PDA

View Full Version : Dou You Wear NEW Clothes to Disney Parks?

Goes4FastPass
07-13-2009, 12:18 PM
The Jort thread got me wondering, Do you wear new or "nice" clothes when you visit Disney parks?

My wife seems to use Disney trips as a excuse to buy new warm weather clothes.

I always say, "You certainly don't need any new clothes for Disney World!". Still, she shops. She always looks cute.

When we get up and get ready to park hop she puts on a new outfit and asks, "How do you like it?" I smile and say, "You look swell"

There's a kind of man who knows when not to argue. They're called husbands.

Mousemates
07-13-2009, 12:23 PM
yep...we all wear a new personalized disney T-shirt for our first day in the parks each time we visit (a fam tradition)...purchased away from WDW (via the internet) where they are much less expensive. As for buying other "new clothes" for a visit...only if someone needs a new pair of flipflops or an extra pair of shorts.

disneymom15
07-13-2009, 12:54 PM
I always wear nice clothes (not fancy, but casual) at Disney. I Never dress sloppy, always do my hair and make up.

Toad_Passenger
07-13-2009, 12:56 PM
Between sweating in the heat, and all the possible tragedies that go with "eating on the run" in the parks, I definitely DO NOT take new clothing on a WDW trip.

I will take 1 "nice" outfit to wear depending on if we have ADR's for France, Artist Pointe, or wherever.

Beyond that, though, I only pack things that I don't care if they get messed up.

tys_mommy
07-13-2009, 01:22 PM
I buy the kids new character theme shirts from the Disney outlet or on sale at department stores before we go. They don't need them but they like them and do wear them again when we return home.

Missy_Mouses_Dad
07-13-2009, 01:36 PM
I always wear a polo shirt and shorts...definitely not jorts. DD14 would have a fit if I had jorts on..

BIGDOG
07-13-2009, 01:39 PM
Every Disney trip the wife loads up on new outfits for all the kids and us. It is not too bad due to the fact we go in Sept/Oct time frame, and stores up here on the cape have summer clothing on clearence. It is a good time to load up on some new foot wear also.

Wrigley
07-13-2009, 01:49 PM
I buy a few new outfits for Disney trips. I like to have us looking "put together". We dress nicely, but not too fancy and definatley not sloppy. This will be our dd's first trip, and I am already buying some new outfits for her and am on the lookout for clothes for my DH and I.!:shop::mickey:

mouseketeer mom
07-13-2009, 01:53 PM
I buy some new, and then pack my favorites that I already have. I even like to buy and pack new PJ's. I get new toiletries and even new makeup sometimes. I love putting on new cute outfits at Disney. I do the same for my kids too. This is probably why our Disney trips go way over budget. I never make do with what we have.:blush:

NotaGeek
07-13-2009, 02:03 PM
I rarely buy new clothes (unless some cute and original Mickey shirt or hoodie catches my eye) ... but I always plan a specific "look" for my Disney outfits ... it makes me happy to think of the week and what I plan on wearing ... and if I am going to wear some sort of Mickey clothes etc. It's a nerdy thing I do ... :mickey:

GhostHost999
07-13-2009, 02:15 PM
I try and pack light so that way I can just buy the shirts, etc. that I want and wear those. :-)

So I guess by default I wear new stuff to the Disney Parks. :-)

I fly back to WDW tomorrow...I can't wait.
:mickey:

illini
07-13-2009, 02:37 PM
I buy some new, and then pack my favorites that I already have. I even like to buy and pack new PJ's. I get new toiletries and even new makeup sometimes. I love putting on new cute outfits at Disney. I do the same for my kids too. This is probably why our Disney trips go way over budget. I never make do with what we have.:blush:

This is me exactly. Past trips, I made sure the kids were dressed in a theme for the day (park, resort, whatever we were doing). I won't be able to get away with it in the future, but it was so much fun!

We take more pictures at Disney than anywhere. I don't want to be sloppy and frumpy looking so I tend to dress a little nice. Not dressy at all, but "cute" casual stuff.

lightyearfan
07-13-2009, 02:52 PM
well what me and dw do is:
when we buy our new disney t-shirts at WDW we won't wear them until our next trip down, so this way we wear our shirts which are new from our previous trips and just match them up with shorts that we've had for quite sometime now. all in all it works out well. in the mornings before we head to breakfest and the parks, dw will pick out our outfits, usually the same t's but different shorts(obvious reasons- womens to mens:mickey:) then it's off to have:party:

Victor

diz_girl
07-13-2009, 03:20 PM
I always wear nice clothes (not fancy, but casual) at Disney. I Never dress sloppy, always do my hair and make up.
:ditto:

BluewaterBrad
07-13-2009, 03:22 PM
I actually have "Disney clothes" that I almost only wear at WDW. Drives my wife nuts.:mickey:

jonahbear2006
07-13-2009, 03:33 PM
I always buy new clothes for disney, for me and the kids. It is definitely not our complete wardrobe but some of us women prepare for our trips as if they are like the next coming of christ. I spend months preparing and planning and I am already gathering things for packing and we still have 49 days until we leave. It is always nice to take Disney pictures and have new clothes on in them, and this will set apart photos from previous trips, as well. I also have clothes that I have worn before that I have to "get into" for my trip, and that is typically the only time they fit. I don't see this as all that abnormal for a woman to do.

Kathy Jetson
07-13-2009, 03:50 PM
I went shopping for new clothes this spring. With everything I put on I found myself wondering how would this look at Disney? I only bought things that I would wear at Disney :blush:

kakn7294
07-13-2009, 04:06 PM
My family all wears shorts and t-shirts, casual tops, or tank tops, some new and some not. We don't buy new clothes specifically for the trip, but we always have something new that we bought that season. We never dress up but we do try to look nice - I do my hair and wear makeup.

Aggie97
07-13-2009, 04:17 PM
We don't buy new clothes or shoes specifically for the trip, unless they were needed anyway. We tend to dress on the nicer side of casual most days (the same way the do at home), unless we are wearing WDW T-shirts, and I do my hair and wear make-up -- we take more pictures at WDW than anywhere else, so we like to look nice for them! :mickey:

Imagineer1981
07-13-2009, 04:26 PM
We don't buy new clothes, but we wear nice clothes. I usually wear nice tshirts or polo. I feel generally alot of people "dress up" to go to Disney. Its just a higher caliber park, and I think alot of people feel that the sleeveless Ron Jon Surf Shop shirt just isn't dressy enough. Granted there are the people who wear that stuff, but I'd say in a given day you'll see way more polos and nice shirts as opposed to the competition where you are lucky to see people with a shirt on at all!

Giggy
07-13-2009, 04:49 PM
Disney is basically just a T-shirt and shorts place for me, it's too hot to wear anything more than that. I don't tend to go out of the way to buy new clothes before we go but if I think I need a few more clothes I may get something practical for the weather.

Once I'm there though I'll buy Disney shirts, often ones from my favourite rides.

jakeybake
07-13-2009, 05:58 PM
Absolutely!

I have to bring new clothes with me and bust them out on my trip, especially sneakers.

For us, buying and wearing new clothes on our trip is a big part of the experience. Like everything down there is new and fresh.

I wouldn't have it any other way!

Jay

DANAM
07-13-2009, 07:28 PM
The kids always have new clothes for Disney trips. I actually get custom outfit made for them to wear based on were we are going for the day or night. As for DH and myself we generally have new tops combined with some new bottoms. Always something presentable but nothing super dressy. DH normally wears t shirts during the day and collared shirt at night and I normally wear a top with shorts or capri pants. Nothing too fancy. Plus, I always thought planning the outfits was part of planning a Disney trip. It's part of the fun.

TikiGoddess
07-13-2009, 07:58 PM
I went shopping for new clothes this spring. With everything I put on I found myself wondering how would this look at Disney? I only bought things that I would wear at Disney :blush:

I've been doing that too. My summer clothes have been around for 3-4 years, so this year I decided that it was time to rejuvenate my wardrobe. 4 new pairs of shorts -- about 8 new tops -- and a new dress. Needed them anyway but bought them with Disney in mind. We take lots of photos and I want to look gooooood. :)

I buy the kids new clothes for the trip too... everything I buy is on sale or clearance rack, so it doesn't add up to much.

Gotta go, time to look at the excel spreadsheet and make sure we all have enough outfits to carry us through our Disney trip... ;)

Kathy

Dakota Rose
07-13-2009, 09:29 PM
Yes I buy new clothes for myself and the family for WDW or any vacation (except camping of course).

Belle--86
07-13-2009, 10:17 PM
We use a trip to buy a couple of new outfits and of course the kids. and I have a few favorites we bring. We also usually get Disney shirts for the first full park day

Jodi
07-13-2009, 10:21 PM
Yes, we tend to buy / wear new clothes for our trip to Disney. The nice thing is, we typically go in August, so, most of the summer clothes are on clearance before we go....so, we get nice stuff to wear at a decent price. :thumbsup:

buzznwoodysmom
07-13-2009, 10:48 PM
I tend to go all out and buy way too much new clothes for all of our WDW trips. I buy the kids new outfits, myself and DH new clothes, new shoes, flip flops, pajamas, socks, underclothes. I often joke that I spend almost as much preparing for our trips as I do on the trip itself. The sad part is that it really isn't a joke, its the truth. This summer I controlled myself and bought about half of what I normally do and we did just fine. I think I'll try to do even better when we go in Nov.

DlandMommy
07-13-2009, 11:08 PM
GUILTY:blush:Well theres a reason though....I am a larger women who would never wear tanks or sleevless shirts out. But at WDW there is so many people just being themselves....(jhorts,fanny packs...)Here you can just be happy, comfortable,and focus on nothing but the World:mickey:So I do buy new tanks and stuff I dont usually wear:thumbsup:

mattandmandy
07-13-2009, 11:14 PM
I like to think a lot about how our pictures will look. We don't wear fancy clothes or anything but something that will look good in our albums or scrapbooks later. I do like for us to all look cute for the pictures and not in the same clothes we have worn in 100 other pictures. We do usually have a lot of new clothes for our trip. Especially for the kids as part of their surprises. Right now we have set aside some new outfits not to mention some new Disney pajamas they will be excited about. We are in comfortable shorts and t shirts but cute ones that will look good in all our pictures.

ParkMan
07-13-2009, 11:30 PM
Generally no, we don't buy a lot of new clothes for the trip. We'll refresh some of our older clothes, but most of what we bring we are already wearing at home.

We definitely don't dress up, but do try to look nice.

Iteachpc
07-14-2009, 12:01 AM
Yes and no...I don't go out right before our trip and buy a bunch of new clothes, but when I shop for clothes I do have vacation/Disney in mind.

I'm traveling with 3 teens so they don't let me pick out their clothes anymore. DS used to dress in character shirts but informed me a few years ago he was too old for that! :( Oh well, I guess they have to grow up.

When I bought summer clothes for the kids and myself I selected things that look nice but were also casual and lightweight material since it's so hot when we visit WDW. I did buy DD a couple of Disney T's at a great price and treated myself to a new Mickey T, too! We're saving them for the trip!

Ten days til out trip! Guess I should start packing!!!

TheVBs
07-14-2009, 08:40 AM
The only thing I've specifically bought for an upcoming WDW trip was some Mickey Crocs for our DD5. It is very hard to find shoes that don't give her blisters and these work great for her. Of course, I got them a couple months ahead of time so she could walk in them a lot, which means they weren't looking too new when we left. ;)

I don't buy anything new specifically for the trip otherwise. I like to bring stuff that I know I'll be comfortable in and would be willing to have my picture taken in. :mickey:

mattandmandy
07-14-2009, 09:05 AM
The only thing I've specifically bought for an upcoming WDW trip was some Mickey Crocs for our DD5. It is very hard to find shoes that don't give her blisters and these work great for her. Of course, I got them a couple months ahead of time so she could walk in them a lot, which means they weren't looking too new when we left. ;)

Try croc butter. It works great!

DVC2004
07-14-2009, 09:08 AM

And a smart man you are! :thumbsup:

LOL I always say I'm not going to, but I always end up buying new clothes for myself and my kids. Not an entire wardrobe or anything, just a few tops or shorts. BUT- always a new swimsuit. I don't like to see myself in the pictures later wearing the same clothes from trip to trip.

