PDA

View Full Version : ADRs - Which Restaurants?

DisneyDINK
07-13-2009, 10:02 PM
From my visits and reading the forums I have a feel for some of the popular restaurants, but you don't need reservations for every meal every day.

DW and I are going in October. I figured ADRs at Le Cellier and the California Grill are a good idea, but Biergarten? Rose & Crown? What are some of the places (and times) in October you need a reservation? Should you bother with lunch reservations? Breakfast? Let the sage advice pour forward. Thanks for any help. :mickey:

Figment78
07-13-2009, 10:16 PM
DisneyDINK - do you mind if I hijack your thread? I was just about to post a very similar question...

Specifically, I was wondering if you needed LUNCH ADRs for some of the Epcot restaurants, like Rose & Crown, Chefs de France, Nine Dragons? I know you do for Le Cellier, no matter which meal, and probably Tutto italia, but what about these other ones? I'm looking at mid-August timeframe.

To lend my insight to your post DisneyDInk, I agree with you - some restaurants you definitely need them, and especially for any meal in the Magic Kingdom and probably DHS because they have much fewer restaurants. I have been able to walk into San Angel inn for lunch, and Marrakesh for dinner even, but I've never been lucky to get into the Plaza, Crystal Palace, Tony's, Cinderella's Royal Table, Sci-fi, or Primetime for lunch without an ADR (or a loooooong wait). I HAVE eaten lunch at Mama Melrose's without an ADR in October. Kona Cafe at the Polynesian also seems to often have a wait, ditto for Ohana's so ADRs are helpful there. Whispering Canyon Cafe is pretty open for breakfast and lunch (but ADRs make it easier), but dinner is harder to get. I'm not familiar with lunch at many other resort restaurants. (sorry!) Many of the Character breakfasts are extremely popular (like Cape May and Chef Mickeys) so if you were looking at doing one of those, you would want to make ADRs.

I'm curious to see what others think for both of our time frames. Again, I hope you don't mind I joined in your thread!

jenny1976
07-14-2009, 09:30 AM
As the previous poster has said, you are better off getting ADR's especially if you are going with either small children or teenagers who hate to wait. As far as time frames, if you do not want to make ADR's, you should choose non popular time frames as late lunches, early dinners, maybe close to a brunch if possible. We love Biergarten for dinner, the buffett is great. Also, Marrakesh is wonderful for lunch and not difficult to get into. Do not forget that there are some counter service options like Mexico and also China, and those could be convenient.
Have a Great trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:blush:

LibertyTreeGal
07-14-2009, 12:27 PM
When in doubt, ADR! I ADR everything -- we go in the off season and we still see walk ins turned away or waiting and waiting and waiting....

DisneyDINK
07-15-2009, 11:11 AM
I guess I like to be a little more spontaneous, but I appreciate saving time by having a lot of ADRs, but that means you can't really deviate from a set schedule.

I'm plugging things into the INTERCOT_ADR_Planner. My 90 day mark is 7/19. I guess I've got some more work to do.

NJGIRL
07-15-2009, 11:15 AM
I would make a reservation for each meal that you are eating TS. As you can see we go in Oct every trip and the restaurants are always filled at meal times.

elmjimmlm
07-15-2009, 11:36 AM
I would make a reservation for everything to be on the safe side...I know in Dec. there were restaurants that we were in that were almost empty and they were turning people away saying they were full...Just my opinion but if you want something specific then make a reservation...

BelleLovesTheBeast
07-17-2009, 06:59 PM
I'd make reservations for everything. We went last Oct - mid to late and still couldn't get everything we wanted. And that's back when you could call 180 days out. So highly recommend even for places that aren't as popular to get ADRs.

mouseneer
07-18-2009, 12:37 AM
Ohana's and Boma are two definate ADR's