PDA

View Full Version : Le Cellier or Biergarten?

rjmdds
07-13-2009, 06:13 PM
We have never been to either. I plan on being in World Showcase one night for dinner and would loke to pick one of the two. I realize they are vastly different. I am traveling with my wife, my DD 7, and DS 4. Who can sway me either way?

faline
07-13-2009, 06:23 PM
Biergarten:
Pros:
1. Good entertainment
2. Wonderful atmosphere
3. You share a table with other guests

Cons:
1. Buffet (I prefer table service)
2. Mediocre food (at least in my opinion)
3. You share a table with other guests (which can be a wonderful experience if you have great table mates or a dreadful one - our last group of table mates ignored us completely until they left when they said goodbye)

Le Cellier:
Pros:
1. Table Service
2. Good, friendly service
3. Excellent food
4. Lovely atmosphere

Cons:
1. Very crowded wherein you feel others can practically trip over you at your table

How do I reconcile # 4 pro and # 1 con? I've found, it's all related to where you are seated. If seated in the middle of the dining room, it feel very crowded, noisy, and as though folks are always "brushing" by you. On the other hand, if you seated off to the side and out of the flow of the restaurant traffic, the meal is much mroe relaxed and enjoyable and the atmosphere feels wonderful!

Scott C
07-13-2009, 06:55 PM
I went to both last Sunday and Thursday -- both very good. The deciding factor may be the entertainment at Biergarten -- It is very good. I had the Prime Rib sandwich at LeCellier for Lunch (with cheese soup of course). At Biergarten -- I sampled many different foods but focused on the pork schnitzel. We left quite pleased at both locations. I really think that with the kids they will have a better time at Biergarten.

Thanks
Scott C

LibertyTreeGal
07-13-2009, 07:14 PM
Le Cellier, unless you have a lot of picky eaters who enjoy bland food.

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-13-2009, 08:31 PM
Biergarten all the way!

Why? Really neat atmosphere, entertainment, a variety of food (the apple strudel dessert is worth going for alone).

Le Cellier is a good (not great) steak place. You can get good steak anywhere!

AdventurerKim
07-14-2009, 03:31 PM
Le Cellier--no contest!

TheVBs
07-14-2009, 06:40 PM
You can get good steak anywhere!

I wish that were our experience! I think we've only been to two restaurants where we've been impressed by the steak. One was Le Cellier and the other was a restaurant in Chicago that had awesome steak!

The Biergarten is fun, but the food is not so great. I would have to choose Le Cellier.

Disneypixie513
07-14-2009, 08:55 PM
Biergarten for sure. The food is good, and the show is nice. The last time we were there, they had a potato and leek soup that was to DIE for! I'm super picky about soup, but I loved it.

HoosierDisneyFan
07-14-2009, 10:40 PM
I cannot believe that I am about to say this but in your situation I would select Biergarten. I love LeCellier but with 2 kids under 10 I think Biergarten is the better option (unless your kids are better at a formal sit down resturants than most).

swampfox28
07-15-2009, 12:27 AM
We haven't tried Le Cellier yet, but I did take my friend to Biergarten and, surprisingly, LOVED it!

I'm NOT a sausage/German food gal (or so I thought), but the food was really good IMO.

There were blander/normal fare selections and also lots of (of course!) German food.

My friend, who lived in Germany for a few years and married a German guy was amazed at how authentic and good the food was - really!

There were a lot of good pastas, salads, and desserts (WHOA were the desserts good!) And I don't drink beer, but there was a good selection.

The staff was really nice and the entertainment was good. It was a little loud, but really fun!

We saw LOTS of kids dancing and having a blast!!

-Sarah

hubbyofadisneyholic
07-15-2009, 08:12 PM
Another vote for Biergarten!!:thumbsup:

We enjoy the atmosphere, the show is very entertaining and who doesn't enjoy holding up their glass shouting "hoy, hoy, hoy"??:D

Even my extremely picky daughter and niece always find plenty to eat and as several people have mentioned the desserts are quite good.

As far as sharing the table with others...we have had very enjoyable conversations with very friendly people and we have shared silence with one family that would be best described as a bit odd...

But, all in all we love it and it is on our "must do" list for every trip. :eat:

BigBaloo
07-17-2009, 02:30 PM
Been to both & loved both of them. The Biergarten is MUCH better w/ the kids. My sons loved being able to go dancing w/ mom & grandmother while I stayed at the table & had a :beer: Prost!!!

SuzieN
07-20-2009, 02:33 PM
I've never been to Le Cellier but have read fabulous reviews of it of course. We went to Biergarten on our trip last year and loved it!!! We are doing both in October!!!

DVC2004
07-20-2009, 04:00 PM
LeCellier. But I am biased because I do not care for buffets or German food.

I remember walking into Biergarten a few years ago and turning around and going right out. I don't know what I smelled but it was very unappealing.

LeCellier has very good food. They also have a great pretzel bread which my kids always enjoy.

Scar
07-20-2009, 04:10 PM
Ein Prosit, Ein Prosit, der gemiitlichkeit
Eins - zwei - Drei - g'suffa!
Zicke, zacke, zicke, zacke, hoi, hoi, hoi!