I know, I know. :blush:

Seasonscraps
07-14-2009, 09:21 AM
I don't wear all new clothes but definitely some. When I go in April/May, I have more new clothes since that's about when I add on to my summer wardrobe. When I go in September, I may go shopping for a couple of fresh tops or something for vacation.

marlaine
07-14-2009, 09:48 AM
Everything has to be brand new for us for our trip! We go once a year, every Sept. I buy new tees, shorts, underwear, socks, make up, at least one new piece of luggage. My ritual is boardering on OCD. I spend one entire day ironing everything before I pack. Then, every morning before we leave our room, I re-iron the days clothes. I wish I could stop, but I can't.:sick:

Ksmith75
07-14-2009, 12:01 PM
We usually buy new clothes for vacation. We take a couple of nice outfits for dinner...but the rest of our new clothes that we buy are - for me - knit capris, cargo capris, t-shirts and tank tops - all bought at walmart or pennies. For my husband - he takes new t-shirts and athetlic shorts usually bought at foot locker.....so yes, new clothes - but not expensive clothes - we always seem to get some food (dole whip ) on our shirts....

KAJUNKING
07-14-2009, 12:15 PM
we dont buy all new stuff for our trips, but we usually make a trip to the disney store a month or so before we go and see if there is anything on sale (this year we bought dd9 a t shirt for $5 and me a t for$6). also i have shirts that i only where to disney such as my intercot and wdw today shirts, and i always buy a pair of shoes a couple weeks before we go so i can break them in :mickey:

#1donaldfan
07-14-2009, 12:39 PM
....YES .... new clothes and maybe even a new ball cap.....gotta look good for Mickey !!

Disney Doll
07-14-2009, 01:56 PM
I do buy some new things every trip. I'm always looking for an excuse to shop. I have several Disney shirts that I only wear in the world so I bring those along as well. My main priority is comfort, but we do take lots of pictures so I don't want to look sloppy.

nicster
07-14-2009, 02:25 PM
I like to wear what is comfortable. If I need a new something & a trip is upcoming, then I wear something new. More important is comfort & looking nice for photos, etc. DH wears button down short sleeve shirts for the most part to the parks. He actually finds them to be cooler (in a temperature sort of way) than the tee shirts that so many seem to prefer (and I think they look nicer). I do like to bring a light weight hoodie or long sleeve button down to through on when we go from outside in the heat to inside with the AC on.

PETE FROM NYC
07-14-2009, 03:14 PM
I am a big guy so I dress comfortable/casual.
Most WDW shops do not have anything my size, but I do purchase several new hats each trip, probably have accumulated a few dozen by now.

EeyoresBestFriend
07-14-2009, 03:47 PM
I take a mix of old favorites and some new ones.

The scary thing is I find myself looking at a summer top and thinking "that would be perfect for DisneyWorld ~ even if it gets wet". :blush:
I think that's a top three sign of DOD (Disney Obsession Disorder) :D and also shows that I spend too much time at WDW and nowhere else on the planet. Oh well . . . . :thumbsup:

TheVBs
07-14-2009, 05:37 PM
Try croc butter. It works great!

I'll do that, thanks! :mickey:

Dopey's Girl
07-14-2009, 05:45 PM
I usually get new socks for a trip...I don't really know why, but a WDW trip always means it's time for new socks! The funniest part is that at least 60% of the time, I wear flip flops while I'm in the parks, so I don't even need socks!!!

Pop Centurion
07-15-2009, 01:59 AM
I buy a few new things for our trip plus a new pair of sneakers. (actually I use WDW as an excuse for new sneakers since I buy so many pair)

My girlfriend buys everything new just for the trip. Plus being a typical woman, she buys more outfits than days in the trip. Half of the clothes she bought last year just for WDW still has the tags on them :mad:

mickeys_princess_mom
07-15-2009, 10:43 AM
When we get up and get ready to park hop she puts on a new outfit and asks, "How do you like it?" I smile and say, "You look swell"

You're a good guy. :mickey: I have one of those.
I do buy some new clothes--it's part of the fun of anticipation. Pictures are a consideration, and I do give thought to not wearing clothes that were in the last ones:blush:. I don't buy enough for the whole trip though--love to pick out some new things while we're there. Love wearing them later and remembering. :cloud9:

Gooftroop5
07-15-2009, 12:34 PM
It depends on what we need. Sometimes we just are in need of extras that you don't need at home. There are certain things you can get away with at home ( - jorts - ;) ) that we wouldn't wear outside the house other then for yard work.

Also upstate NY (especially this year) a handful of decent warm weather clothes with your own washer & dryer are all we need. so extras are necessary to take for the florida heat & not to have to do laundry every 3 days.

I am lucky enough to be a SAHM this is my one valid excuse to get new clothes. Since my youngest is 4 I don't think I can get away with maternity clothes now can I?

Darin M
07-16-2009, 12:42 AM
I always buy some retro Disney tees before getting to the parks.

yjgirl32
07-16-2009, 08:14 AM
On our last trip we bought some new clothes. For this trip since we will be celebrating an anniversary and a birthday I have decided to make some new matching shirts. Plus we bought matching shirts from the Disney store that also match- very dirt cheap.

disneyworld55925592
07-16-2009, 09:09 AM
some days i wear nice shorts but if there is a water park the waters kinda nasty so i wear like quick drying atheltic shorts. I usually dont dress that nice for the parks but i looks nicer at night when we go out to dinner and dont usually ride as many rides. I need to be comfortable but ya I dont want to sorta mess up my nice new clothes so i save them for night time when im not sitting on rides!

indytraveler
07-16-2009, 09:23 AM
Only new purchase is matching shirts for one day. We used to buy new matching outfits for the kids in bright colors so we could pick them out of a crowd. But since they are older now (15, 13, 9) it is a little difficult. I do have my Disney shirt that I have worn last 3 trips. A breathable shirt that wicks moisture away. Problem is when I look back at pictures I don't know which year it is.

jakeybake
07-16-2009, 09:37 AM
Problem is when I look back at pictures I don't know which year it is.

That would be easy for me. I could tell each year by the extra 10 pounds and additional grey hair i have added on.

2006: Still look good, 175 lbs., mostly black hair
2007: Look just ok now, 185 lbs., grey creeping in
2008: What the hell happened to me? 195 lbs. hair looks like I go to Bea Arthur's hair stylist!
2009: Annual trip cancelled due to all of my extra income going to Jenny Craig membership and monthly Just For Men treatments!!

Jay

VWL Mom
07-16-2009, 10:31 AM
That would be easy for me. I could tell each year by the extra 10 pounds and additional grey hair i have added on.

2006: Still look good, 175 lbs., mostly black hair
2007: Look just ok now, 185 lbs., grey creeping in
2008: What the hell happened to me? 195 lbs. hair looks like I go to Bea Arthur's hair stylist!
2009: Annual trip cancelled due to all of my extra income going to Jenny Craig membership and monthly Just For Men treatments!!

Jay:rotfl:
I usually get new socks for a trip...I don't really know why, but a WDW trip always means it's time for new socks! The funniest part is that at least 60% of the time, I wear flip flops while I'm in the parks, so I don't even need socks!!!:D

Our trips are normally in November and I'm always running out trying to find summer shirts. Somehow everything I put away at the end of August grows mysterious spots in the drawer.

ASweetLov
07-16-2009, 11:54 AM
Months before my Disney vacations I always look for new jean capris and new character shirts to buy. I don't dress fancy, but I dress comfortable and clean.

r4kids
07-16-2009, 02:54 PM

Ditto!! :cloud9:

vws_and_disney
07-16-2009, 07:04 PM
Always! Me and DW seem to start clothes shopping a few months before and everything goes into a large suitcase until the night before when we seperate all the clothes to their respective suitcases. it makes it fun, kind of like the first day of school.:fresh:

caryrae
07-16-2009, 07:43 PM
We will only bring new cloths if there is stuff that doesn't fit anymore otherwise with what it can cost for a Disney trip our cloths we already have will do just fine. I end up buying a few t-shirts and baseball caps anyway while at WDW.

johnO
07-16-2009, 08:21 PM
I wear what's comfortable....

