PDA

View Full Version : Cinderella Table

Rhetoric2000
07-13-2009, 10:36 AM
Hi Folks,

I am making ADRs for my cousins who are going out soon. They have been asking about Cinderella's Royal Table.

I must confess this has been a bit of a blind spot for us as we last did it over 15 years ago, disliked the food intensely and havent considered it since.

Can I be assured that the food is much better now than it was then - and is it worth doing for a family of 4? (son, 10; daughter, 7)

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-13-2009, 11:15 AM
We've been for breakfast and dinner, and both were OK. The food isn't wonderful, but it is good and it is neat to eat in the Castle.

Is it "worth" it? Not really, it is expensive and there are lots of better places to eat at Disney. But, if they have never done it before, it is a "disney experience" and I think they would enjoy it.

DizneyRox
07-13-2009, 11:24 AM
Dinner is better than breakfast by a long shot. But, it's still not a great value. You're paying for the atmosphere not the food.

Disney Doll
07-13-2009, 01:16 PM
Yeah, we've only been once, several years ago. The expense combined with the hassle of getting an ADR hasn't made me in a hurry to do it again. The food was okay...not fabulous, but not horrible. However, I think people eat there for their kids and I think it would be a very neat experience for a young girl.

DisneyFr33k
07-13-2009, 01:38 PM
I agree it is expensive. However, our breakfast experience was wonderful. We thought the food was really good. Two years ago, while my DH an DS were at DisneyQuest, my DD and I ate dinner there. We were lucky enough to get the table for 2 right in the center windows looking over Fantasy Land. That was very memorable. The food was good too! All in all, a magical experience for us.

RBrooksC
07-13-2009, 03:23 PM
I would have to agree. When we go back to Disney in August of 2011, if my daughter isn't big into the Princesses (she will be 2 and a half), we are not going to eat there.

I will say, while the quality is, at best, good, it is filling. Also, due to the small capacity, there is more time with each Princess.

If the Castle isn't the big draw but a Princess meal is, try Askerhus in Epcot. I have heard their Princess breakfast is far superior in quality to the Castle, less expensive and easier to get a table.

#1donaldfan
07-14-2009, 12:58 PM
I would honestly have to warn you against the breakfast....it was very bland, and borderline bad...I can't comment on the dinner....

....to eat in the castle was a "been there, done that" experience, I doubt we'll do it again....it was nice being "IN" the castle eating, I just wish the food was better !!

Figment78
07-14-2009, 01:06 PM
I miss the old restaurant experience. Both King Stefan's and CRT (pre-character meal). I have had several lunches and dinners there during those times that I enjoyed immensely. I did the "character" dinner version a few years ago and while it wasn't bad, it wasn't the same. I wish they would rotate character meals through other restaurants or something, to keep things fresh. I mean, I know it's the castle and how appropriate for a princess breakfast, but DH and I had a lovely anniversary dinner there 5 years ago and would love to return but it just isn't the same with the fairy godmother bit. :cool:

Just reminiscing about the old days for a moment...

To answer your question - if your daughter is big into princesses, then it will be special and worth doing. (your son might even enjoy too!)

Mom2princesses
07-15-2009, 11:11 PM
We had a wonderful breakfast in June at CRT. My little one (now 5) loved it. I think the breakfast food was very good. Yes it is expensive but you are paying for the atmosphere.

We did Norway for dinner and really I was not impressed at all. We did not like the food and felt very rushed. The princess interaction was much better at the Castle.

The castle is special especially to little princesses.

TheRustyScupper
07-16-2009, 11:10 AM
I must confess this has been a bit of a blind spot for us as we last did it over 15 years ago, disliked the food intensely and havent considered it since.

1) Really hasn't changed.
2) You are paying for characters and castle.
3) You are not paying for good food.
4) Thanks goodness.
5) Because you are not getting it.
6) If you want good food, go elsewhere.