PDA

View Full Version : Anybody remember?

Bass T-bone
07-13-2009, 11:20 AM
Monsanto’s Mighty Microscope, I think that this would be a wonderful ride to put in Wonders of Life pavilion.

Aggie97
07-13-2009, 03:54 PM
I don't remember it well, but my parents have told me that it absolutely TERRIFIED me when we visited DL for the first time (I was almost four). Apparently I flipped out while we were waiting in line, when I saw the riders who entered ahead of us being "shrunk." I really did not want to be made tiny like them! :blush:

Bass T-bone
07-13-2009, 04:02 PM
I don't remember it well, but my parents have told me that it absolutely TERRIFIED me when we visited DL for the first time (I was almost four). Apparently I flipped out while we were waiting in line, when I saw the riders who entered ahead of us being "shrunk." I really did not want to be made tiny like them! :blush:

Ah yes... The power of Disney... Hehe..
I think that's what sets Disney rides apart from the others. Disney always tells a story, and so we come away with a stronger emotional rememberance.

threeh
07-15-2009, 12:10 PM
I loved that ride!! I really thought you got shrunk as well (when I was a kid):mickey:

joelkfla
07-16-2009, 02:08 AM
The attraction name was actually Adventure Thru Inner Space.

The full soundtrack of the attraction is included on the DL 50th Anniversary CD set. I listened to it last week, and was remembering how simple yet effective was the illusion.

Truly classic Imagineering.

And the exit march, "Miracles From Molecules," was one of the Sherman brothers' best.

badkitty
07-16-2009, 02:35 AM
Wasn't Paul Frees the narrator? I loved that ride as a kid.

2Epcot
07-16-2009, 03:01 AM
I also remember that ride when I was a kid. Both my brother and I thought we actually did shrink when we went into the ride ... Why not, you saw the ride vehicles going through at full size, then in the little glass tube you saw these really small ride vehicles. A simple effect, but worked great for kids.

threeh
07-16-2009, 11:11 AM
And the exit march, "Miracles From Molecules," was one of the Sherman brothers' best.

I agree, I love miracle thru molecules it is a favorite. I think there is a website out there totally dedicated thru inner space the ride. I remember visiting it a while ago.

Bass T-bone
07-16-2009, 12:05 PM
Wasn't Paul Frees the narrator? I loved that ride as a kid.

Yes! Good ear...

maxrebo77
07-16-2009, 08:31 PM
OK so a DL ride then? I am 49 and thought I forgot something.:D

JPL
07-16-2009, 11:27 PM
Actually you can still the see Microscope in the Star Tours Film if you pay close attention :thumbsup:

nicster
07-17-2009, 12:15 AM
Actually you can still the see Microscope in the Star Tours Film if you pay close attention :thumbsup:
When in the film? I love seeing the classics...

Bobby T
07-17-2009, 02:09 AM
I agree, I love miracle thru molecules it is a favorite. I think there is a website out there totally dedicated thru inner space the ride. I remember visiting it a while ago.

"Miracles from molecules...are dawning every day. Discoveries for happiness...in a fabulous array!"

Imagineer1981
07-17-2009, 11:39 AM
I have no clue what this is...any pics?

DisneyFanaticDargon
07-17-2009, 01:07 PM
When in the film? I love seeing the classics...

It's towards the beginning. After Rex (I think that's his name) sends the Starspeeder down the wrong tunnel and it drops down into the maintenance bay he swerves a little bit to dodge things. If you keep your eyes on the lower right hand corner of the screen you'll see it shortly before he flies out of the building.

KAJUNKING
07-17-2009, 01:53 PM
I have no clue what this is...any pics?

im with you on this one, no memory of this

DisneyFanaticDargon
07-17-2009, 02:55 PM
Adventure Thru Inner Space was an attraction at Disneyland that was housed in the building that currently houses Star Tours. It never had an incarnation at WDW.

nicster
07-17-2009, 02:56 PM
It's towards the beginning. After Rex (I think that's his name) sends the Starspeeder down the wrong tunnel and it drops down into the maintenance bay he swerves a little bit to dodge things. If you keep your eyes on the lower right hand corner of the screen you'll see it shortly before he flies out of the building.
Cool! Thanks!!;)