EditReject
07-16-2009, 10:32 PM
Not always new but I make sure I always look good. When you look good you feel good. :cool:

gnomelady
07-18-2009, 07:31 AM
Years ago I use to think I needed new clothes to go on Disney but now I wear what I have. It's just a woman thing to think you need something new.
I don't pay much attention to what people wear . I do notice men in particular wearing wife beater shirts and saying on t-shirts I feel are way out of place at Disney. I'm not a snob by no means but somethings I have read are really out there.

Magic Smiles
07-18-2009, 11:50 AM
ALWAYS!!!!!!!!!!!
DH gets new underwear and DS gets new socks, whether or not they need them. I on the otherhand get EVERYTHING new:blush:
Actually DS and DH get new clothes also if they want. They just don't like to shop like me:mickey:

Buying new before the trip does not stop me from buying more when in Orlando. I just love the Florida Mall.

FriendsofMickey
07-18-2009, 12:04 PM
We usually buy new Disney T-shirts each year. We try to always match while at Disney. We usually just have shorts to go with them.

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-18-2009, 07:23 PM
We usually wear fairly new clothes to Disney. We've been tending to go in May, well before summer starts up here, so we need new things for the summer anyways.

Really though, I want us all to look nice, since we get so many pictures done, they are just better if we all have nice clothes on too.

wdwvacationeer
07-18-2009, 09:10 PM
Not as much as we use to. When my kids were younger I use to pretty much dress them in head to toe disney, coordinated, and matching the park or character meal that we were going to that day- sometimes switching mid-day to ensure that the theme continued. Is this a sickness? Honestly, I remember one time at our airport, on the way to Disney, an airport worker commenting on how my four year old daughter looked as though she had already been on vacation- disney skirt, top, socks and sparkling shoes, disney princess ears with veil, backpack and pulling her sparkling Disney Princess suitcase- clutching her soft Cinderella sleeping doll-all new- bought especially for our arrival day. It must have been a sickness. Now that everyone is getting older (and refusing to enable the sickness) we bring our nice, comfortable summery clothes with some new stuff thrown in. And only a few Disney things.

MichaelMouse
07-18-2009, 10:10 PM
Call it a big expense. Afteall if your going to Disney you MUST be ready to spend boo cuu bucks. It's a long family tradition I need to blame on my parents. When I was a child, my mom and dad would splurge on me with new threads, so now I do the same for myself, my wife and my son. All the way down to the underwear. It becomes a BIG expense, but hey it's well worth it, Disney is not your ordinary theme park. It's a land of fantasy. When I walk around the "world", I'm dressed like a gentleman, Walt deserves that. I usually go in the summer, so a nice brand new pair of shorts, polo shirt, new kicks, new socks, new boxer shorts, even new cologne. I worry about the expense when I get my credit card bill the following month.:mickey:

antngoof89
07-19-2009, 02:05 AM
I never wear new clothes to WDW. Literally, everytime I go there I wear basketball shorts, t-shirt, ball cap, sun glasses and beat up shoes. I'm only there to have fun, not impress. I will wear a new shirt whenever I've bought the one t-shirt souvenir I'll get every once in a while, but other than that, beat up clothes that are broken in so I'm comfortable and not worried about ruining anything.

gaffz70
07-19-2009, 02:20 PM
I didn't think I did, but looking back to this Spring, any new clothes items I bought were things that I thought would be great for Disney - new tanks/halters etc for the HOT weather. I actually bought 2 new pairs of Disney PJ's, so I wouldn't be sportin' my usual (dh's old t-shirts). I even bought my dh and 2 boys matching Mickey Hawaiian shirts for Poly. I also try not to pack things that I know we have a lot of pic's of us wearing on the last trip.

The thing that cracks my dh up is that when me, my mom and sister buy new clothes, we don't wear them right away, we let them sit in the closet for a little - not sure what we're waiting for, it's not like a fine wine.

dog-ears
07-19-2009, 08:07 PM
I actually have "Disney clothes" that I almost only wear at WDW. Drives my wife nuts.:mickey:

LOL, me too! Although DH does not seem to mind. Some of mine are almost vintage now but I always get some compliments from other guests while at the parks!

crltkcagle
07-19-2009, 10:20 PM
Yep I go out and buy the whole family new clothes and dh always complains. LOL

georger
07-20-2009, 08:12 AM
What the heck are jorts????

bruin1344
07-20-2009, 01:07 PM
The only things I buy are new socks, new sneakers and sometimes a new boston sports team hat. I buy new sneakers a month or 2 in advance to break them in before i go to wdw.