Prosit

Guess which one I vote for. :D

SBETigg
07-20-2009, 04:10 PM
Le Cellier is good, fairly consistent, but overrated. It's on par with casual steakhouse chains. The atmosphere is a little dark and tables are pretty close together. If your kids get bored in restaurants, this one is not going to amuse with atmosphere. If you don't love buffets and want a good meal, this is your choice.

Biergarten has heavy, filling foods, but decent if a little sausage-centric. With kids, it might be a good choice due to the buffet, lots of choices. Also, quaint atmosphere (nighttime Bavarian village setting) and the band is a big plus. Kids of all ages get up and dance. If you like to be entertained at dinner, and you're a fan of buffets, this one is your choice.

PETE FROM NYC
07-20-2009, 07:35 PM
Been to both on past trips, enjoyed both.
Le Cellier is almost impossible to get dinner ressies.I could not get one my last trip 3/07,nor on my upcoming trip in September.

edhunter28
07-20-2009, 07:38 PM
Le celier indefinetly:number1:

TheMartellFamily
07-20-2009, 07:44 PM
leCellier is my choice for you. one of our family favorites.

DizneyFreak2002
07-20-2009, 07:59 PM

Prosit

Guess which one I vote for. :D

Umm Mexico?? LoL...

princessesmom
07-21-2009, 09:45 AM
We have been to both with young children and really enjoyed both. But my recommendation with younger children would be for Biergarten. The show is so much fun for them, as well as the adults. There is plenty of variety on the buffet, even if you aren't a huge fan of German food. I will not eat sausage, but they have many other things to choose from.

LeCellier is good, but does not compare to a top notch steak restaurant (like Morton's). And there is NO entertainment factor. Biergarten is a fun experience. I would go with it.

renecat
07-21-2009, 11:54 AM
Eaten at both would say biergarten since you will have children with you they will enjoy it. Food is wonderfull. I am half German and raised on many German dishes. Found them to be exceptional with what they had and also other choices for the ones not into German food. LeCellier is also very good but is hard to get into. Many more choices at beirgaten.:thumbsup:

Mickey'sGirl
07-21-2009, 12:05 PM
Biergarten.

Madzac
07-21-2009, 12:28 PM
We tried Biergarten for the first time on our trip in May with DD7, DS4 and DS1. We LOVED it! It was a favorite of the trip. My kids are picky and didnt eat a ton, but all found some things they liked. The desserts were especially excellent. We loved the atmosphere of the nightime village. The polka band was an absolute blast! I recommend making a ressie about 40 min before the band starts, then you can eat and enjoy the entertainment if you go here. My kids just loved it and danced and danced. They are still talking about how fun it was.

Le Cellier is excellent food, the food is better than Biergarten, for me anyways. But it is more upscale, and no entertainment. We will wait until the kids are big to go back there. I'd go back to Biergarten in a heartbeat.

snifflesmcg
07-04-2010, 11:53 PM
My boyfriend and I both prefer the Biergarden over Le Cellier. Both are great but we just LOVE the Biergarden.

MinniesMom
07-05-2010, 06:59 PM
I've been to both with young children and I would agree with everyone else (w/children) that Biergarten is the way to go. I also agree that Le Cellier is good but over-rated. For our upcoming trip I let each of my kids pick a restaurant and my 9 year old said without hesitation "Biergarten please!"

moe513
07-05-2010, 08:52 PM
Hard to get ressie at Le Cellier
Always tables available at Beirgarten

moe513
07-05-2010, 08:55 PM

funny

disney1122
07-06-2010, 01:03 PM
Le Cellier, for sure!

Frenchie1211
07-06-2010, 02:35 PM
We have been to both with young children and really enjoyed both. But my recommendation with younger children would be for Biergarten. The show is so much fun for them, as well as the adults. There is plenty of variety on the buffet, even if you aren't a huge fan of German food. I will not eat sausage, but they have many other things to choose from.

LeCellier is good, but does not compare to a top notch steak restaurant (like Morton's). And there is NO entertainment factor. Biergarten is a fun experience. I would go with it.

Love LeCellier but not able to get ressies. Where is Morton's?

BoricuaBell
07-06-2010, 06:09 PM
Le Cellier:

1. Hard to get into (people reserve way in advance)
2. Very beautiful atmosphere
3. Delicious food
4. Great service, but always crowded

Biergarten:

1. May find seating here faster
2. Nice atmosphere if you don't mind sitting with other guests at your table
3. Delicious food
4. Great service and has live music with a dance floor for the kids

GreenB
07-06-2010, 06:32 PM
The Biergarten for sure!!

The steak at Le Cellier is SO mediocre that anything else is FAR better.

The food at the Biergarten is reasonable, nothing to die for but very well prepared. You just can't beat the ambiance and for some, the beers they offer is a plus. A very BIG plus!!!

GreenB
07-06-2010, 06:44 PM
Love LeCellier but not able to get ressies. Where is Morton's?

Morton's is like heaven for us, steak lovers!

It is a national chain originally from Chicago. They do have a restaurant in Orlando unfortunately outside WDW, very close to the Universal Studios.
Google Mortons so you can find out the address in case you are interested.
Highly Recommended.