PDA

View Full Version : Comparing the Carousel and Magic Carpets

Jeri Lynn
07-13-2009, 06:53 AM
Hi,
I have never been on Alladin's Magic Carpets or Dumbo, I was afraid to try them due to an issue I had with vertigo a few years back.

I am able to ride the carousel without a problem, would these other two rides be comparable???

TIA!

sassy2000
07-13-2009, 09:25 AM
If you can do the carosel then you should not have a problem. They all go about the same speed. :mickey:

steamboat willy
07-13-2009, 09:50 AM
Biggest difference is that Dumbo and Magic Carpet go up, up up! But YOU :thumbsup: control that, so if you want to stay at ground level, you can. Happy Flying!

Stu29573
07-13-2009, 09:51 AM
The only issue that I could see would be height if you have a VERY bad problem. Of course if you sit in the seat that lets you control that, you have no worries!

Jeri Lynn
07-16-2009, 12:49 PM
Great Thanks!! I have no problems with height!!

In my 18 visits I have never been on any of these rides so this year is the time to do it!!!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-17-2009, 03:43 PM
If you have vertigo and going around triggers it, try "spotting". This is when you focus on a spot even when going around. Then as you go past your spot, you pick another spot to focus on rather than looking straight ahead as you go around and around. I didn't get dizzy, but I don't feel the need to do it again.