I wear t-shirts to the parks during the day and polo shirt for dinner in the evening

KAJUNKING
07-20-2009, 01:28 PM
What the heck are jorts????

jean shorts, there is a whole thread about jorts its pretty funny

kbean
07-20-2009, 04:43 PM
Ha...this is funny. I make it a point to look my best when going to Disney. There's alot of cute girls there for us single guys. Of course I live close by so one day doesn't hurt nice clothes.

joonyer
07-21-2009, 11:16 AM
DW usually buys our family of 4 new shirts for each day before each trip (although sometimes we uses ones form a previous trip) so that each day we are wearing matching colors. It makes it a lot easier to find each other in the crowds.

Iteachpc
07-21-2009, 11:15 PM
Okay, I already posted on this thread, but now I've got to repost.

I started packing and realized there were more days to our trip than shorts in my wardrobe! So off to the store for a couple new pairs! They are now tucked in my suitcase with a couple of new shirts as well. So I will be sporting a few new duds!

We head to Orlando on Friday! WE CAN'T WAIT!

Wolf
07-22-2009, 12:19 AM
Nah usually just the oldest/softest clothes I think can hold out for day or two without bugging me really. I like to save up and try to not spend any money before I go so I can spend more there lol! I buy wayyy too much stuff while I'm there so I don't think it makes up for it.:blush:

Bethanymouse
07-22-2009, 01:30 AM
I always buy new clothes for disney, for me and the kids. It is definitely not our complete wardrobe but some of us women prepare for our trips as if they are like the next coming of christ. I spend months preparing and planning and I am already gathering things for packing and we still have 49 days until we leave. It is always nice to take Disney pictures and have new clothes on in them, and this will set apart photos from previous trips, as well. I also have clothes that I have worn before that I have to "get into" for my trip, and that is typically the only time they fit. I don't see this as all that abnormal for a woman to do.

I LOVE THIS! And....I agree!

minnie-mouse
07-22-2009, 10:04 AM
Absolutely! It is vacation, a chance to do new things and have fun, be free for a week. Good for her to get excited about it all. I do the same thing and my hubby loves it.

prprincess
07-22-2009, 12:15 PM
It depends. If I need new stuff, I will buy it. But I always try to look good. Mostly because I don't want to look at my pictures later on and think, why did I dress like such a slob?

PrincessJadesMom
07-22-2009, 02:43 PM
Our first trip we bought all new clothes, but after that I decided nobody cared if I had new clothes on. I'd rather use that money to make our trip extra special, like using it instead to buy Cirque du Soliel tickets or something. We don't dress like slobs though, just decent looking clothes we already have.:mickey:

goofball
07-22-2009, 02:43 PM
I usually wear shorts and a tank top, flip flops and my tigger ears. :D

pook@wdw
07-22-2009, 10:09 PM
Absolutely not! I adhere to the three "C"s. Cool, comfortable, and casual. We don't dine anywhere on property that has a specific "dress code". What I put on in the AM, is what I'm wearin in the PM. (unless we get unusually hot and sweaty, or wet). That being said, I do not condone overly revealing, inappropriate, or sloppy attire for me DH, or DD! :nono:

DigitalDaredevil
07-23-2009, 01:11 AM
I wear my most comfortable clothes. Nothing new.

SandmanGStefani24
07-23-2009, 03:41 PM
guilty as charged! :mickey:

I get very caught up in the excitement and go buy new clothes for the trip. (and I'm a guy!) The mrs makes fun of me for it at times, but I do want to look reasonably good for it. (not dressin up per se, just new tshirts or newer clothes. comfy is key) I even wear new shoes there, but I don't recommend that for everyone, since sometimes they don't fit just right and cause issues. Either way, I just figure since this is my favorite place in the world, I should dress a little bit better!

