PDA

View Full Version : Night Rides

Daddy Mouse
07-13-2009, 10:58 AM
DW and I have compiled a list of rides we would like to experience at night. If anyone can think of more please help us out. I enjoy some of the rides during the evening hours better than during the day.
MK
Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Jungle Cruise, Astro Orbiter
DHS
Tower of Terror
AK
Expedition Everest
EPCOT
None
Downtown Disney
Balloon Ride

Imagineer1981
07-13-2009, 11:07 AM
Agreed, that certain rides are just cooler at night. Might I add the following:

MK: TTA (when it opens)

AK: Kali River Rapids

FantasmicJ
07-13-2009, 11:12 AM
I highly recommend both Thunder Mountain and Jungle Cruise at night. I prefer both of those rides at night rather than daytime.

Others to think about would be Dumbo and Cinderella's Carousel at MK.

StitchFan#1
07-13-2009, 12:02 PM
JC at MK because the funny gets a rolin' and BTM Cuz its just wayyyyyy cooler and you can see the hootinany in the salon

Mousemates
07-13-2009, 12:09 PM
Just about any of the outdoor rides at MK are enhanced by the night/lights...the only ride i will add would be test track...the outside speedway is much better at night.

Goes4FastPass
07-13-2009, 12:13 PM
EPCOT night ride = TEST TRACK

bruin1344
07-13-2009, 01:04 PM
DW and I have compiled a list of rides we would like to experience at night. If anyone can think of more please help us out. I enjoy some of the rides during the evening hours better than during the day.
MK
Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Jungle Cruise, Astro Orbiter
DHS
Tower of Terror
AK
Expedition Everest
EPCOT
None
Downtown Disney
Balloon Ride

MK - In addition to your list, Tomorrowland Transit Authority is a great night ride, its even fun to watch when the fireworks are going on

Epcot - walking around world showcase

KronkHere
07-13-2009, 02:59 PM
Splash Mountain and Big Thunder MRR are way cooler at night. POC, (although inside and in the dark), has a cool feeling to it when you come out into the shop and its still dark...
:pirate:

BluewaterBrad
07-13-2009, 03:27 PM
I agree. Riding those attractions are a blast at night.:mickey:

phillydan
07-13-2009, 04:03 PM
Dumbo at night during Wishes - it is amazing because the fireworks are shooting off all around you.

Astro Orbiter at night adds some pizzaz to an otherwise mediocre ride.

Iteachpc
07-14-2009, 12:08 AM
One more vote for Test Track at EPCOT. Lots more fun to race around the track in the dark!

JPL
07-14-2009, 01:16 AM
I agree with most of your list and add Test Track for Epcot and for AK I would add Dino-Rama. At Night Dino-Rama takles on an entirely fdifferent feel and you can almost see what the Imagineers were going for with the carnival type atmosphere.

tjstrike
07-14-2009, 05:14 AM
Prime evil whirl. EE on the front row at night is awesome !!

DisneyHoneymooners
07-14-2009, 09:12 AM
I know its an indoor ride, but there is something about the haunted mansion at night that makes it even better.

elmjimmlm
07-14-2009, 12:20 PM
We love KRR at night...There is not much lighting and it makes it so much better...

#1donaldfan
07-14-2009, 12:32 PM
there are many I like at night but I'll just name one from each park

MK - Jungle Cruise
AK - KRR
EC - TT
HS - ToT

KAJUNKING
07-14-2009, 03:13 PM
i like to be in the parks walking around at night, completly different than during the day

AdventurerKim
07-14-2009, 03:19 PM
Jungle Cruise at night is definitely more fun at night! :thumbsup:

Giselle
07-15-2009, 09:57 AM
Dumbo at night during Wishes is great. But I have to agree, they are all better at night. The lights are better, its cooler, and it just seems extra magical. :cloud9:

Charlee
07-15-2009, 10:07 AM
Like others have posted, I love the TTA at night when your wizzing around and can see Wishes or Spectromagic as you go round.
Jungle Cruise is always better in the dark and for some reason the Skippers always tend to be better on an evening.
I also love going on the Haunted Mansion on a night as it feels very atmospheric making your way up to the building, extra creepy!

joonyer
07-15-2009, 12:35 PM
Our favorite ride at night is Splash Mountain, during Wishes. Of course it's our favorite attraction in WDW in the daytime, too, but it's even more special and magical at night. From the outside portions of the mountain you get a great view of the park and with the fireworks exploding overhead, it's even more magical. Another bonus: during Wishes, the queue is very short, sometimes no wait at all, and you can ride several times without waiting.

disneyworld55925592
07-15-2009, 03:20 PM
maelstrom in epcot is better at night!

mouseneer
07-16-2009, 08:37 AM
Test Track is a lot of fun at night !!

antngoof89
07-16-2009, 03:17 PM
I'd definitely have to go with Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Railroad at night during wishes. This last trip I took we rode Splash Mountain during wishes and it was quite possibly the best idea of the entire trip. It was awesome to see the fireworks going off as you go around the outside tracks. It made the drop a whole lot more fun as well. All around it was just a great experience.

mouseneer
07-17-2009, 06:15 AM
That's true, I forgot about Splash Mountain ! The ride was stopped for about 45 minutes while we were on it. It was at night, and we watched the fireworks there; of course, they were directly behind us and we had to really twist our necks to see them. We were stuck at the door of Brer Bear and we had to listen to that 10 second-loop of a song that I'll never get outta my head!

vws_and_disney
07-17-2009, 12:00 PM
any ride is better at night, but splash mountain is amazing at night.:mickey:

beksy
07-17-2009, 03:12 PM
I don't know what it is, but I just prefer the parks at night, especially the magic kingdom. It seems more "magical" somehow! We did Dumbo at night for the first time last trip and really enjoyed the experience. Also TTA is great at night. There are some great views that we had never really noticed during the day that shine out at night. Plus it's not as hot! :mickey:

steamboat willy
07-17-2009, 06:28 PM
I know its an indoor ride, but there is something about the haunted mansion at night that makes it even better.

WE feel the same way. Walking up to and out of the HM is way better at night.

Night during MNSSHP is the best. Live ghost lady was setting outside last time. :thumbsup:

garymacd
07-17-2009, 07:14 PM
Don't forget Haunted Mansion at night. It just seems spookier.

nicster
07-17-2009, 09:09 PM
We just happened to ride BTM during the fireworks one night. WOW! It was like the fireworks were all around us as we came to the top and went speeding down the Mountain!:fworks:

antngoof89
07-18-2009, 02:08 AM
We just happened to ride BTM during the fireworks one night. WOW! It was like the fireworks were all around us as we came to the top and went speeding down the Mountain!:fworks:

Ya the Mountains really do have some added pizzaz when the fireworks are going on. Shortest lines as well as the best experience all around. Everyone that loves disney needs to experience these rides at night.

nicster
07-18-2009, 02:45 AM
Ya the Mountains really do have some added pizzaz when the fireworks are going on. Shortest lines as well as the best experience all around. Everyone that loves disney needs to experience these rides at night.
You are right about the lines. We rode three times & never had to get off. We saw one other couple get on the train when it came, so we just signaled the cm could we ride again, she nodded, and that was :cloud9: