside turn where you see the bird house. Now you can only faintly hear the singing as you get close to the bird house. The singing of the first song also seems choppy for some character spots.

Didn't there used to be a smell effect in Pirates when you got to the burning town part?

Same thing with Spaceship Earth and the buring of the library?

Why did they stop the ghouls that pop up at the end of Haunted Mansion from screaming? Now they just lamely pop up. We used to love hearing them scream.

DisneyLuver91
07-13-2009, 11:10 PM
I have no idea what the issue is with those attractions, but that's really sad.

The burning smell is SSE was my favorite... Sad. :sob:

Skippy
07-14-2009, 07:30 AM
The SSE one is gone? I was just there on the 2nd and recall smelling it.

Perhaps it was a temporary thing?

Stu29573
07-14-2009, 07:35 AM
We were there the week of 6-14 and:
1. The clock was running (I got it on video)
2. I didn't notice SM.
3. I don't remember if there ever was an effect on Pirates or not.
4. I think I remember the smell on SSE, but I can't be certain.
5. Ok, the no scream pop ups on HM are a little lame...

Imagineer1981
07-14-2009, 11:05 AM
Just got back and had a few observations.

After doing all the renovations on Small World, Do they ever run the big queue clock? Been back twice since they redid it and it has not run at all. There used to be a sound effect for the clock ticking and it would go off at random times. Now nothing.

What have they done to the sound effects on Splash Mountain. Used to be you would hear the birds and other characters singing on the outside turn where you see the bird house. Now you can only faintly hear the singing as you get close to the bird house. The singing of the first song also seems choppy for some character spots.

Didn't there used to be a smell effect in Pirates when you got to the burning town part?

Same thing with Spaceship Earth and the buring of the library?

Why did they stop the ghouls that pop up at the end of Haunted Mansion from screaming? Now they just lamely pop up. We used to love hearing them scream.

1) Yes the clock is still running, it goes off every 15 minutes I believe, gotta time it right

2) Splash I have not paid attention to.

3) Pirates did not have a burning smell, but SE did, and last I heard still does. Maybe it was faint that day?

4) The ghouls in the grave yard area have never screamed, they have always just popped up. The only ones that scream are the ones in the attic. The graveyard scene is about the song and sites, not the screams.

steve5
07-14-2009, 01:35 PM
The Small World clock thing has me perplexed since I know it only goes off sporadically, but This is my second trip with nothing every happening with it. I don't even think the face that goes back and forth was running the last time we were there. This time is was going, but no tick tock sound. Just seems odd to not have it fully functional all the time. We ride it several times a trip since my kids like it. Dumb luck would hold that if it would be going off at least once when we walk by and that never happened once in the last two trips.

MicMouse
07-14-2009, 02:38 PM
Saw the clock operating many times last June...its one of my favorite parts of the ride.

I don't remember smells in SE, but I seem to recall the "characters" moving before the refurb. Maybe I'm just crazy, but I thought that the animatronic painting the ceiling moved his arm while holding a paint brush, and the telephone operator "plugged in" wires...