KAT1811
07-24-2009, 07:31 PM

:ditto:

Most every season we all get new clothes so I guess all of our clothes are new. We don't have "old" clothes. The old stuff doesn't fit anyone or isn't in style anymore if it does. I buy some things especially for our Disney trips but nothing insane. Actually, I buy Dh quite a few new things before our trip. We always dress in nice clothes and I love to make sure we all coordinate for pictures (Mostly sundresses and skirts. I only own one pair of shorts and very rarely wear them). No two outfits can clash! LOL! I never leave my house without my hair fixed and makeup on so it certainly isn't happening in WDW. And the kids always have their hair fixed. I love to have us all looking nice. I feel better when we are all put together. A bit vain I'll admit but hey it could be worse! :blush:

BelleLovesTheBeast
07-27-2009, 11:19 AM
I DO! We usually go in the fall so all the summer clothes are on sale. I usually pick up shorts, tanks, etc. to take on vacation. They are usually comfy clothes... maybe something for one of the signature TS. I also go to the Disney store and see what t-shirts they have on sale. Last year I bought a few for DH and I for $5 each. I surprise him with his.

SurferStitch
07-27-2009, 11:28 AM
I always love to get nice, new clothes for the parks (park attire). I tend to kind of "dress up" for the parks, and always wear nice tops, shorts/bermudas/capris, cute sandals, and nice jewelry. If I do wear a tee shirt, it has to be a girly fit with some flash to it.

Hair and makeup is always done to the nines, too.

That's just me....I like to look nice for pictures. I'm still comfy, though.

If dinner is at a resort, I ALWAYS dress up! I love high heels, fancy dresses or outfits, and lots of bling. I also like to get a little dressed up (nothing too fancy) if we dine at Epcot at night. Nothing extravagant, but nicer than my park attire.

Jeffybob
07-28-2009, 08:40 AM
Each time we seem to visit Disney we pick up a new shirt for a future visit. Not into T's but good quality shirts. Also, the Mickey Tennis socks are great too.

All of our Disney Clothes are packed away in a storage tub and when we prepare for our trip, the tub comes out and those are the clothes we take. We only use these clothes for Disney vacations so they get minimal use and last for years.

People will ask "where did you get that shirt?" often since many are vintage and in great condition. The shirt that I get the most notice from is my Disneyland Paris Rugby shirt ... everyone loves that one, especially the CM's at the France Pavilion. :mickey:

coneygoil
07-28-2009, 09:43 AM
I don't go out intentionally buy new clothes, but clothes I've bought in the past couple months before hand I usually wear. And I usually some of my favorite clothes too. Y'know, to look good in pictures :P

wire0monkey
07-28-2009, 02:38 PM
I don't buy new clothes. We don't wear rags, but nothing is new for vacation. If we need extra shorts or camp shirts, I buy them at the Salvation Army. That way the kids can do whatever they want to these clothes, and I'm not bummed out about it. (Chocolate ice cream down the front of a light colored shirt? No problem!)

luvmyboys4ever
07-28-2009, 03:42 PM
YES! Our first trip, as a family, I bought everything new...head to toe. Now, I buy new shirts, socks, underwear and shoes. The only thing I recycle are shorts and jackets(they are Disney themed anyway).
I even buy shirts while I'm on non-Disney vacations! I bought several shirts for the family when we were on vacation in Wisconsin Dells...they have a Disney Store in their outlet mall.:thumbsup:

MistressGracey
07-28-2009, 05:02 PM
I never ever buy new clothes for Disney. We are a very casual family, very punk rock in our attire, so who's going to know or care if our Danzig and Green Day t-shirts are new or old? One year I did buy my DS new sneaks before Dis because his were looking like they were about to fall apart. That's how we normally like them, but this was ridiculous! :D Anyway, the whole time, he complained about the shoes being uncomfortable, so now if anyone's shoes are on their last legs (laces?), we buy new ones at least a month prior to the trip.

This year I did splurge on a new nose stud for Disney, however! My prior one was a hoop and I was paranoid about getting it caught on a fursuit when I hugged the characters. :thumbsup:

LoriMistress
07-29-2009, 11:33 PM
I'll buy a few outfits, but not an entire visit to WDW. DH and I always visit at least two nice restaurants, so we want to dress nicely instead of wearing a WDW shirt and sweat pants.